LegacyGT.com

Do you wave to fellow Legacy GT drivers?

I haven't seen or met any LGT owners since I bought my car.

-David

Just keep driving, you will start seeing people out there. I know of a few people who live up there on this forum. You should definitely come up to the TDC Tune Day on Jan 20th. Its being held at AMS Tuning in Gaithersburg.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to wave, but most are 40+ and not really paying attention to anything but the road in front of them.

There's one cutie that takes the same route to work as me and sometimes I see her in the morning....she's driving a OBP LGT and I'm pretty sure she has a ring on :(

Just keep driving, you will start seeing people out there. I know of a few people who live up there on this forum. You should definitely come up to the TDC Tune Day on Jan 20th. Its being held at AMS Tuning in Gaithersburg.

I went out last night and saw a silver LGT but he was to far behind me to see who it was. Thanks for the heads up about the TUNE day. I'll definately be there.

-David

Cross posted from the Official North East Spotted Thread:

Reading this and the "do you wave" thread made me count. Half of my morning commute and all of my evening commute are in darkness and there are times that I don't have extra attention for anything but the road, but I still saw 38 Subarus. Maybe five Forresters, one Impreza sedan and four wagons, the rest were OBs.

Seeing a Subaru almost never gives me the "there's one of us" feeling, but it always gives me the safe feeling that I'm pretty well camouflaged and blending in with the crowd. I might see an LGT once every few weeks, but I usually don't even get eye contact. So I see loads of Subarus every day, but I almost never spot one.

That really sums up the wave for me. I'm not waving at a grille emblem, but a driver. One who faces the same challenges of climate, traffic and the need to move that I do, one who chose to face them the same way I do- with AWD and power. People who just happen to be driving Subarus aren't necessarily "us." An LGT sitting on its ass in the left lane is just as much a part of the problem as a brain-dead SUV driver sitting on his ass in the left lane. I've got no kinship with either.

I went out last night and saw a silver LGT but he was to far behind me to see who it was. Thanks for the heads up about the TUNE day. I'll definately be there.

-David

Wish I was still in MD. Live in Columbia, MD, go to school in NY. Have fun with that guys. Anyone up here in the Albany Metro Area?

Edit: I'd wave, first off, if I had ever seen another LGT on the road. Second, I haven't met anyone yet that knows what my car is. Everyone says, hey, what is that?

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Archived