LegacyGT.com

:(...For the Love of LGT

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Twirling my thumbs now. Not any real facts on what's wrong but expect a few things to be up for sale.

Brembos, DBA rotors, SS brake lines, center dual pod for steering column, boomba short throw shifter,oz wheels (mayyyyybbbeeeee) are my big items I might have to let go of:(

Twirling my thumbs now. Not any real facts on what's wrong but expect a few things to be up for sale.

Brembos, DBA rotors, SS brake lines, center dual pod for steering column, boomba short throw shifter,oz wheels (mayyyyybbbeeeee) are my big items I might have to let go of:(

Sorry to hear this as well S2 - buuuut on the positive side, does this mean your overall plan is still to keep the car and get it rolling again while just paring down some of the less-essential features?

Overall plan is to keep the car. Get it paid off, which will be this Oct-Nov to be done with payments.Drop my insurance to all the lowest policys. I'll reevaluate what I want to spend on it when all that's done. I'll drive my truck for as long as I can and save save save save.

Big summer with trips again, which I always do, so $$ is going to be saved for that. I'll also be moving later this summer so I need to have extra for a deposit. So I'll share some parts in the meantime.

Unless someone REALLY wants to buy my car and I'll keep my wheels, coils, front end and engine. They'd be buying it as a shell for like 5-8grand

And zee they're used off Swannees car, and yes Goodridge

Guess I had a bit of a come to moment tonight after a chat with my pops. There's difference between a project and burden, I just have to decide which way this is going. Seems as of lately it's a burden

Sorry to hear the news. Your pops sounds like a smart man. Just have to decide what's worth more, the time and money or the love of building that car and driving it. Either way, I believe the forum will be here to support you along the way. I'm no real use mechanically but, if you need any electrical help I'll help in any way I can. Good luck!

Had some time today to pull the timing covers off without my back locking up on me. Timing belt looks good and teeth are all intact. Definitely something inside. Next up compression test when I have time.

Garage is a mess so need to make some space for an engine hoist and stand.

Going to attempt to get pics tomorrow hopefully (if I can get them to attach) of some items I'm going to sell

Going to attempt to get pics tomorrow hopefully (if I can get them to attach) of some items I'm going to sell

Go to the sticky in the FS section and there is a link there with 2 methods of attaching pics. SBT just put together that little tutorial recently. Good luck. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Not sure what to ask for the clip but considering all the hard work done of it getting here by others then getting all the dents fixed and prep/paint for a direct swap I think I'm being fair. Majority of people I've talked with its 3-4grand to do their 4thgens

• 3 weeks later...
Bumping for good reason. If anyone knows where I can locate a STOCK engine please lmk

Post here since I lost the other two someone posted. Tia

http://www.autogator.com

They are in the Sacramento area and have one minus turbo and exhaust manifold.

Stock shortblock, longblock or complete engine? have you tried car-part.com for a complete engine? Shortblocks are like 1700-1800 shipped from some dealership on here, i think hueberger.

Archived