LegacyGT.com

:(...For the Love of LGT

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes direct drop in. And complete long block, heads included. Let's leave dealership talk out of this. No one knows wtf my car is at this point when talking with them.

is the 2010 an ej257/55 as well? Is there no other identification... makes it a pita looking on google, everything is wrx....

http://subierecycler.com/

http://y2kimports.com/catalogue/

heres another. Might be a bit pricey..

We have an EJ255 shortblock but the heads are specific to our cars because we have Dual AVCS and the oil scavenger pump that runs off of a cam for our front low mount turbo setup. And there were only roughly 2000 of our cars made in the US, so difficult to find complete engines.

Just so we're clear my stock engine in the first post is long gone. This is what I have now and recently had another issue

GINE/EXHAUST

Outfront Closed deck 2.5L block,

Sublet Machine shop, block, resurface flywheel, fit rods, balance, polish crank

Sublet Nitrous Coating for pistons/skirts x4

King bearing Sets Mains + Rods

Manley, Valve Spring and retainer Kit

GSC, Viton 6mm Valve Stem Seal Set

Killer-B, Subaru Windage Tray

Subaru, Engine Gasket Set, 10-12 LGT

Clutchmasters, FX300, push type turbo

Cosmetic Head Gasket, Subaru EJ25, 100mm bore, .040" 2

ARP, Head Studs

JE Piston Set, STD 99.5mm

Manely Turbo Tuff Connecting Rods

GSC Stage 1 Cams, 08+ STi

Cosworth Subaru EJ Timing Guide

Manley....Extreme Duty 33mm exhaust Valves (+1mm)

Manley....Race Master Intake Valves, 37mm (+1mm)

Sublet Machine Shop, heads, fit new cams, radial valve cut, reset lash, install viton seals, oversize valves, blend bowls, performance springs. 70lbs seat 180lbs @ .420"

Oil pump, JDM STi 12mm

SubaruOil Cooler, 10+ LGT

Gates Performance timing belt kit

We have an EJ255 shortblock but the heads are specific to our cars because we have Dual AVCS and the oil scavenger pump that runs off of a cam for our front low mount turbo setup. And there were only roughly 2000 of our cars made in the US, so difficult to find complete engines.

so its an ej255 shortblock, and the heads are ??? ie b25

Are you sure the heads can't be salvaged?

I put approx 20xxx miles on this setup in about 5-7 months so that takes alot of the warranty out due to mileage even with not having it in the car less than a year.

yea especially racing motors..... did you give them a call to see what they say? They might make a deal if they are honest, maybe eat the labor, you pay for parts, something like that.

Whats average warranty for high performance engine? 10k 3 months seems about right... but if you pull it down and get it tested, they can hopefully find where the fault is.

You don't seem like you beat on the car, makes me think its a build issue!

You don't seem like you beat on the car, makes me think its a build issue!

Or a result of the fact that he rearended another car last September, causing some damage to the motor or timing belt that eventually caused a catastrophic failure.

He's already said that he wants a complete stock replacement motor, probably so he can keep everything from the beast of a motor he already has to rebuild it.

You lost me... complete motor is everything, intake manifold, turbo etc., if he wants to keep his parts he doesn't need a complete engine......

Longblock is the shortblock with heads bolted. If the heads are good why get a complete engine? I didn't read anywhere stating he actually pulled the engine apart!

You lost me... complete motor is everything, intake manifold, turbo etc., if he wants to keep his parts he doesn't need a complete engine......

Longblock is the shortblock with heads bolted. If the heads are good why get a complete engine? I didn't read anywhere stating he actually pulled the engine apart!

I mean a longblock. And that's what he said.

Yes direct drop in. And complete long block, heads included. Let's leave dealership talk out of this. No one knows wtf my car is at this point when talking with them.

Sounds like maybe the timing belt jumped and his valves might have smacked a piston. did you actually check the timing marks?

That's what I said at the beginning of this thread. All he has to do is pull the timing cover and he should start getting some answers. But s2baru marches to his own drum and forges his own path. :lol:

I highly doubt you threw a rod, spun a bearing or dropped a valve on startup. I would do as your friend suggested and pull the timing cover to have a look. It's possible that the belt was damaged from the accident and it just finally decided to shred itself inside the cover which could make quite a racket on that plastic cover. Hopefully it's still relatively intact and you didn't skip a tooth.

Thats tooooooo nice of an engine to write it off like that. If the piston wall isn't gouged you can get it bored and drop in bigger pistons. It might not be as bad as you think. Compression is gone in one cylinder, so that leads me to think the valve pretty much shattered or bent. The heads are probably still good and only one head one need to be replaced/rebuilt, and worst case the shortblock. All these little things should be considered. I'd pull the engine before you get any ideas.

Thats tooooooo nice of an engine to write it off like that. If the piston wall isn't gouged you can get it bored and drop in bigger pistons. It might not be as bad as you think. Compression is gone in one cylinder, so that leads me to think the valve pretty much shattered or bent. The heads are probably still good and only one head one need to be replaced/rebuilt, and worst case the shortblock. All these little things should be considered. I'd pull the engine before you get any ideas.

You're WAAAYYYY behind the curve here. When he started this thread in late 2013, he had a cracked ringland, ie Post #1, that was his original stock motor. Fast forward to 2014 and 2015, car spend a year in Portland getting the motor work specified in in his parts list a few posts up. He drove it around on the beast motor for most of the summer of 2015, all across the country. A few months ago....it blew up, or something. Got it?

Sounds like maybe the timing belt jumped and his valves might have smacked a piston. did you actually check the timing marks?

Engine is still in the car. Timing very well could be messed up from my accident. We'll find out

As GTEASER said though this is relatively easy. Take said built engine out, replace with OEM used/new motor to drop in. Build motor again. Then switcheroo back. Not hard.

I have an agreement with my shop due to a partial sponsorship/shop vehicle HOWEVER it's 500 miles away. Cant discuss all the details on costs but I can say I get quite the discount.

Tough part for me, which some of you members are lgt newbies and don't know the back story of my car but all in all my car technically has sat virtually 2years during it build and in and out of the shop.

And if the cylinder wall is borked, you can always sleeve it... I think fixing that motor is probably the cheapest answer.. not sure how much your machinist charges but replacing 4 valves(at most), sleeving the block and rebuilding seems cheaper than getting another longblock and starting over... you can actually go harder rather than go backwards.

I guess what i'm missing is the 2 year rebuild time..... thats a might long time to rebuild an engine.... if thats the case then now it all makes sense. Personally I would take the money used for a new/used longblock and just dump it back into the block with a local shop that wont take a year to build or even ship it somewhere, but a year for a discount at the expense of purchasing another motor sorta negates the discount, especially if u have to pay to do things twice. Save urself the time and headache.

I'm spinning my head too Joe.

This isn't a very complicated fair tell.

Young man falls in love with said "lady", lady gets sick so he helps her, nourishes her back to health. See goes out thinking she's miss independent and can rule the world. He agress but wants her to take it easy. She goes around and shows off only to get in a whirlwind and things thing spiral down hill. He doesn't like her anymore and tries to push her away but she comes back to life more beautiful than ever. He tries to part ways but can get rid of his admiration for her. He clings to her, she clings to him to life and she goes back to her old habits. His live for her is so strong that he begans to go on a rampage doing mischievous things behind her back, looks at other women even tests drives a few. But she still everyday is at home waiting for him....waiting for him to give her that passion she deserves and once knew.

Does that make since? ...so let's carry on the novel alright and help ;)

LOL!!!! ok i get it, so you need a ej255 dual avcs longblock! I'm rebuilding as well, so i was more so wanting to understand your thinking and logic. I just wanted to make sure you were taking good care of that beautiful lady! Any budget?

Archived