LegacyGT.com

Wasp build Thread

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the 240z I used to do the clutch in 2 hours by myself on my back on the ground. 2 hours flat from first wheel off the ground to back on the ground. I was going through them every 30k and also changing out my buddies for him too, so I did about 6 in the course of 3 years. Sitting cross legged on the ground in the tranny hump while changing out the pilot bushing and looking at the back of the engine one day, my friend said, "woah!, I am the the transmission" We were smokin' a little something that day. LOL!!!

My oil control valves are going to seize???

Clean and lube them up, pour some oil in a plastic bag, then drop it into the bag, squeeze-out any excess air, seal it up until you're ready to use them.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I went through 3 trannies on the Suzuki................Because racecar.

After owning it for 5 years, decided to turn it into a full blown autoX car. After I stripped down the motor, I shipped all the parts to CompTech in Sac town. Had them blue print and balance the internals, and had my flywheel lighten and balanced. Once I had everything back in the car, it was like driving a street legal GoKart. Man, it was fun to pull up next to an Acura Integra and see their smiles, thinking that they could blow me away. I was in a 1,675 lb car with close to 140 hps, this thing would kill most cars off the line. Good times. :D

My wife's balls are delicious.

Clean and lube them up, pour some oil in a plastic bag, then drop it into the bag, squeeze-out any excess air, seal it up until you're ready to use them.

Better yet, because you don't want to lube up the connectors, find a small cup and fill it up just below the connectors.

I don't give a flying fock what you guys shoot the sh!t about. When I have a development, I post it. Hijackmeoff, run with it!

Speaking of which. Bagging OCV's now, and stripping the TGV's so I can have Granite State Dyno weld the holes. I'll have my Exhaust cam wrench on the 5th. I've found that every after market company out there sends me the wrong focking oil pan. How is a vehicle so common, so difficult to find a pan for? Ridiculous! If I purchase OEM it goes from $50 to $105. Gross. Done for the day, time for a glass of Knob Creek, neat.

Were I to do it, I'd likely source a Killer B oil pan for the "extra" oil capacity. Not cheap, but it's nice to have that reserve supply, especially if you're fast-tracking the car on a regular basis. It's spendy, but you also get an easy access point for your oil temp sender which is "in" the oil pan where oil temps are best-measured.

Better yet, because you don't want to lube up the connectors, find a small cup and fill it up just below the connectors.

I wasn't talking about an oil bath, just enough to keep a thin coating on the the interior and exterior metal bits. Pushing all of the air out will keep them from moving around as well. :)

I wasn't talking about an oil bath, just enough to keep a thin coating on the the interior and exterior metal bits. Pushing all of the air out will keep them from moving around as well. :)

Remember, we're talking about Waspy here and he may literally give them a oil bath. :lol::p

That's how I have my back-up set stored; sandwich bags are a perfect size for a pair. I double bagged, with a shop paper towel around the outside of the inner bag to catch oil seeping through.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

That's got to hurt... if nothing else, your pride.

Use a little, add a little if you need to, but don't start out with a lot... ;)

Waspy, please tell me you started soaking them in oil. As I mention before, this was something I missed during my build and it came back and bit me in the butt. These builds are not cheap and saving every little part that you can, can save you money and headaches down the road.

Waspy, please tell me you started soaking them in oil. As I mention before, this was something I missed during my build and it came back and bit me in the butt. These builds are not cheap and saving every little part that you can, can save you money and headaches down the road.

I just had a PM session with him and he cant find his OCVs because he doesn't have OCD, just ADHD.

Archived