LegacyGT.com

Wasp build Thread

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also a little over a hour 1/2 outside of Boston, well more south west, off exit 68 and 69 on Rt84 in CT.

I know great places around here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just do it yourself and save yourself some $$$$

:lol:

Sure thing man!

All jokes aside, i wish i could... i can turn a wrench, but i'm not experienced enought to take on a project like this. Not to mention, i need this wrapped up in a timely manner! Best to leave it to the professionals this time around. I'm definitley learning quite a bit throughtout this entire process, though. I'll be able to avoid quite a few mistakes, and save myself some money next time around.:spin:

Yanked my motor from R&L Engines and dropped it off with Kevin

@ KJE Automotive Engine yesterday. He seemed quite a bit more knowledgable then Leo @ R&L. Great customer service, and the pricing was a lot more affordable. Hope to hear great things soon!

So with my motor nearing completion and ready for reinstall, I've been wondering about the tune. I have a Cobb AP and have been running the Stage 2 93 map. I will now have a semi built motor, which I don't think will affect that tune, but I'm also going to be running the 20G, GS 3 port boost solenoid, Large injectors, HF fuel pump, Large TMIC, and the typhoon intake. I know that I need to break in the motor; roughly 7-1000 miles before I throw it on a dyno. There's no way in hell it's going to run right long enough to complete the cycle... So what should I do?

open source tune?

Mine went on the dyno at 1000 miles, after break in. More like 2500 miles, as I managed to get the break in done in a week :-).

My breakin settings were 4500 max rpm & no boost. Solved the over-rev problem. The tuning thread has good guidance for your breakin suggestions.

I'm thinking your north or northwest of Boston. My Tuner Mike Kinsman uses the Dyno at ESP in Sterling MA.

He can help you with your AP, I think he could send you a Map you can load into the AP.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/tuning-alliance-121.html

You can tell us the town you live in, don't worry we won't come over and visit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

If you still want to use us at BrenTuning for tuning, we can email you a break in map after we have a deposit set for the tune since you have the AP.

I would have recommended you, not that I didn't before, but I'm not sure where he lives ???

See post #75.

Actually, I currently reside in your back seat with a role of duct tape.

*Roll

3M 3939

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived