LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2011 LGT - BNR 20G, EWGs, custom FMIC, Brembos, Recaro

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The old girl is going to get out and stretch her legs a little tomorrow.[emoji2] I haven't driven the Legacy in over 3 weeks since I got the Baja.

The Baja is getting looked at to see what's up with one of the TGV sensors. It's been throwing code P2021 since I bought it. The previous owner replaced the driver side sensor with no luck. It runs fine but it would be really nice to have cruise control and I'd like to figure out what's wrong with it anyway.

If it's an electrical issue with the sensor then it's probably a quick fix. If the TGV motor itself isn't working right then the manifold will have to be pulled. If that's the case then I'll do top feed deletes and rails so it can run ID1000s.

If I'm lucky enough to keep the stock side feed TGV housings then I will eventually do a top feed conversion anyway. Nobody seems to have good results with any aftermarket side feed injectors so they've got to go. That can be achieved with ID conversion rails and lines.

I should have the Brembos refurbished and back within a month. I ordered wheels and tires yesterday. Once I learn the fate of the TGVs tomorrow I'll at least be ordering some exhaust parts for the Baja.👹

tgv delete in your plans???

If the manifold has to be pulled b/c the driver side TGV motor isn't working properly then I will delete them, no point in replacing with another OEM unit.

I'd prefer to keep the stock TGVs from a cost standpoint. Down the road I will convert to top feeds anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't resist Cobb's 10% off sale and V2 trade-in program so I have a V3 coming.

Now that I have the Baja as a daily I'm going to do some cosmetic mods in the near future. I plan on having the intercooler piping and intake powder coated once I settle on a color. I was originally thinking yellow to match the Brembos but that's too flashy. I think I'll go with some sort of black chrome or metallic gray color. I have some samples coming from Prismatic so I should figure that out and pull the piping by next weekend.

My FMIC core is painted with black Eastwood radiator paint. When I was working on that project 3 years ago I could not find anybody who would anodize it. It is chipped all to hell and I've already touched it up on two other occasions. I recently found a guy in Jersey who does anodizing. He said he could blast the paint off but the anodizing wouldn't look nearly as good as with a new core. Thankfully Vibrant cores are reasonably priced.

I've had the Killer B dual reservoir since March. It will be a good chance to knock that out while the bumper and piping are off the car. If I had to do it all over again, I would have purchased this when I was doing the FMIC. It would have eliminated the toughest part which was fitting the piping around the WW fluid neck. At the time I didn't know such a product existed since I haven't really paid much attention to STIs since I sold my 06 prior to purchasing this.

• 2 weeks later...
I pulled the intake and intercooler piping over the weekend. The AC line that runs beside the reservoir tank doesn't quite clear the Killer B piece. So I cut out a section at the top of the WW fluid half. Now to get a piece of 1/8" aluminum welded in place. I had to sand down some of the WW fluid neck on it to allow fitment for IAG billet cap so it was going to get a new coat of powder to match the intercooler piping anyway. Decided on black chrome for piping and tank.

New core is anodized.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/e2ec6c828cbd61bcb1bf5e62b5c8400a.jpg

This car has had bad luck with tires.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/9266ac9de1fc90ee1b37af6bbcbc657c.jpg

Did you end up upgrading your radiator? I can't recall who did and mind posting pics of the reservoir? I tried to hunt through my pics but didn't recall seeing any I've saved.

Do you mean installed pics or just the part in general?

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/overflow-expansion-tanks/kil-dwr2-killer-b-motorsport-dual-washer-coolant-reservoir

Did you end up upgrading your radiator? I can't recall who did and mind posting pics of the reservoir? I tried to hunt through my pics but didn't recall seeing any I've saved.

No still running the OEM radiator. I did not post pics of the unmodified or modified reservoir. I will post pics once everything comes back from powder coating. The half that holds WW fluid had to be recessed back to clear the AC line.

Essentially the dual reservoir is the same size and shape of the OEM coolant overflow tank. So you lose the gigantic WW fluid tank and filler neck. Without the filler neck there is a more direct route for piping.

• 1 month later...

After waiting a month for what was quoted as a one week job and multiple unreturned phone calls, I stopped by the powder coater today. Holy shit did he f*ck up the black chrome. Reservoir tank and one piece of piping were a dark root beer color. Other pieces of piping that he was still working on were a different lighter version of that atrocious color.

Nothing about that color resembled black chrome. So I took all the parts as they were and dropped them off elsewhere to be coated illusion cherry. They quoted it as 2-3 weeks.

Wow, guess he could feel the shame in the poor work he had done without involving you! Otoh the new color sounds awesome!

Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I understand that mistakes happen but a simple phone call keeping me informed is all I need. I wonder how long it would have taken him to get back to me had I not stopped by. Probably about 2 months and they still would have looked like shit!

They started blasting yesterday and I might have everything back before the weekend is over.

Noice!

I just ordered that reservoir as well due to my FMIC piping crushing my WW filler neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it will fit your Outback as is. Not a huge ordeal to modify it for a 5th gen but I was expecting it to fit out of the box.

Hopefully it will fit your Outback as is. Not a huge ordeal to modify it for a 5th gen but I was expecting it to fit out of the box.

Based on the pictures I found and KB's thread on NASIOC I think it should be a decent fit w/o modification, but you never really know till it goes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived