LegacyGT.com

careercadaver's LGT...

The first I'm not certain of. The second block was from the banjo filter starving the turbo...he went through three turbos before it finally gave...the last is yet to be determined.

If that was happening to me I would've sold it to save me the headaches. It's to stressful to have a car be so unreliable.

I'm too invested at this point.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, apparently there was some rust build up on the cylinder walls that we didn't get all of before reassembly. Car sat for about 6mo in a garage that had condensation issues with the concrete. The material we couldn't reach stayed between the mating surface of the ring to cylinder wall and ate the rings...

Considering options again as the block will be torn down here soon...

• Moderators
Wow, that's a bummer man. Not that it matters now, but maybe down the road--I think the answer for storing shortblocks is a bit of ATF. Coat everything in a light film of ATF, turn the crank a bit to coat the rings, etc, and then bag it up.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Gonna run it 1k and do another compression. If all is well it will be getting a solid tune. Still deciding who locally...I have my eyes on two or three.

Any choice on tuner yet?

Thinking Jason Carberry or Corbin Johnson at this point. Still putting it together at this point...my wife and I had a baby Saturday so that has taken precedent. :)

That's awesome news! Congrats. Mine's 16 mos old and the legacy hasn't ran right ever since lol. I'd much rather hang with them then work on the POS.

Good choice on tuners. I'm obviously bias'ed towards Corbin as he tuned my heap before it ate a ringland but I've probably recommended him 20x in the past month.

That error means you have a problem with the ecu! There may be a shorted wire in the harness. Reconnect the big gray harness thats above the turbo on passenger wheel well, and also check the big fuses in engine bay, you may have blown the fuse for your ecu!

I had to pay the stealership 130 dollars to change a f'n fuse when I got the er hc..........

But that er hc means there is an issue with the high speed can bus.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/er-hc-code-43375p2.html

You might find something useful in this thread.

From what I've read it could be as simple as a ground or bent pin on a harness. Gotta love tearing things down for something so simple...

Might have to figure something out with the PCV. The location is severely in the way with the STI style TMIC...I suppose this would be a good a time as any.

Archived