LegacyGT.com

careercadaver's LGT...

Ordered a new underpanel to replace my broken one.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/24/gu3etabe.jpg

...looks like a shark took a bite out of it! Lol

Working on getting the coilovers cleaned up and sourcing some new dust boots for them.

...hoping to do some painting and throw in the new wheel bearings while everything is apart as well.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swapped the rebuilt vf39 today for the vf30. Wrapped my DP and installed a Perrin turbo blanket while everything was apart...

Hoping to press the bearings for my LCA's tomorrow or Sunday.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/a5ude8y4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/mydajydy.jpg

Limited? Probably less limited but there's not a lot of room at the turbo to intercooler hose. I can run any stock location turbo that would fit the earlier imprezas/Sti.

It was an 09'+ block/heat treated crank. I'm not sure hitch had the nitrite off the top of my head.

looks good man, I want a turbo blanket but for some reason just never got one lol. As for the turbo options, with a sti manifold you have more turbo options than you do with the oem black plastic POS they give us.
05 Legacsti with toys, Efi Logics Tuned, Whitey Built

You certainly do as far as vf's are concerned but I'd assume lots of companies have swapped over to fit the new style. I'd imagine they're somewhat, or are on their way to being, equal.

I really love the Perrin. I can drive the car for about 20 minutes and leave my hand on the outside of the blanket for about ten seconds...that, of course, dissipates after the car has been running for awhile but still obviously doing quite a bit as far as engine temps are concerned.

Swapped back to OE STI injectors and rescaled my tune last night. I have a coilpack causing some issues at 5k rpm under wot. Almost felt like fuel cut but after driving it with the OE injectors I'm certain it's my coilpack. Gonna grab one from a buddy tonight and throw it in #4.

Tearing into the suspension tonight too! Pics to come!!

Took some time this last weekend and finished up today with:

Repainted and Plastidipped LCA's

Whiteline ALK

Whiteline RCK

Painted calipers

Painted dust shields

Got a little grind from the brakes...I'll tear it apart again tomorrow. I'm spent.

Changed oil today (went Amsoil Synthetic), installed new underpanel, swapped coilpack.

Still having a misfire issue on #4. Gonna swap a MAF sensor and see if that corrects the issue. :/

Grind was from drivers side caliper pin needing regressed. Car drives completely different after suspension mods...really wanting sways and endlinks now...

It only misfires under wot. I've not been pushing it at all...which is getting old.

A friend is going to send me a MAF sensor he has lying around. Gonna swap that and the rear o2...shouldn't have any codes after that...I'll log it and send it to my tuner over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped MAF and put in a rear o2 (per tuner preference). Still have the issue at 5K. Leaning toward it being tune related at this point. A buddy was supposed to help me log it tonight so we can see what's going on but that didn't happen.

Playing with a spare gill I picked up as well. Plastidipped and used the glossifier to test results before I play with a few other ideas... :)

Codes for MAF and o2 stated off!

Checking the compression tomorrow to be sure that's not my issue...keep your fingers crossed for me. I really can't afford to tear this thing that far back again...

You've come so far! You're gonna be OK, I know it. :)

Keep up the good work, man! I like what I see so far, and I'm not too far behind you. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

At this point it's ran half as long as it's been on stands while in my possession...had it running over the winter and got in a fender bender within two weeks of it being back on the road...

...car may be cursed. Lol it's gone through three engines and four turbos thus far...(not all while in my possession)

...missing my maintenance free WRX at this point...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/10/y4yzudug.jpg

Archived