LegacyGT.com

careercadaver's LGT...

Decided to rebuild the vf39 at least for break in...everything looks good this far.

Fixed a few problem areas and noticed a few more. Reran the evap system and fixed a leak or two. Hoping it's pretty well wrapped up at this point. Going to reaffirm a few grounds and hopefully get this things going yesterday. :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought the car not running with the TMIC and Intake Manifold already in place. I've only driven an stock auto LGT so I'm not entirely sure but I'll let a buddy drive it and give you his impression once it's back together...as I've not driven the car as of yet.

Stopped in the shop today and looked over the progress...looks like they should have it buttoned up some time next week. :)

Turbo was swapped too (vf39) so it looks just like an STI bay. The brackets don't fit as well as I'd like bit about as good as putting the STI manifold on a 2.0L WRX but not as tight to the hood.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/15/ze9azaru.jpg

Still need to do some cleaning up under the hood but here's a quick shot.

Getting an intermittent code for throttle position sensor. The plug that connect to the throttle body had a broken tab an would not click into place and lock on. Engine vibration seems to be enough to jar it loose at the moment. It runs nicely until that plug loosens a bit and then it goes into limp mode.

I need a new HID bulb for the drivers side headlight. No idea what it is yet...gonna take it out tomorrow and attempt to track one down. I also need to replace the drivers side turn signal bulb and make sure it's wired correctly.

I also bought new fogs as mine were burnt by an HID fog kit or something...not really too certain what that's all about until I get in there too.

Hoping to have time to toy with the brakes after the holiday...depends a little on weather but they need to be done before it gets any colder...

Received the plug I needed for the throttle position sensor. Had a buddy help me repin it and I also swapped over a set of fog lights. I'll snap some photos once tomorrow. Overall I am happy with how it's running and am excited to get this through the break in and get a proper tune...I'm ready to boost!! :)

Got the throttle body sensor repined and swapped in an STI throttle body...still need to extend my harness for the MAP sensor but that can wait for the time being.

Got most of the brakes on today...ran out of time an I will finish them up in the morning.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/01/2e3u2a3u.jpg

Also picked up a Grimmspeed ECBS and a Whiteline RCK this weekend. :)

I think I've also decided to sell my vf30 & vf39 if I can find a vf36 TS up pipe and TS manifold.

Got the throttle body sensor repined and swapped in an STI throttle body...still need to extend my harness for the MAP sensor but that can wait for the time being.

Got most of the brakes on today...ran out of time an I will finish them up in the morning.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/01/2e3u2a3u.jpg

Also picked up a Grimmspeed ECBS and a Whiteline RCK this weekend. :)

I think I've also decided to sell my vf30 & vf39 if I can find a vf36 TS up pipe and TS manifold.

So you have to repin the connector on the harness to run the Sti throttle body?

I'm going to be running a Sti intake manifold rotated with the Sti throttle body.

Haven't looked into the swap a lot. But know it's pretty straight forward.

So you have to repin the connector on the harness to run the Sti throttle body?

I'm going to be running a Sti intake manifold rotated with the Sti throttle body.

Haven't looked into the swap a lot. But know it's pretty straight forward.

Sorry for the confusion. You do not have to repin the connector. Mine was broken and would not snap into place. I just decided to swap the TB while I was there, as there was no place for the MAP sensor w/ the STI manifold...I had it tucked underneath the evap lines with a hose run to it but like the idea of it being on top of the STI TB instead.

Archived