LegacyGT.com

careercadaver's LGT...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad crush washer at turbo feed. Couldn't see it because I have a turbo blanket that was covering the leak.

Also, the coolant return line wasn't all the way on...slow drip.

I still have a flashing ACC light and my passenger side "Air Bag OFF" light to figure out. Tried the illumination toggle contacts and that didn't seen to fix my issue. Gonna check the fuses after work tonight for the Radio/Climate control.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a little hesitation so I swapped the bank 1 OCV. I think I'm going to take both of them out an clean them once things cool off a bit. Flushed my power steering pump as well. Wasn't paying attention and picked up PS fluid instead of ATF fluid...after 2.5 quarts flushed through it's still making noise...keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't mess up my pump...

Looking at a set of 08-09 Front headlights, grill and front bumper for a price I can't pass up...might be getting a facelift come spring...figures I'd think this way right after I picked up an RRev front lip an extra grill to play with.

Power steering is still acting funny and I'm smelling a little fluid in the cabin today...might have to try flushing it again...if that doesn't work I'll assume I smoked the pump. :/

Picked up the 08-09 front end. It's going to need some repair but is salvageable. Deciding whether to repair it and sell it or seek out the rest of the remaining parts while I black out the headlights and honeycomb the grill...

Still getting a hesitation under wot. Going to see if I can't get it to throw a code tomorrow. Had one stored...P0011 :/ I figured cleaning my OCV's would help but they may need replaced...that or a cam sensor or coilpack.

Picked up a used PS pump as mine is still acting funny. He also had an e-brake handle for me as my leather one has been falling apart. Grabbed a Perrin shift know locally a well...might have to throw that in tomorrow as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Kinda feeling discouraged with this thing lately...I know, to some degree, it will be a lot more fun once I figure out the bugs and get a proper tune but it seems like one thing after another with this car...I have another hesitation issue, which is likely a sensor...if this does not correct the issue the car may be getting parted out.

Kinda feeling discouraged with this thing lately...I know, to some degree, it will be a lot more fun once I figure out the bugs and get a proper tune but it seems like one thing after another with this car...I have another hesitation issue, which is likely a sensor...if this does not correct the issue the car may be getting parted out.

Dibs on ECU/Wiring harness and 5MT?

Your so close! Don't give in! Did you check the spark plugs and coil packs for the hesitation?

Was it tuned or is this on a base map? Did you do all the annoying stuff like check oil pressure, fuel pressure, alternator voltage and vacuum pressure? What do your fuel trims look like?

New Turbo, new ocv's! How many miles on those ocv's?

I had hesitation under wot, I bought injectors, coil packs, pulled apart intake manifold only to find that it was a stupid spark plug.... which was replaced recently way under 5k, and I thought to myself couldn't be the spark plugs..... yep it was. They tend to shatter and bend when installed incorrectly.....

Still on a base map. I have not really looked at the tune other than to verify it wasn't leaning out...but that was on the other engine.

OCV's were just taken out, cleaned. And reinstalled. It smoothed out the idle quite a bit.

I believe the check engine, this time around, was for a cam sensor this time even though it threw the infamous P0011 we all love soooo much. The misfire occurred on cylinder 2. I'll swap a coilpack I borrowed to see if it changes anything before I start replacing sensors.

Thanks for encouragement and insight. I'll look at the plugs if the misfire doesn't change or maybe swap a coilpack around in case my alternate is faulty. Just ready for this thing to run like it should for the time and money invested.

Too, if I did part out, it would likely be in spring as the wife just totaled her Jeep and we'll likely finance her something newer for the time being.

If the car is throwing a p0011, and the ocvs are NOT brand new meaning they have 40-60k+ on them, then you should replace the ocv!!! Its a 150 dollar part that can completely fubar your turbo/engine!!

The cam sensors have there own code!!

I would inspect the spark plugs or just replace.

I had all your symptoms, the p0011, I cleaned it, but then it popped up and went away, then I said if I take out another turbo I'm going to kick myself in the ass for not just buying a new one. Cleaning does not make it brand new and it does not repair internal damage!

And frankly when you started your build you should have purchased brand new ones anyways! 3k+ investment the 300 for ocv's is peace of mind if nothing else.

I've been there, but your just delaying the inevitable.

And if the ocv's are in fact new, then ...... i don't know!

They are not new but everything moved well so I didn't bother. Also, after cleaning them my idle was significantly smoother. I will heed your warning and buy new this week. It's just getting out of break in an hasn't really seen boost. In fact it's only been over 5k rpm three or four times.

No more issues under wot?

That was before engine rebuild. Now I'm having them less pronounced but it two places along torque curve at 3/4 throttle...haven't really gone wot. Changing the OCV's as soon as they arrive...hoping Wednesday or Thursday and having the shop that rebuilt my block and heads do a compression test before I go any further.

I had hesitation under wot, I bought injectors, coil packs, pulled apart intake manifold only to find that it was a stupid spark plug.... which was replaced recently way under 5k, and I thought to myself couldn't be the spark plugs..... yep it was. They tend to shatter and bend when installed incorrectly.....

I thought the same thing, went through all that trouble and it turned out the ceramic on spark plug had shattered... so go figure. I would inspect the spark plug or try replacing it first.

I would swap coil packs, then check spark plugs, then get injectors cleaned. In that order, hopefully you don't get to the injector cleaning. I think its like 125 a set to get cleaned, depending on what they are.

Archived