LegacyGT.com

careercadaver's LGT...

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too!! Appreciate the encouragement!!

Got the car timed today! Found a few things I still need to pick up that I overlooked...hopefully we'll have her back together and ready for a tune by the weekend! :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/20/ba8e6eqe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/20/tave7eze.jpg

Looking great man! I think your patience is paying off.

Thanks!! Kinda wishing I'd done some more powdercoating at this stage but maybe Ill get bored an tear it back one day...

You should get a light weight Crank Pulley

I had considered the Perrin LWCP but decided agains it as I have a LWFW and the combination is known to cause some nasty vibrations...

Thank you! I actually wasn't thrilled that they sent me the blue racing belt...I was thinking the same way. I've heard that the blue coating can build up and cause it to jump timing. I'm sure this is not a common problem but ill be randomly checking my belt or sure...

Definitely could have been the case. And I too have heard good things. Thanks for the input and reassurance!! :)

Hoping to have the engine in tonight!! From there it will be just plugging everything back in...still going to need a tune but I should be able to start it with what I have...

Still other corners to clean up and figure out afterwards. Gauges were only partially installed...some of the lights and blinkers don't work...fogs have a burnt look too the glass (I assume PO was running the wrong bulbs), brakes...etc. But it's coming along!!

Yea if I were you I would get rid of that VF40 in a heart beat as it is a weak Turbo. If your staying with the same manifold there are less Turbo options than there are with the Sti manifold that is the biggest gain right there to me @ least. I mself run the Sti manifold and decided to go with the MAP EF2 Turbo.

Looks good. I'd love to do the sti intake manifold the red would look good as my car is red but I'm still running the vf40 so it won't work for me.

I like the look too. Not certain if there are any real gains with it though...I'm amazed Subaru made it so the newer vf's won't work with the STI manifold... seems a bit uncharacteristic of the Legos we've come to love. :)
05 Legacsti with toys, Efi Logics Tuned, Whitey Built

Would love to ditch the vf40 but with two small children I can't dump in all my money into the car. Came real close to picking up a bnr 20g but decided to hold off for the moment. I also have a process west intercooler which would also require the sti adapter piece as well to run the sti style turbos.

Decided to delete the evap system under the hood. The charcoal canister will have to be after break-in...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/05/umupu2u4.jpg

Didn't realize how badly chewed my turbo to intercooler hose was...ordering a new one today...also the vf30 is quite a bit shorter than the vf39...hoping I can source a hose to make up the difference,

Archived