LegacyGT.com

The Cheap Coilover Thread, Pros & Cons...

WaspGT

More off topic shenanigans...

G lives!!!!

Hope Texas is still treating you kindly.

To Mike at AZP, I just heard the AST/Mann info on Monday. It could just be rumor, but I do have new dealer papers sitting on my desk to sign and was told it was due to the change.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to get the shock dyno, heck maybe it will prove myself wrong, in which case I'll offer free install and corner balancing to WaspGT on his first set of el-cheapo coils that test out well on the dyno. :)

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

You're a helluva drive Mike, but we'll see. 😉

NH->NJ isn't THAT far! Ok I'll throw in dinner too! Take your wife/gf/bf/etc on a trip to NYC for the weekend. Haaaa.

Not that I'll have to actually pay out anyway!

-Mike Paisan

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

Lol@ bf.

Hey, I'm not judgmental, "Live Free or Die" I believe is the NH state motto? (I spent many summers as a kid at camp in NH and 1 year of college at UNH).

-Mike Paisan

• 4 weeks later...
That's horse shit, business is business and no real business man would screw himself out of a sale. Plus, the guys quite obviously Korean maybe he wants to ride on top of the Chinese hardware, as opposed to German components.

You love BC, Sprank. You also sell them. :)

I do not sell BC. I do sell ISC and Tein as I have found the need to have an offering for customers in the price range. It has been demanded, and I have complied. I admit to losing plenty of sales because I do speak my mind prior to taking someones payment. Its not a great business model if you want to actually make money.

• I Donated
I admit to losing plenty of sales because I do speak my mind prior to taking someones payment. Its not a great business model if you want to actually make money.

But the customers you do get end up being more loyal because they trust you. There's a flip side to everything...

That's not what this thread is about, Boxman; although I respect your statement. I resurrected This thread for fun, but my point is very real. It's about choices. Some people want low for less. Not everyone tracks their cars. The hype on certain brand names on this site is absolutely mind blowing. Oh snap, you don't want to purchase what we say is the best... We'll just troll/bully you to show you how wrong you are and how right we are. I have a ton of respect for quite a few people on here, including INFAMOUS. He knows I'm kidding for the most part.

I have nothing against breaking chops when all in good fun. Everyone needs to have a "little fun" now and then.

I give my opinion/recommendations freely. So, take it for what its worth. I know that not everyone wants/likes the same things I do. So, I try to accommodate as I am in business to support my family.

Now, since we are speaking of cheap coils, I wonder if these can be modified to fit the LGT? Because I doubt you will find a cheaper coil (under $50 for a pair, Lol).

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Volkswagen/Beetle/EMPI/Shock_Absorber_and_Strut_Assembly/1952/EMP0095708.html?source=productads&c_aid=43266777026&c2cid=b0566526-eecc-431d-906e-be0ddab3ab28

Now, since we are speaking of cheap coils, I wonder if these can be modified to fit the LGT? Because I doubt you will find a cheaper coil (under $50 for a pair, Lol).

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Volkswagen/Beetle/EMPI/Shock_Absorber_and_Strut_Assembly/1952/EMP0095708.html?source=productads&c_aid=43266777026&c2cid=b0566526-eecc-431d-906e-be0ddab3ab28

You'll have to put at least 2 of those on each corner of the car. :lol:

My wife's balls are delicious.

That's not what this thread is about, Boxman; although I respect your statement. I resurrected This thread for fun, but my point is very real. It's about choices. Some people want low for less. Not everyone tracks their cars. The hype on certain brand names on this site is absolutely mind blowing. Oh snap, you don't want to purchase what we say is the best... We'll just troll/bully you to show you how wrong you are and how right we are. I have a ton of respect for quite a few people on here, including INFAMOUS. He knows I'm kidding for the most part.

Understood, however there are so many people on this forum who make purchase choices based off of fashion rather than function that it's hard to ID the folks who are serious about bettering the function of their car vs. those who have to have the "look".

Coils are a great example of this, if you're not looking for a tangible performance gain then why even bother with coils?

I'll also agree that there is a lot of blind brand loyalty that comes into play here as well, I largely ascribe that to folks not having the experience or ability to make objective selections and therefor default to "Grimmspeed is great, all of their products are great and they will always be best for my need." etc. That's where folks like m sprank come into play, they help provide that experience based information that can help one make more informed choices. Fortunately Mike puts customer satisfaction ahead of customer transaction and will work with you to make the right selection for your use case whether that be fashion or function.

Archived