LegacyGT.com

The Cheap Coilover Thread, Pros & Cons...

WaspGT

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait to get our Damper Dyno. WaspGT will have a field day with that!

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

When I was still trying to make my BC Racing c/o act like 3-way high end c/o; my suspension guru wanted to send them out for dyno testing. After getting a quote for $500 for the process, I opted to run laps and redo the corner balance until the car handled better. By the time I was done, I'd spent close to $3,000 on custom suspension tuning to make $1000 c/o perform as well as possible. When I upgraded to a race car with KW c/o & 1/3 the power, I discovered quality components equals similar lap times for a much lower spend.

When I drove the wagon after driving the race car, I cried. Even though the wagon had 3x power to the race car, their lap times were less than 1/2 second apart. Factoring in a cage, seat, harness would have helped a few seconds maybe. However, the racecar still handled the corners much better than the wagon.

Would be curious to see how far out of compliance the BC are now.

• Moderators
Like you're the first person to drop a sammich is hurr? Scroll back a few pages B. ;)

Sorry, I just figured I'd post something useful--seems like it's been a while...:p

Bacon sammich = perpetually useful

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
What is this WC that you speak of? I honestly have no idea what you're rambling on about... But if there ever was such a place, you sound a little butthurt about getting booted dafuq out. ;) On a side note, now you're just starting to sound like a dink... But I guess you're pretty used to the sound of those things slapping around when you're obviously the original pivot man in this game of "circle jerk" you're describing. Come back and see us all real soon, we miss you every Friday. ❤️

What happens on Fridays? :confused:

Not butthurt at all about being booted out of the WC. As I said, it was basically a bunch of postwhores saying stupid stuff. Occasionally there was something worth reading, but you had to sort through so much junk to get there that it wasn't worth the trouble.

I assume you meant "dick," not "dink." If so, why do you say I'm just starting to sound like one now? I thought my dickishness was fairly well established on this forum. :lol:

BTW, I had to look up "pivot man" on Urban Dictionary. Well played. ;)

Final thought: :wub: bacon.

I'm glad that you're still a good sport. This thread is for fun, but I've also managed to collect some extremely valuable information in it as well. I think that anyone just coming aboard the forum looking for answers will actually enjoy reviewing this thread because it has the answers they'll be looking for, but it's also fun to read. Never a dull moment. Carry on men!

This thread does have some easter egg useful posts. The useful post % though is low. But hide and seek is fun.

:)

-mike

any thread with waspy in it, has a high noise to knowledge quotient. However, they are always entertaining. Sometimes you need alot of cheap beer to really get the entertainment value, nevertheless...

any thread with waspy in it, has a high noise to knowledge quotient. However, they are always entertaining. Sometimes you need alot of cheap beer to really get the entertainment value, nevertheless...

God Bless you, ya mangy prick. :wub:

Archived