LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

I have a 14month old daughter and another girl due on april 25th. My wife and I think we'll stop at two. Not sure we could afford a 3rd, but I would ideally love 3 kids. Its just so damn expensive that I think we'll have to hold it at 2.

Gotta look into that vasectomy now before the 2nd one is here.

Sheez, give the lady a rest between kids! My parents did the same sorta thing. My mom was pregnant for 3 straight years with my oldest sister born 10/13, then next yr the other was born 12/7, and I was born a year later on 12/10. Crazy!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 3 girls; my 9 year old daughter, and two step daughters who are 6 and 4. The fiancee and I will likely try for one together in a few years, but until then I remain horribly outnumbered :spin:

I don't see how that will change. At best, you'll still be outnumbered 2-1.

I hope I don't regret this. Here is my 17 YO beauty. Makes me proud every day.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/09/a3ajudys.jpg

It's not the forum members you have to worry about. It's your daughter finding out you posted a pic of her here. If she finds out, you are DOOMED! :lol:

Also, nice artwork. Watercolor or pastels?

Edited by KartRacerBoy

I have 3 young kids, so life is pretty crazy at Chateau Gire.

8 year old daughter, 6 year old daughter, 15 month old son.

The daughters are in karate, baseball, skiing, dancing, French immersion at school, etc etc.

My snip surgery will be scheduled for the Spring, or whenever I sack up and get around to it.

No pun intended.

I have 3 young kids, so life is pretty crazy at Chateau Gire.

8 year old daughter, 6 year old daughter, 15 month old son.

The daughters are in karate, baseball, skiing, dancing, French immersion at school, etc etc.

My snip surgery will be scheduled for the Spring, or whenever I sack up and get around to it.

No pun intended.

I first read you "snip surgery" comment to be "hip surgery" and I was thinkin', man, you're pretty young. Your kids must run you ragged. :lol:

And pics, Gire. Heard tell Canadians look different than 'Muricans. Prove me wrong!

And pics not necessary for the "snip."

My wife and I have a policy where we don't post kid pics online. She doesnt' do it on her Facebook, I don't do it on well, this forum. It's all I use.

I was going to Youtube my vasectomy and share it with you all, but now that I think about it, I should keep that private too.

I do have a sweet video of my oldest doing her Kata training for her belt upgrade next Saturday that brings a tear to my eye, but you will just have to imagine it. Or my kids doing an almost uninterupted Peak to Creek Whistler run that is about 11kms(?) long (one of the longest in N. America) but I can't post it.

i'm tough on them but they make me super proud on a daily basis.

It's not the forum members you have to worry about. It's your daughter finding out you posted a pic of her here. If she finds out, you are DOOMED! :lol:

Also, nice artwork. Watercolor or pastels?

Lol, you are right. Her piece is the lower one... Digital photography. It's an image of her fathers shadow reflected on a wet concrete surface with his shoes at the end. She calls it 'Gone'. Really beautiful and touching. (He's not gone BTW!)

Heard tell Canadians look different than 'Muricans. Prove me wrong!

Mines Canadian, though we are both US citizens now. I don't think we look any different :). And Gire, you are probably smarter than the rest of us for not posting pix!

• I Donated Too

Here's my three... (nearly) 10, (nearly) 7 and (just turned) 5.

this is their 2012 Christmas card picture - they went to London last year which is why that nonsense is all in the background. Their input into the design...

Pictures are all over the internet/facebook/girl scouts/softball websites anyway - I think this perceived fear over posting pics online is just a modern hype, people see your kids in public all the time which is a far more dangerous place to be.

kids.jpg.4995676850c156a1bc6ba425f30d391f.jpg

I've got two daughters, 16 & 11. We are so proud of them. Honors students, enjoy sports, and musicians... Our goal as parents was to help them be confident strong loving kids(ie better then us). I got snipped soon after our second daughter was born.

All the sports & music costs get expensive but keeps them from getting into big trouble. A neighbor was told me years ago...kids will cost you...you either pay to keep them in activities or you pay for their rehab. ;-)

My 16 yr old daughter helped me change the oil in our 98 4Runner yesterday. She was able to notice the difference in having fresh oil in the engine with 225,000 miles. :-)

Cheers,

Mike