The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We got lucky, both of our daughters slept through the night for the most part from 3-4 weeks on. Rowan which is our second is now 11 months old and has begun waking up 2-3 times a night to eat which isn't like her. She is probably going through a growing stage. She did sleep all the way through last night. Their mother is a stay at home mom so I never had to worry about waking up with the baby.

Its good to have a six month old that sleeps 9 hours. She took to sleep training and that was pretty much that. Being consistent is everything in her case. Everyone is different. I put her down in her room by herself when its nap time and she STOPS crying and goes to sleep. :lol:

And you guys are old. Almost dead. Better have life insurance since you are gonna be gone soon. <eyeroll>

Dont have kids if you are 50+ and can avoid it. 30s is not old.

Ohh I rikey this thread.

I'm a father of a beautiful and health 21 month old daughter :) Her mom and I still live together but have no plans to get married or work things out... been there tried that.

I'm dreading the day I decide to move out... and then the day I move out. Will be hard not to see my daughter every day.

Ohh I rikey this thread.

I'm a father of a beautiful and health 21 month old daughter :) Her mom and I still live together but have no plans to get married or work things out... been there tried that.

I'm dreading the day I decide to move out... and then the day I move out. Will be hard not to see my daughter every day.

hope I never have to make a decision like that

So you guys are going to have joint custody or whats your plan? Certainly doesn't sound like a fun situation!

She'll have primary physical custody and we will arrange specifics for me seeing her. I'm working to keep the relationship between mom positive and neutral. Not trying to stir any pots until we have legal documents in place.

Both her mom and I agree that we don't have the money to run through the court system or have lawyers heavily involved.

We will be defining our agreements/responsibilities in detail and have it notarized and I believe we both will still have to file these with the court and have a judge approve the documents to make it legally binding.

Edited by PeterJMC

Hah! I have many layers, Mike. Like an onion.

cakes have layers. and they taste better.

The 14 year old has her eye set on a '05 Boxster. Her logic is that it's only a two seater so she wouldn't have a bunch of kids in the car to distract her driving. I'm sold, Mom's gonna take some work.

i got fairly lucky in that respect. i have 3 teens, the oldest is the most expensive so far. she wants me to sell her civic and help her buy something else, she thinks a 5k limit is good. ya right. the middle girl wants a mid-70s cadillac, the youngest boy wants to get a beat up old car or truck and build it.

We will be defining our agreements/responsibilities in detail and have it notarized and I believe we both will still have to file these with the court and have a judge approve the documents to make it legally binding.

yes, you can do that. but you will still likely have to file the standard paperwork with notoes to the fact that there are conditional addendums. involved. thats what we did, and boy did it save us (me) a ton in court fees and such by getting the stuff worked out ahead of time so she wouldnt contest anything.

• Moderators

Wife tried to get a clear picture of him but he wiggles around too much, lol.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/1_zpsfae8fb32.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/2_zps6e7ace53.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/3_zps0f3b878f.jpg

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/4_zpsd65b95fd.jpg

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

very valid point. Can't even believe I'm considering getting a car at all. :wub: Must be love. Must be a push over.

My nephew got a new car on his 16th bday, but he was a competitive swimmer and was at the pool by 5 am. His parents decided sleep was more precious than money. They got him a new car becz they wanted something to last through college. He's swimming at Louisville now and only pays $5000/yr for tution as an out of state student. I think the parents got their money back.

Me? I think it's a right of passage that a kid should drive something at least 10 yrs old for their first car, especially as cars last a lot longer today than they did when I was 16 (back in the 70s). I knew too many privileged brats in high school, and I think the fact that they were given something as expensive as a car without having to earn it did nothing good for them. I can see the exception such as my nephew (but I still would've just bought him a newer used car) where the kid doesn't have the time to work for money, but it is an exception.

She'll have primary physical custody and we will arrange specifics for me seeing her. I'm working to keep the relationship between mom positive and neutral. Not trying to stir any pots until we have legal documents in place.

Both her mom and I agree that we don't have the money to run through the court system or have lawyers heavily involved.

File a paternity action together. If you agree on everything, you can use a single lawyer and split the cost. Nothing is binding if a court action isn't filed.

My nephew got a new car on his 16th bday, but he was a competitive swimmer and was at the pool by 5 am. His parents decided sleep was more precious than money. They got him a new car becz they wanted something to last through college. He's swimming at Louisville now and only pays $5000/yr for tution as an out of state student. I think the parents got their money back.

Me? I think it's a right of passage that a kid should drive something at least 10 yrs old for their first car, especially as cars last a lot longer today than they did when I was 16 (back in the 70s). I knew too many privileged brats in high school, and I think the fact that they were given something as expensive as a car without having to earn it did nothing good for them. I can see the exception such as my nephew (but I still would've just bought him a newer used car) where the kid doesn't have the time to work for money, but it is an exception.

I agree completely. Her first car was the '99 CRV with 200K miles. We're considering a used Impreza, though it's a little hard to find a non-WRX with a manual tranny. Still looking!

I totally agree. My first car was 10 yrs old and it took me a month under the hood to get it running and reliable. Learned a lot about cars and didn't take that car for granted.

Now my son is 16 and will be driving my Subie ... I'm a nervous wreck (love that car). He's a great kid and very responsible ... but he's 16 ...

I totally agree. My first car was 10 yrs old and it took me a month under the hood to get it running and reliable. Learned a lot about cars and didn't take that car for granted.

Now my son is 16 and will be driving my Subie ... I'm a nervous wreck (love that car). He's a great kid and very responsible ... but he's 16 ...

my oldest is 18 and she drove the 98 civic as her first car. blew the engine, now shes driving my 95 legacy wagon. already crapped out 2 wheels on it, and it smells like someone murdered an air freshener salesman inside it. and theres flowers sticking in the air vents.

damn kids.

my first car was a 73 dodge coronet. i built that sucker, loved it. i never got to legally drive it tho, the guy i got it from went to prison before i could get the title. so, my first official car was a 70 maverick my dad gave to me and my brother to share. nightmare. loved that car too, worked on it all the time to make sure it was well kept. my bro is not of like mind, he cant fix a stare. i couldnt fix it as fast as he broke it, so i ended up buying my own car and letting him trash that one. this was back in the mid 80s.

Edited by twisty

I have a 14month old daughter and another girl due on april 25th. My wife and I think we'll stop at two. Not sure we could afford a 3rd, but I would ideally love 3 kids. Its just so damn expensive that I think we'll have to hold it at 2.

Gotta look into that vasectomy now before the 2nd one is here.