laff79

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

I drive with my seat pretty upright (most drivers in general drive WAY too reclined for ideal egronomics) and am 6' with a 33" inseam. I suspect has a lot more to do with reclining drivers than it does with height.

Yup. I used to drive a bit more reclined and the car seat has made me put the seat up a bit more. After getting used to it I actually feel better in the seat.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Yup. I used to drive a bit more reclined and the car seat has made me put the seat up a bit more. After getting used to it I actually feel better in the seat.

I used to drive more reclined, but the car itself has changed that. I feel more in control when I'm sitting upright, and the ergonomics are definitely better. As far as the baby seat goes, I just put it behind the passenger so I can actually see her. Sometimes I even drive with my rearview turned 45deg so I can see behind the car, and keep an eye on her.

• Moderators
I used to drive more reclined, but the car itself has changed that. I feel more in control when I'm sitting upright, and the ergonomics are definitely better. As far as the baby seat goes, I just put it behind the passenger so I can actually see her. Sometimes I even drive with my rearview turned 45deg so I can see behind the car, and keep an eye on her.

I have a mirror on the rear headrest. I can see the kiddo behind my seat. Very distracting, lol.

I do this too. Also makes for loading and unloading the baby a lot easier :)

• Moderators

Clearly getting a larger vehicle its the only thing that makes sense because big brother can't possibly sit behind you? :confused:

I'm 6'3", big brother is 6 but is as tall as an 8 y/o. He can't sit behind me.

I'm talking about a rear facing seat for a larger child, not an infant carrier. And if you used the latch system while the base was in the middle you didn't read the instructions.

Actually this is untrue, almost all literature I have read states the most safe place for the seat bottoms is the middle seat in the back seat.

"The safest place for all children younger than 13 years to ride is the back seat. If possible, it may be best to ride in the middle of the back seat." From

Car Seats: Information for Families for 2013

It does go on to say that some vehicles latch systems make it difficult to use the middle seat. The middle works great in my truck.

• Moderators
I'm assuming he was referring to putting a seat in the middle of a Subaru back seat. I believe that Subaru literature specifically states that the latch system is not to be used with a middle seat. Some reasons why have been discussed in detail in the past if you search the threads.

I'm assuming he was referring to putting a seat in the middle of a Subaru back seat. I believe that Subaru literature specifically states that the latch system is not to be used with a middle seat. Some reasons why have been discussed in detail in the past if you search the threads.

Gotcha

I'm 6'3", big brother is 6 but is as tall as an 8 y/o. He can't sit behind me.

Not to turn this into a 4th gen vs 5th gen debate, but my 2012 has loads of room for rear-facing seats in the back. Since we were car shopping while my wife was pregnant, a spacious back seat was a requirement.

The car seat for the little one is on the passenger side so I can see her (we have a mirror on the rear passenger headrest too). Even with the front seat slightly reclined, there's ample legroom for anyone sitting there. Make fun of the exterior dimensions if you want, but it helps result in a comfortable sedan for the entire family that just happens to have AWD and a turbo.

• I Donated Too
No 4th/5th gen debate here--we all know the 5th gens are absolute pigs with tons of rear seat room :lol:

Indeed. And your beard is a testament to rugged handsomeness.