LegacyGT.com

The Parenthood Thread

laff79

• I Donated Too

Lots of Dads (and a few Moms) on here, so to spare the non-procreating members of the forum from our incessant drivel about everyday parental challenges and what not, I figured I'd start this one.

Post about anything marriage/kids related. Funny stories, tips, tricks, etc. Post pics if you want (no bashing of kid pics though, not cool).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

funny one. went to a friends house in Pa few years back. my son, daughter and their daughter decided to sleep in their pop up camper they had in their back yard. it was an older one; still in good shape.

my son and i slept on one side and my daughter and her friend slept on the other.

Middle of the night I wake up to hear the door to the camper opening. it's my son. He says: "Dad......I just woke up on the ground outside the camper" Me: "what were you doing out there?" thinking to myself..how did he get over me without me waking up.(he slept on the inside closest to the edge).

later that morning after we were all awake we inspected the camper. turns out the some of the buttons that buttoned the canvas top to the camper frame were broken. He rolled right out of the camper onto the ground. :lol:

we still laugh about it to this day.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• I Donated Too
ok must unsubscribe now

good. GTFO

Anyone else notice that when you're alone with 2 kids, they both decide to start bugging out...for no reason...at the same time...usually very shortly after the wife leaves?

http://istopfor.com/content/products/large/1171%20CAUTION%20HORMANAL%20TEENAGERS.jpg

No Joke! Two girls 14 & 10.

The teen comes downstairs I say "Good morning, sweetie."

She says "What do you mean 'Good morning'? Are you picking on me?"

To my wife I say "What did I do?"

Wife says "Just let it go."

(at JJBerk) Is it your daughter? Under 18? She has no choice. Get her what you want. She's your property.

very valid point. Can't even believe I'm considering getting a car at all. :wub: Must be love. Must be a push over.

• I Donated Too
My 18 month old daughter calls me daddy and my wife daddy. She only calls my wife mommy when i yell at her for something. It drives my wife nuts.

Its obviously something she will grow out of so I think its hilarious.

My daughter did that initially. She'll grow out of it.

http://istopfor.com/content/products/large/1171%20CAUTION%20HORMANAL%20TEENAGERS.jpg

No Joke! Two girls 14 & 10.

The teen comes downstairs I say "Good morning, sweetie."

She says "What do you mean 'Good morning'? Are you picking on me?"

To my wife I say "What did I do?"

Wife says "Just let it go."

I dont look forward to that kind of discourse with my daughter. I had three sisters so I know all the drama that awaits.

My 18 month old daughter calls me daddy and my wife daddy. She only calls my wife mommy when i yell at her for something. It drives my wife nuts.

Its obviously something she will grow out of so I think its hilarious.

My daughter is 14months, and she does the same thing. She only calls her momma when she needs something/falls down/is hungry. It's fun to ask her to say momma and get a "daddy" :lol:

• Moderators

My son is almost 13 months. Not talking, but he is doing the sign language thing pretty well--words like more, water, milk, finished, and the latest is please.

Anyway, picked him up at day care on monday earlier this week and asked him if he wanted to go see mommy (was picking her up from the train on the way home) and he started signing for "please" over and over again--pretty heart melting, she appreciated that one :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Ah, baby sign language. Totally useless and usually lost skill after the first couple years, but MAN what a difference in frustration level for everyone involved.

My favorite was when my son was signing for more at a restaurant and there was a deaf couple a few tables over (or at least they chose to sign instead of speak). The guy saw my kid sign and his whole face lit up. It was subtle, but awesome.

For those with babies not making it through the night yet, taking shifts and sleeping in the baby's room so the person who was "off duty" could actually hit REM probably saved my marriage. Just throwing that out there.

very valid point. Can't even believe I'm considering getting a car at all. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/images/smilies/wub.gif Must be love. Must be a push over.

The 14 year old has her eye set on a '05 Boxster. Her logic is that it's only a two seater so she wouldn't have a bunch of kids in the car to distract her driving. I'm sold, Mom's gonna take some work.

For those with babies not making it through the night yet, taking shifts and sleeping in the baby's room so the person who was "off duty" could actually hit REM probably saved my marriage. Just throwing that out there.

This times a million. We didn't sleep in the babies room but when we both woke up, the "on duty" parent would bring the baby in the other room to feed/change/etc. and allow the "off duty" parent to go back to sleep.

Separate rooms worked really well so there was no sleep interruption at all. It makes a huge difference when you've only got a handful of hours to work with at a time. Hitting a few full REM cycles on a nightly basis was life changing.

Edit: Obviously that assumes you're at the point of being comfortable with the baby sleeping in their own room.

Edited by SurlyOldManMN

• I Donated Too
This times a million. We didn't sleep in the babies room but when we both woke up, the "on duty" parent would bring the baby in the other room to feed/change/etc. and allow the "off duty" parent to go back to sleep.

yup

I'm a step dad to a 5.5 year old and my wife is pregnant now with my first biological child. She is due Sept. 2nd. Pretty excited and nervous at the same time but mostly excited. Life is certainly going to change for me.

Separate rooms worked really well so there was no sleep interruption at all. It makes a huge difference when you've only got a handful of hours to work with at a time. Hitting a few full REM cycles on a nightly basis was life changing.

Edit: Obviously that assumes you're at the point of being comfortable with the baby sleeping in their own room.

We didn't even make it one week with the baby in our room. She was unbelievably noisy. At least she earned a nickname: squeakers

We are trying to have another, but the longer it takes, the more I start having second thoughts. I'm getting old :lol: