LegacyGT.com

Hyundai 2.0T Sonata

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't have a rational conversation about performance with someone who honestly believes this. I've driven dual-clutch. Now THAT compares or beats MT.

The Sonata? GTFO.

I didn't say it compares to a manual, I said it is decent for an auto.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47ozA2HwrM]0-100 Sonata SE 2.0T - YouTube[/ame]

• I Donated
"very" was written, "fairly" was meant. My bad, I just read back through it. Either way, I don't see your OBXT standing a chance. Your legacy on the other hand....lol

Here are stock vs. stock numbers for a Legacy GT 5MT (The Spec.B in 2006 had an identical powertrain to every other 5MT LGT) and a Sonata 2.0T:

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0T 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter Mile 14.5

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Spec B 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.8

http://www.zeroto60times.com

The Outback XT is about 200-300 lbs heavier, but I don't see how that would slow down the Outback even enough to be as slow as the Sonata 2.0T stock-for-stock, let alone slower Stage 1 vs. stock.

Here are stock vs. stock numbers for a Legacy GT 5MT (The Spec.B in 2006 had an identical powertrain to every other 5MT LGT) and a Sonata 2.0T:

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0T 0-60 mph 6.1 Quarter Mile 14.5

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Spec B 0-60 mph 5.2 Quarter mile 13.8

http://www.zeroto60times.com

The Outback XT is about 200-300 lbs heavier, but I don't see how that would slow down the Outback even enough to be as slow as the Sonata 2.0T stock-for-stock, let alone slower Stage 1 vs. stock.

Yupp, last time I checked the Spec B comes standard bilstien racing suspension. The OBXT has tall offroad suspension. That has a huge effect on 0-60 time.

There's a guy at my work who just bought his wife one of these and he asks me leading questions about how fast my LGT is, and what year it is, and what options it has. He asks over and over too, same questions.

I never bite on any of it, but ffs its annoying. He desperately wants to have this same conversation with me.

• I Donated
Yupp, last time I checked the Spec B comes standard bilstien racing suspension. The OBXT has tall offroad suspension. That has a huge effect on 0-60 time.

The 06 Spec.B has a 5MT. And despite what The Fast and the Furious says, suspension doesn't do shit for for straight line performance except on seriously fast cars. :rolleyes: The weight is the only real difference.

The 06 Spec.B has a 5MT. And despite what The Fast and the Furious says, suspension doesn't do shit for for straight line performance except on seriously fast cars. :rolleyes: The weight is the only real difference.

Guess it doesn't help with braking either does it?:rolleyes:

• I Donated
Guess it doesn't help with braking either does it?:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure we were talking about acceleration, not braking... :confused:

But, since you brought up braking, tires and brake parts (in that order) affect braking waaaay more than suspension.

The OBXT cannot unload its front wheels straightline, not on sticky tires, not on all seasons, not in a storm, not on a sow, it will not now, you drive a cow. :lol:

Not only does suspension not have a huge effect on any slow (above 4.9 second) cars 0-60 straightline, it only has a little more effect on their braking ultimately. Do you think that think body roll has a lot to do with traction too?

Archived