LegacyGT.com

Hyundai 2.0T Sonata

I think this thread is useless.

It has already been established that Legacy GT is superior to all cars, all makes and models.

and Spec B is superior to all cars, planes and trains ever made.

Whenever Penguin has trouble with one of his locamotives he just drives his car up onto the tracks and pulls the train. I understand they reimburse him for mileage.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Not even close, lol.

I can get power oversteer pretty easily. I'm sure it would push in tight corners, though.

Whenever Penguin has trouble with one of his locamotives he just drives his car up onto the tracks and pulls the train. I understand they reimburse him for mileage.

He has a Tundra now... :hide:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qz5wQzkJj4]Subaru Legacy pulling stuck Ford truck out of the mud! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmQ6U8m5rI]Subaru Legacy driving through in deep snow in field - YouTube[/ame]

Subaru's are capable of handling many different types of jobs lol! Subarus get er done!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrbYMQ2kshs]Hyundai Stuck In Snow - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAIrozPj30s]Hyundai Sonata FX Stuck Gas Pedal - YouTube[/ame]

Hyundai on the other hand.... not so much

Must have the wrong guy. Could have sworn Rich (RIP) used to ridicule you for your Star Wars collection.

Think I've seen a Star Wars movie (or two), but that's about it. Believe that was HansGT.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Subaru's LGT 5MT AWD torque bias isn't always 50/50. It starts at 50/50, and it parses power through the VLSDCD as necessary to the axle with the grip.

Sonata is open diff FWD - huge difference which is why the video above shows the Hyundai spinning one wheel and unable to get onto the dry highway with only one wheel spinning. And I'm wondering whether any Hyundai could do this, in either FWD or AWD mode

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

and the two most irrelevant posts in the thread go to.... TEHNATION! CONGRATS!

google "subaru stuck in snow" and see what you come up with

More Subaru's drive in the snow, obviously more are going to get stuck! Sometimes Subaru's forget they aren't trucks, and shit happens.

Not so irrelevant imo, are you saying the Subaru does worse than most cars in off-road/snow/rain conditions? My job requires that I be mobile in most situations, which is why a lot of people like them. Just saying the AWD is a major bonus for a lot of people dealing with snow who dont want an suv or truck.

When Hyundai starts producing some WRC winners or something other than reinventing the wheel i'll be impressed.

More Subaru's drive in the snow, obviously more are going to get stuck! Sometimes Subaru's forget they aren't trucks, and shit happens.

Not so irrelevant imo, are you saying the Subaru does worse than most cars in off-road/snow/rain conditions? My job requires that I be mobile in most situations, which is why a lot of people like them. Just saying the AWD is a major bonus for a lot of people dealing with snow who dont want an suv or truck.

When Hyundai starts producing some WRC winners or something other than reinventing the wheel i'll be impressed.

Where is this market research that more Subarus are driven in snow more than other vehicles? Do you know that Subaru's US market share is approximately 3.5%? I'd have a hard time believing that more Subarus are driven in the snow than any other make sold in the US.

When did I say Subarus do any worse in bad conditions than other cars? What I said was any car can get stuck on the snow, whether it has symmetrical awd or not.

Do you know that Subaru has only won 6 Championships in the WRC (3 Manufacturer's and 3 Driver's) in approximately 30 years? Do you know that Ford has nearly double the number of individual WRC rally wins?

Do you know who is entering the WRC this year? Hyundai.

Do you know who isn't? Subaru. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I just blew the VF40 on my LGT... They gave me a 2013 Sonata 2.0t as a loaner until my LGT is done on Friday and it is a dog.. I honestly figured (before research) maybe 180-200 BHP.. Its 274. I drove my LGT the day before I got this loaner and trust me.. there is no comparison whatsoever. I do like the key less start, F1 style paddle shifters and blue tooth however! All of which I can live without.. I like to drive.. Sonata is not a drivers car at all.

Bluetooth suddenly becomes very important when you drive a manual. Its the one thing i wish my Legacy had. That's a lie actually, I wish it had a lot of things, but its up there.

Archived