LegacyGT.com

Hyundai 2.0T Sonata

Lets face it guys, the Sonata has more power, better fuel economy, more room, more comfort, more features, more technology, better resale, better warranty and is blatantly quicker than any automatic Subaru ever manufactured. Enjoy the 5EATs! :lol:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Lets face it guys, the Sonata has more power, better fuel economy, more room, more comfort, more features, more technology, better resale, better warranty and is blatantly quicker than any automatic Subaru ever manufactured. Enjoy the 5EATs! :lol:

I have a 6MT, thank you very much. And my previous LGT was a 5MT. ;) If the Sonata was available with a manual, maybe then we could talk. Maybe.

Sonata is built in Alabama ;)

So you are telling me that Hyundai is not only sacrificing North Koreans to build Sonata parts but they are human trafficing across an ocean? Or do they process the babies and ship the parts in? Just assembled in AL right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • I Donated
Just drove a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5EAT with 47,000miles back to back with my 2013 Sonata Limited 2.0T. Even from a dig the GT wouldn't stand a chance.

I wouldn't own a 5EAT either. Come back when they offer the Sonata with a manual transmission. :lol:

Just drove a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT 5EAT with 47,000miles back to back with my 2013 Sonata Limited 2.0T. Even from a dig the GT wouldn't stand a chance.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QM7HqeCpBT4/SsIhdhrcU_I/AAAAAAAAA_M/jRidSMqiCso/s400/hehehehunter.JPG

Tits mcgee

• I Donated
They do, only it's missing two doors and it's rear wheel drive :lol:

The RWD part I don't mind. The missing two doors part, I do. When Hyundai produces a RWD, manual-transmission 4-door or 5-door, I will consider buying one (and consider it fairly seriously). Until that day, they will not get my business. They might get my fiancee's business, and I might refer other people to them, but they won't get mine.

Enjoy your ancient technology LALGT. Did the 05 even come with Satellite radio? :lol:

When performance loses out... turn to audio. If I showed you my audio system, what would it be then... "my headlights are brighter"? :lol:

If anyone on this forum wanted a Sonata, I'm sure they would have bought one. I don't think the pricetag is dissuading anyone. I drove a new Sonata for a few days while a guy at work borrowed my truck, and... well, I get more feedback from the seat of a bus.

I am happy you're pleased with your Hyundai. If everyone on the road drove an LGT... I probably would drive something else (but it still wouldn't be a Sonata).

Tits mcgee

Friend of mine at work has a Sonata and one of his tail lights randomly fell off ( the outer housing separated from the inner housing). He said he took it to the dealer and the tech responded " yeah, I don't know why they did but they used horrible glue on a lot of parts like that at the factory. Happens a lot." that was enough for me.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Enjoy your ancient technology LALGT. Did the 05 even come with Satellite radio? :lol:

I don't know. Busy going way too much faster than a Sonata to pay attention to pay-radio gimmicks when, like most people under the age of 50, I own a thousand+ CDs that I went to the trouble of turning into MP3.

Did your Sonata come with 10s of thousands of songs that you picked out? No, your Mp3 player did. <facepalm>

When performance loses out... turn to audio.

Because like any sub $40k car the audio system of the Sonata is something to brag about. Its so amazing that car shops are overloaded with requests to do factory Sonata radio system installs in all new AMG and BMW M.

Friend of mine at work has a Sonata and one of his tail lights randomly fell off ( the outer housing separated from the inner housing). He said he took it to the dealer and the tech responded " yeah, I don't know why they did but they used horrible glue on a lot of parts like that at the factory. Happens a lot." that was enough for me.

Hyundai has a great warranty and apparently, thats a good thing.

Because like any sub $40k car the audio system of the Sonata is something to brag about. Its so amazing that car shops are overloaded with requests to do factory Sonata radio system installs in all new AMG and BMW M.

You're not kidding. I remember the first time I turned on the radio in my M3 convertible and the wind noise drowned out the radio. I pounded the steering wheel with my fists and cursed the day I passed up buying that cherry

FWD, automatic Hyundai Sonata.

Tits mcgee

Hyundai has started making better cars. My dad has a 2010 sonata. Its nice for my dad. Has a ton of bells and whistles. But isnt even on the same playing field as a subaru in quality and fun to drive factor. Sonatas are cookie cutter cars cheap and economical. If thats what you want then awesome for you but sounds like buyers remorse trying to reassure yourself.

Archived