LegacyGT.com

Hyundai 2.0T Sonata

I don't know if some of you guys remember what it's like to drive a stock LGT. It's pretty damn awful. A stock 5eat is an absolute dog.

Would you mind not reminding me about that? :)

I like my 05 5eat wagon. I don't LOVE it. Loving it will cost me 2-3 grand still (VB mod, turbo, fuel pump, DP, tune, summer tires) and I still can't convince myself to make the leap until I know what the 2014 wrx is bringing to the table.

I imagine I would like a 2.0T sonata just as much. Better creature comforts and technology package mean a lot in day to day life. I'd miss my AWD probably 10 days a year when I drive in snow but in socal I'm really not sure I care enough about awd to justify the mileage. Chaining up isnt the end of the world I guess.

A little faster of slower stock isn't going to sway me one way or the other. If my car were 5 speed maybe I'd be more in love and automatically hate the sonata like some of you guys seem to.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated Too

If Hyndai made that thing with AWD and a decent aftermarket, they might be in the same class as LGT. But right now it's apples to oranges.

I will say, however, that a top of the line Sonata has a MUCH nicer interior/creature comfort factor than the older LGT's. I sat in one at the Philly Car Show as well as the Equus (which was baller for a Korean car).

Hyundai's are probably the more efficient and has an economical advantage in most areas, but Subaru's just have a better platform imo. Not many cars with all those features and all that potential, AWD, 2.5L 4 cylinder, Turbo, and 4 struts.. not to mention the frameless doors.. my favorite part. Big aftermarket support plus all that potential make the Subaru's by far the winner in terms of a "car enthusiast's" car, but if you are average joe, who does not care about the "potential factor", and will never pursue mods and does not really need awd due to lack of snow or off road terrain, then the Hyundai is the winner and you probably would not be on the net looking to troll Subaru forums. If you think logically and realistically, they are both good car companies that sell a good product. Comparing stock to stock isnt as important as potential vs potential, imo!

• I Donated
Subaru's just have a better platform imo. Not many cars with all those features and all that potential, AWD, 2.5L 4 cylinder, Turbo, and 4 struts.. not to mention the frameless doors.. my favorite part.

Hate to break it to you, but we don't have four struts.

FTR, the Sonata SE 2.0T has higher number on the skidpad too.

So let's review:

The Sonata has superior equipment, better acceleration, more power, the same weight, stronger braking, more grip(in anything but adverse conditions), a stronger residual value, a better warranty and is overall of higher quality.

You guys are right, the Sonata cannot hold a flame to the LGT. :rolleyes:

So let's review:

The Sonata has superior equipment, better acceleration, more power, the same weight, stronger braking, more grip(in anything but adverse conditions), a stronger residual value, a better warranty and is overall of higher quality.

You guys are right, the Sonata cannot hold a flame to the LGT. :rolleyes:

So buy a Hyundai.... no one is forcing you to drive a Subaru!

• I Donated
Shock absorbers, dampener, strut its all the same shit pistons and springs...

You might be disappointed to find out that most cars have four shocks or struts. :lol:

Skidpad performance != handling performance. You seem to focus way too much on numbers and not that much on how things actually drive. FWD doesn't hold a candle to rear biased AWD.

Skidpad performance != handling performance. You seem to focus way too much on numbers and not that much on how things actually drive. FWD doesn't hold a candle to rear biased AWD.

FTR, yours is 50/50 power bias seeing as it is a Spec B and thus a manual transmission. Manual transmission Legacys have 50/50 power distribution. :spin:

• I Donated
FTR, yours is 50/50 power bias seeing as it is a Spec B and thus a manual transmission. Manual transmission Legacys have 50/50 power distribution. :spin:

Fair enough, but even at 50/50, it handles very much like a RWD car if I stomp on it.

Archived