LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

I have a dozen items I'd like to update and upgrade to my motor (turbo & inlet, TGV gaskets, VC gaskets, refreshed injectors, refresh/repaint oil pan, replace oil cooler gasket, replace coolant crossover, clutch & TOB, etc.) and I've been considering taking the whole damn motor out to do it all.

If I would remove the motor is a valve adjustment that much easier, or something I should consider with 165k miles? My idle is pretty damn smooth and I rarely see misfires.

I've heard Subaru people talk about valve adjustment, but it's not something commonly discussed.

If I would remove the motor is a valve adjustment that much easier, or something I should consider with 165k miles? My idle is pretty damn smooth and I rarely see misfires.

Oh yeah. It will be much easier. I've done it twice without pulling the motor. It is definitely doable, but it is a pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Windshield issue replaced shortly after purchase under warranty, was weir it had blurry sections.

Clutch at 30k replaced under warranty, clutch at 65k.

new front axles boots were shot.

Head rebuilt about 102k

Oil pump pickup tube weld cracked 103k.

Replaced VVT gear assembly 107k

fingers crossed

had a Ford tempo went over 200k on original clutch

had a A4, original clutch made it to 190k (son totaled it out)

had a Honda 400 sedan had over 60k when I sold it with original clutch. :-)

I do like my Subie.

It made it through another ECoast winter. current 214k last maintenance was done in Aug 2016. 7500 miles ago.

It does have an ABS and SS warning. The bottom channels on the drivers side Front and Rear doors are pretty rusty.

She just keeps on rolling. Secret.. She doesn't get beat on.

I did a nice job on the Turbo and replacing the Timing, accessory belts, water pump and valve gaskets about 20k ago. I had to replace a couple of wheel bearings. Had to replace 2 out of round wheels. I have owned it going on 5 years, it took two years to get it running right. Once I replaced all the turbo related rubber, it ran tight. It had a full set of beautiful Conti DWS tires that had to be replaced at almost full tread, due to sidewall failure (well, why were the wheels bent? potholes). Tire RACk! The LGT Aluminum wheels are crap.

This is a great beater to leave in long term Aeropuerto parking. Newark! like someone is going to steal it. LOL!!

Edited by 02603sec

Congratulations, Hammer Down, that is really impressive. With your amazing oiling system and driving most of the miles on long highway trips, I wonder how far she'll go? Are you planning to carry on and discover the limits?

As long as it running good. I'll run it, till it pops. But oil consumption is on the rise. Depending on Compression\leak down test. Mite send turbo out to check it's seals.

Miles are about 40/60 City/Highway.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Seeing Mike's post figured I'd chime in again.

The wagon is running great. I had a local repair shop replace the front left Hub for its second time. Took the OEM (replacement) one out, put a Timken in. When I picked up the car, the guy said, that car runs great, that's not your first turbo car, is it ?

I do find my self thinking on the 2.5 hour drive to VT most winter weekends...what's the next thing to fail. But I must say, most all the original sensor's and electrical stuff is still on the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...

My '08 rolled over 200,000 about 5 weeks ago.

Passed 202,000 today but didn't bother with a pic. Still running the original turbo on the original engine and major components. Engine-out service around 150k included all belts, gaskets, sensors, rubber bits, and a fresh clutch. 5k OCI with Brotella, with 1-2qts added over the interval.

20170420_182417.thumb.jpg.4ef51e5b9ed670c56f57d759b46a0314.jpg

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Here I am excited to roll over 160k here soon, but only 10k of it mine - stock everything but clutch at 137, timing belt at 90 and 153. Lots of work to come to it soon hopefully...

Today I turned the key and started it - but it started making a clicking noise in the dash (like a solenoid tripping on and off - I have a crappy video if that would help). Turned it off and it continued to make the noise. Took the key out, put it back in and still made it. Under the hood I could hear a whine like something was being fed power but the engine was not running. Turned on the car, and then played with the heat controls and it stopped. :confused: No CEL or pending codes.

I also believe something is going out with my clutch. As stated - the 'clutch was replaced'. Not by me, and likely nothing else but what would come in a basic kit. The car has been 'shuddering' when taking off from first and I've really had to focus on driving to have it not do that. But tonight the clutch was well, more like what I expect from a clutch. Couldnt get it to do the shuddering thing even when I tried. Do master/slave cylinders go bad in these? What do I need to do to diagnose this?

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

I can't help much unfortunately, except I will say the whine was probably the normal drive by wire throttle body sound.

You can hear the sound I'm referring to @ 2:23 below

I can't help much unfortunately, except I will say the whine was probably the normal drive by wire throttle body sound.

You can hear the sound I'm referring to @ 2:23 below

I guess I've never noticed it before - but that does seem to be what the whine sounded like.

While looking for a vid of the clicking, I found this -

- My bad, I totally thought this was the "What did you do" thread, not the miles thread. To many "vol" threads.

Edited by Sparkey
Im an idiot
05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.