Time to update

Stg 2 tune since 30k miles

Put coil overs on at 90k miles

Replaced timing belt and all those bits at 90k miles

Put 16g and tune at 120k miles

Factory clutch went out at 128k miles

Now at 132k miles

Have a small oil leak, that will be fixed soon

Thus far, the car has treated me great. Generally the only things that break have been things that I have broken messing with it

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

What was shitty about it?

Search is your friend. SPT intake causes all kinds of lean conditions, etc. and doesn't actually make any power. It's a lose-lose mod.

^ Stock ECU and oil practices?

You guys are so ambiguous, it's good to have a little catalog of what works for people.

I actually rolled over 168k miles tonight, all mine since 107k miles.. 3-3.5k oil changes and synthetic only with 5w40 as my preference. Cobb AP running stg1 at 70k miles and stg2 at 123k miles. Original equipment motor, turbo and trans.

Interior/exterior holding up well too. I have very minor rust troubling the passenger front door and inside the gas door, another repair two years ago that looks solid at the rear driver's quarter panel. Otherwise the car looks great. Interior looks good for the most part too.

Edited by BoozeRS05

Search is your friend. SPT intake causes all kinds of lean conditions, etc. and doesn't actually make any power. It's a lose-lose mod.

Any intake that lets more air in is going to cause a lean condition without a fuel remap, and it's not going to make power unless it wasn't getting enough air in the first place. Which is to say, I've never heard of an intake "making power" on a stock/nearly stock LGT, and any intake in that situation that doesn't cause problems probably isn't going to justify it's existence if and when it's highly modified. I can see now why it was shitty for you, but it sounds to me like you're criticizing a screwdriver for not being a good enough hammer.

• 4 weeks later...

198,000Km

Oil pressure sender unit is leaking and making it smell like oil in the cabin

. Will replace this weekend. Also how many more rally cross or autocross events before my motor goes boom?

198,000Km

Oil pressure sender unit is leaking and making it smell like oil in the cabin

. Will replace this weekend. Also how many more rally cross or autocross events before my motor goes boom?

Cheater! For those who dont notice the KM that seems like a solid number :lol:

Also - how are are you on your motor? If you like the sound of the rev limiter in first gear - not long. If you arent worried about time and take it easy then only time will tell what your engine has left on it.

I'm so close to 160,000 mi its annoying. 257,495 in cheatermeters (km).

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Almost 140k. Burned valve at 135k. Rebuilt heads and turbo. 138k short block. Rest of the car is holding up great though. No body rot anywhere and just light surface rust underneath. Not bad for New England. Probably in need of struts and end links soon.

Cheater! For those who dont notice the KM that seems like a solid number :lol:

Also - how are are you on your motor? If you like the sound of the rev limiter in first gear - not long.

Changed out the transistor for the blower motor today, hopefully that will fix the blower motor slowing down after about 30 minutes or more of the AC and fan on max.

After I turned the system off for a mile or so, it would work fine again. Last summer it happened after about 25-30 minutes on the drive on a hot humid day.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Changed out the transistor for the blower motor today, hopefully that will fix the blower motor slowing down after about 30 minutes or more of the AC and fan on max.

After I turned the system off for a mile or so, it would work fine again. Last summer it happened after about 25-30 minutes on the drive on a hot humid day.

Glad you got it sorted. I checked the part number I had again and it was the wrong bit, after all :redface:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Glad you got it sorted. I checked the part number I had again and it was the wrong bit, after all :redface:

LOL, yea it took me a while to figure that out...not like I was in any hurry...LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Mine has 183,000 and is all stock beside a spt intake a spec stage 2 clutch. I just had to remove, clean and grease the starter because it started some squealing and also had to reweld up an exhaust hanger that rusted through.

Well the test of time is certainly there, but many would say it's harmful to run an intake without an appropriate tune. Conventional wisdom around here would say to get the original intake setup back on, and sell the SPT intake unless you are going to mod past stg2 power.

Again 183k miles could be proof that it's fine, idk :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Driving the hell out of it every day! Holds oil and data logging every day looks pretty good too.

NEED to get some projects done, both big and small. Recently discovered my driver's side axle boot is separated to go along with my right axle seal leaking. :spin:

IMG_20170713_002148.thumb.jpg.fcb34094f8bc0665d4c11df013976f60.jpg