LegacyGT.com

Crazy's 05 Legacy GT Build

crazymonk8-8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She will definitely go faster if I have to rebuild this damn thing. I probably won't go all out on the motor build as I don't need this thing to make 600+ whp. So I will probably do rods, pistons, bearings, and a few other goodies.

What are your power goals?

What Airsuspension are you on?

He's on Airlift

What are your power goals?

He's on Airlift

Yes I'm on Airlift suspension and right now I'm not 100% sure on my power goals. I have had almost 463 whp and 431 wtq in my rex. So I think I will shoot for around that again. Not too sure on how well this transmission will hold up though. It also depends on what turbo I decide to go with.

the Trans is shyt.. Im Doin a a STI swap now.. Got a sick deal on the trans swap so i jumped on it.. 2500 for 06 trans and r180 with DCCD..

How come when i look up airleft they dont have none for the legacy did you piece it together.

I've never personally looked into FP Reds. I know my friend had one on his EVO and he hated the lag also. The ":p" was because of the sarcasm.

I hear really good things about the Dom3.

I can't wait to do my H6 turbo swap. :) I'm looking for a bare minimum of 500whp on pump gas.

H6 turbo swap? You have my undivided attention sir! When are you doing that?

Yes sir! I am swapping the EG33 from an SVX, and installing Element Tuning's Hydra EMS and installing a precision 6265. Other mods too of course.

I'm hoping to begin the build when summer starts. I am saving up money on the side to buy and build the new motor while I'm DDing the car. Still trying to figure out driveline though. I may just have mine built and call it a day. I'll figure it out in time.

Yes sir! I am swapping the EG33 from an SVX, and installing Element Tuning's Hydra EMS and installing a precision 6265. Other mods too of course.

I'm hoping to begin the build when summer starts. I am saving up money on the side to buy and build the new motor while I'm DDing the car. Still trying to figure out driveline though. I may just have mine built and call it a day. I'll figure it out in time.

Why the EG33? I have heard great builds with the EZ30r and turbo setups. Just cost and availability or any advantages to the 3.3?

Thats Awesome! You need to move to washington so we can help eachother with our builds haha.

On another note I pulled the motor out and pulled the heads. My original worry was I dropped something in the block but that is not the case. I believe its a bad rod bearing. So since I already told the wife that my motor is blown I might as well build it. So while I am away on my trip I will have the motor being built.

Since I don't plan on throwing over 500 WHP to this motor I am just going to throw a set of pistons and bearings into it and call it a day.

Why the EG33? I have heard great builds with the EZ30r and turbo setups. Just cost and availability or any advantages to the 3.3?

EG33 has a bullet-proof crank from factory that will laugh at 600WHP. So I can use the stock crank, and get a set of bearings, rods, pistons, bolts, and BANG, done.

Thats Awesome! You need to move to washington so we can help eachother with our builds haha.

On another note I pulled the motor out and pulled the heads. My original worry was I dropped something in the block but that is not the case. I believe its a bad rod bearing. So since I already told the wife that my motor is blown I might as well build it. So while I am away on my trip I will have the motor being built.

Since I don't plan on throwing over 500 WHP to this motor I am just going to throw a set of pistons and bearings into it and call it a day.

If you're looking to get anywhere around the 400whp range, I'd recommend a set of rods as well. But 350whp, pistons and bearings and you're all set. Just make sure you use the right oil. ;)

I ran over 400 on my all stock wrx motor for a while and never had a problem and my tuner has ran stock rods on lots of motors with over 400. He recommends the upgrade but says its not absolutely necessary. So I'm going to play around and see what happens. haha

Might as well look at a Killer-B setup as well if you've got the engine out. Probably some other little things to do while it's out as well that would make sense purely for the convenience of having it out.

I absolutely agree with this and will be doing so. Clutch and Flywheel are on the list as well.

Well Guys I tore apart the motor this weekend and there was nothing wrong with it at all! No bad bearings, nothing loose or burnt up or anything! So while I have the motor apart I might as well build it.

I also picked up my ATP 3076R turbo, inlet, and intake. I will also be picking up a wrx clutch and lightened flywheel. I haven't decided on what other goodies I will be getting while I am at it. I am going to try and put the car on the ground this weekend and get some pictures for you guys of how low I can get it. Which unfortunately, isn't low enough for me. I might get different tires while I am away, we will see. But until then here is another picture!

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af265/crazymonk88/IMAG0359.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af265/crazymonk88/IMAG0357.jpg

Also if you guys were at this point with the motor out and all what would you buy?

Archived