LegacyGT.com

Crazy's 05 Legacy GT Build

crazymonk8-8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you have to call or email to order your bagged setup? or was it off a website? also do u think a wagon application would be similar with what you had to do? i did read u had minor slotting but what exactly did u do/ have any pics?

thanks!

awesome build tho!

Bryan C.

NorCal - SupraLegacy - 05 LGT Wagon 5MT - 15 FXT Premium

did you have to call or email to order your bagged setup? or was it off a website? also do u think a wagon application would be similar with what you had to do? i did read u had minor slotting but what exactly did u do/ have any pics?

thanks!

awesome build tho!

I will be throwing up the modifications I had to do for my legacy in order to make it fit here soon. I know Mookz was curious as well. You can order your kit online or give Open Road Tuning a call. You need to order the GR kit. It has the same style rears as the legacy. I'm not sure what you would have to modify on the wagon, but let me do some research and I will get back to you.

Thanks Andrew! For everyone who wants to order a kit Andrew@ort is the man to get with. You can email him or give him a call. I will be posting some pictures of everything I had to do to make it fit. I will be running the e-level kit but the accuair setup is very good for a daily driver.

Andrew at ORT will be launching a new website shortly, but if you call or email him he can get the GR kit for you guys.

i will be looking into a bag setup for my future lgt wagon or obxt. just gotta return from my deployment first oh and sell one of my supra's ;]

thank you Crazymonk8-8 & Andrew!

Looking forward to the site launch and also ur completion of ur project Crazy

Bryan C.

NorCal - SupraLegacy - 05 LGT Wagon 5MT - 15 FXT Premium

Hey no worries man, let me know if you want to kick around a few ideas or chat about your setup.

I'm not the kind of guy that's money hungry and nor does ORT ever try to push parts on people. We know this is a sizable investment and it takes time and you want to make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Don't hesitate to shoot me an email or a call if you just want to chat about what is involved.

Cheers,

Andrew

Alright guys people have been asking what needs to be modified so I have a few pictures of what needs to be done. I wish I took more pictures but I have two that will show you what needs to be done. On both the front and rear the strut towers you have to drill and slot the existing holes.

This is the front strut tower.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af265/crazymonk88/IMAG0346-1.jpg

As you can see the front strut tower needs to be slotted in towards the center. The easiest was to do that is measure the new top hat bolts to the old top hat bolts. Once you have that measurement the easiest way is to drill the strut tower with a small drill bit first moving your way up to the size you need. After you complete the drilling file down the holes cleanly. This will help prevent cracking.

The rear strut tower.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af265/crazymonk88/IMAG0356.jpg

The rear strut tower needs to be drilled and slotted outward from the center. You are going to do the exact same thing you did for the front with drilling and slotting. You are just moving outward with your holes instead of inward. The rears are a bit more difficult to drill so patience is key.

A couple of tips for drilling steel.

1) Medium speed on the drill with lots of pressure!

2) Sharp STEEL drill bits - Home Depot carries them

3) Clean all sharp metal with a file and sandpaper

4) EYE PROTECTION!

5) Patience

All together drilling the strut towers took me 2 hours. But I do a lot of drilling for a living. The last thing you have to do with the struts is drill the lower bushing on the strut itself. I do not have pictures of it but it is fairly self explanatory. The legacy bushing from the STI bushing is 4 mm bigger. The key to drilling this is medium speed LOW, I'm going to say it again LOW, pressure otherwise the bushing will start to spin. Once you drill that out you will see the bushing is also wider. I sanded down the ends to make it the same width as the stock bushing. It is not hard! The only thing you have to watch is make sure the bushing does not heat up too much. It will melt the rubber sleeve it sits in.

DO NOT BE AFRAID. It is very easy and you need minimal tools. I did this all with a drill, a dremel, drill bits, sandpaper, and drill bits. If anyone has any questions do not be afraid to ask. I am more than willing to answer questions.

Archived