LegacyGT.com

Crazy's 05 Legacy GT Build

crazymonk8-8

It's your car. I'd paint match the flares.

Those flares are sick though. What brand/model are they? I know you said 240sx flares on your first post, but any particular brand?

They are the 4 inch wide ZG fender flares in fiberglass. The other reason I am holding off on painting them is I might wrap them in carbon fiber. Which I would prefer over body color :)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a 370z that runs autox near me, who has carbon fiber flares. Just clear-coated. The look is a bit stark, but I like it. Then again, maybe its the huge tires he has stuffed under them.

This build makes me wish I had gone ahead with flares on my car. Looking forward to seeign the completed car.

Hint: I'm not really in Tahiti ;)

Haha I figured as much. Well I recieved my rear struts last night. So those will be going in tonight. These are the last parts I was waiting for to get my car on the ground.

Plans for tonight:

Install struts

Check system for leaks

Upload new map from accessport

Check for fuel leaks or vacuum leaks

Hopefully test drive car

Were you just buying the kit piece by piece or do you have to buy a different set of rears instead of what comes I'm the kit?

So I bought the wrx front and a universal kit for the rear. The universal kit would not work for the rears. So I bought the wrx rears as well. The top hats are wider for the rear so you have to drill and slot the strut tower. The bottom of the strut also has to be drilled out to fit the bigger bolt for the legacy. If you are interested in the setup I can take detailed pics and explain everything that needs to be done. I will also try and hook you up with some better pricing

That would be wonderful! I am most likely going to go the route you went. I am perfectly comfortable with the drilling. If you can get detailed pictures and everything, that would be phenomenal. Maybe even start your own "DIY WRX AirBag" thread to keep this build thread smoothly.

Archived