LegacyGT.com

Show off your 5th Gen's aftermarket wheels!!

Sorry to butt in from gen 6 land, but I have a question that might fit the conversation here. I have a set of rotas 18x8 +35 and was wondering if that offset is going to give me any problems? Been on will it fit and it says they will stick out 0.8" more than stock (this is with 225 tires). Is that rolling territory? Just looking for a general ballpark thought before I order some lugs to test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately we dont have any idea what the relationship between the wheel and the wheel well is on a 6th gen, so therefore we can give you no definite answer. Our 5th gens have cavernous wells with a big wheel arch overhang. I'm not sure that is the case on the 6th gen.

My guess is that it would be close but with the stock suspension you will probably be fine. My "poke" was about 1.5" and my fronts needed a 1/4" pull and the rears just barely rub, but I am also running 255 tires.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately we dont have any idea what the relationship between the wheel and the wheel well is on a 6th gen, so therefore we can give you no definite answer. Our 5th gens have cavernous wells with a big wheel arch overhang. I'm not sure that is the case on the 6th gen.

My guess is that it would be close but with the stock suspension you will probably be fine. My "poke" was about 1.5" and my fronts needed a 1/4" pull and the rears just barely rub, but I am also running 255 tires.

Yea I know it's not quite apples to apples between the generations, but I'm guessing it's at least somewhat similar regarding how much you can push out. I think I'll just order some lugs and find out.....just needed the push to do it lol

Aren't 6th Gen 5x114.3?

They are, so my backup if this set doesn't fit is to sell them and get a set of STI's.

Thanks for the info. What size tires are you running? That is what would determine if you have to roll or pull fenders. I'm either going with a 225 or 235 width tire. Also I do not plan on tucking wheels, I only want to eliminate the fender gap. Most likely will have to roll fenders but I doubt I will have to pull.

I am running 245/40/18 Michelin Pilot AS/3. I plan on going 255/40 when these wear out.

I am running 245/40/18 Michelin Pilot AS/3. I plan on going 255/40 when these wear out.

So using your wheel specs of 18x9.5 +45 with a 245/40/18 tire my setup of 18x9 +33 with a 225/45/18 will have more clearance between inner rim and strut and will only poke out less than a 1/4". So if you didn't have to do any fender mods I think I might not even need to roll fender especially with the narrower tire. Thanks for the info everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to butt in from gen 6 land, but I have a question that might fit the conversation here. I have a set of rotas 18x8 +35 and was wondering if that offset is going to give me any problems? Been on will it fit and it says they will stick out 0.8" more than stock (this is with 225 tires). Is that rolling territory? Just looking for a general ballpark thought before I order some lugs to test it out.

With 225 tires and it saying that you will be less than an 1" further out I do not foresee having any issues. Are you on stock suspension? Are you lowered? That could change things, but on my '12 I plan on running 18x9 +35 with 225/45/18 and comparing to other setups that have been listed here, I know I won't have issues. So I figure you will be more than fine.

These apparently we're on a WRC show car, only a few 100 miles on these. Hard to find these larger than 17 in our bolt pattern. So literally as soon as I saw them for the price he was asking I was like DONE! plus my thoughts are a year or more dlwn the road I'll prob have a 4thgen wagon or bugeye wagon and these will go onto that as a possibility. Meanwhile they hold me over until I go more "showy" wheel

These apparently we're on a WRC show car, only a few 100 miles on these. Hard to find these larger than 17 in our bolt pattern. So literally as soon as I saw them for the price he was asking I was like DONE! plus my thoughts are a year or more dlwn the road I'll prob have a 4thgen wagon or bugeye wagon and these will go onto that as a possibility. Meanwhile they hold me over until I go more "showy" wheel

Going to powdercoat them same color as your current wheels?

Honestly I'm a bit torn. The orange is different and I like the contrast ALOT. Kinda want a "less is more" look now. A hypersilver or gunmetalish color is my first thought once I go to a powdercoating shop and see a color wheel they offer I'm sure I'll change my mind. A satin steel orange is my second choice

Super interested in your wheel choices haha. I'm wondering if 18" will look a tad small on our boats.

It depends largely on wheel design, wheels whose spokes extend all the way to the barrel tend to look larger than wheels with shorter spokes and a lip.

• 1 month later...

So what is best? Without rolling fenders

I have a 2012 2.5,

19x8.5 seems to be everyones choice on best look for our cars.

With a 30 offset?

Or

With a 40 offset?

Or

With a 45 offset

Iam looking for the best look.

I purchased

17x8 tsw nurbring 45 offset. Iam thinking they maybe to small, from all i have read on here. Thanx all

19x8.5 +45 is nice, I wouldn't mind a little bit more poke but I'm pretty happy with that size and offset. I would steer you away from the 17's, our cavernous wheel arches will dwarf them unless you want to put a real meaty tire on them.

Gteaser & UnspOkn both of you are a wealth of knowledge. Iam so glad both of you answered my queation. Both of your cars are memorable to me and motivate me to "g" my legacy out. As iam writing this iam having dual exhaust beeing installed with 2.5 pip from the resonator back with 2- Borla mufflers and 4" tips put on. Iam so excited. I found Some Mach Euro concave wheels on ebay at 19" 8.5 5x100 45 offset for $598. Shipped. Black with machined lip.

I would need to sell my recently purchased 17" tsw nurburing wheels. But if i kept the tsw what "meaty" wheel would you suggest, 225/55/17???

Thanx for the support and inspiration!