LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You MIGHT, MAYBE, see a small improvement in torque numbers. But peak torque for the vf52 is always right around 3500, so your numbers seem accurate

Im just relaying what Bren said. So if you wanna debate with him... be my guest.

But of course it wouldnt be a huge difference, maybe like 5 whp but its possible.

As I understand it, the LSD helps when you apply power at the apex and drive out of the corner. You get less inside wheel spin, great traction.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• I Donated Too
As I understand it, the LSD helps when you apply power at the apex and drive out of the corner. You get less inside wheel spin, great traction.

Well of course YOU know, i was testing simko. He thinks he wants it but he wouldn't know how to utilize it lol

if you can tell me how a front LSD would change your turn-in timing and power application in a corner, I will allow you to get one

and there you go :D

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

and there you go :D

Good point there. I hope that info helps out a lot of ______ Oh yea, guy's that don't know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

not me nrw, even tho hero went through my car just like SPC's, despite my car never making the horrific sounds like his did that day. I will stick with road tunes and live with the ever so slightly different numbers. I am contacting bren in the next week to have him finish my tune now that it is leak free.

So who am I going to see from here next on the dyno? :)

NOTME

been 3 times already

FMIC next year? we shall see

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

not me nrw, even tho hero went through my car just like SPC's, despite my car never making the horrific sounds like his did that day. I will stick with road tunes and live with the ever so slightly different numbers. I am contacting bren in the next week to have him finish my tune now that it is leak free.

What did alberto find?

nothing at all, we changed the fluids which could have have solved the problem all together based on what bren told me when i was on the dyno. My car wasnt making sounds or anything crazy like yours so it could have just been a simple thing like fluids needing change. WE thought clutch but it had less than 2500 miles on it when it went on the dyno. I am just not gonna fork over twice the amount for a dyno tune that might not work compared to a road tune that is half the price when all he needs to do is get the boost setup right.

Jase no thats not the reason at all. When this all went down back in september i was having issues on the dyno. One of my rear wheels was not getting power or not enough to spin the dyna pack so i was not able to get a full dyno tune, we were able to get some work done with a road tune,got the fuel trims right and afr set but we were not able to get boost cause of the boost leak i had. Basically i have been running a basemap with some tweaks so that my car has been driveable. Just gotta get time to go back and get boost dialed in. Just dont want to go back on the dyno to have the same issue arise and waste Brens or my time when i know a road tune will suffice.

Archived