LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Bren, do you also have AP's available for sale? Or do I need to get one first before tuning?

He can probably sell them to you, but you don't need one for him to tune you. I sold mine and got a bren tune because it was cheaper for me in the long run.

He can probably sell them to you, but you don't need one for him to tune you. I sold mine and got a bren tune because it was cheaper for me in the long run.

But you couls have gotten an e85 tune!!

Bren, do you also have AP's available for sale? Or do I need to get one first before tuning?

We do. I'll send you a PM in a minute.

For the 2012 LGT's we need to use the AP to tune as there is no OpenSource definitions out yet.

im actually considering getting an AP even though i am opensource tuned but far down the line from where i am now

I've toyed with the same. Depends on how many more corn stations pop up, there's two on the pike somewhat close. And if I want to tear into the fuel system or if I'm bored with the car.

This is long down the line though.

:lol: You've made the right choice, my friend! Have you told the wife yet? :spin::eek:;)

Haven't bought it yet. And no, haven't done that yet, either. :p

Just doing some homework for springtime (hopefully). For whatever reason, I was under the impression I'd need to order the AP from COBB on the leftcoast. If I can avoid shipping costs, that'd be swell.

Although, I'm still on the fence about the Bilsteins too, if they ever come available.

I dont really see the need for an AP if you live so close to an awesome tuner. Enless your constantly making tiny upgrades with a bunch of time in betwee them and would need multiple tunes before uou reach your end result. Or like prrviously mentioned, if you want an e85 tune.

All depends of what your goals for the car are.

I dont really see the need for an AP if you live so close to an awesome tuner. Enless your constantly making tiny upgrades with a bunch of time in betwee them and would need multiple tunes before uou reach your end result. Or like prrviously mentioned, if you want an e85 tune.

2010+ gt's need one in order to tune, junior

• I Donated

Get an AP.

:lol:

• I Donated Too

it's not just about the tunes, there are more benefits. The ability to switch between maps on the fly, to make small correction to launch control, FFS, adjust timing for bad gas, read CEL codes, reset learning without pulling the battery, live monitoring of data, logging, etc. Personally, I use mine to monitor knock all the time, it's mounted on my dash. I dick with launch RPM's and FFS RPM's as needed, and use it as a shift warning (the screen flashes white). I agree that you don't NEED an AP, as the quality of an open source tune is no better or worse than an AP tune (tho i've heard the AP allows the tuner to change a couple more tables, and has speed density support), but the additional features of having a handheld tuning computer are great.

Archived