LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

it's not just about the tunes, there are more benefits. The ability to switch between maps on the fly, to make small correction to launch control, FFS, adjust timing for bad gas, read CEL codes, reset learning without pulling the battery, live monitoring of data, logging, etc. Personally, I use mine to monitor knock all the time, it's mounted on my dash. I dick with launch RPM's and FFS RPM's as needed, and use it as a shift warning (the screen flashes white). I agree that you don't NEED an AP, as the quality of an open source tune is no better or worse than an AP tune (tho i've heard the AP allows the tuner to change a couple more tables, and has speed density support), but the additional features of having a handheld tuning computer are great.

E-tunes and brushups too!

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also i have thought about getting one because i do not plan on living in New England for much longer and this would allow me to get tunes regardless of where i live. Plus the idea of switching maps to say a more econimical map for long distance drives instead of having it maxed out all the time.

It will learn but not to the extent of tuning itself....a cat back will not give you much of a gain with a tune or not any way.

• I Donated Too
pulling the battery helps the car learn? so say i put a cat back and pull battery it will auto tune to the upgrade? just using that as an example. is that correct?

pulling the battery resets the learned data in your computer, but your computer still has the base parameters that don't change. The learned (realtime) data only affects so many tables and changes only so much. Any "auto tuning" would be very small adjustments to keep your car in nominal ranges, and wouldn't really improve your power substantially

E-tunes and brushups too!

I didn't mention etunes and brushups because open source tuning allows you to send maps to/from a tuner for etunes as well, and it's not really any more difficult if you know your way around a computer. But

Also i have thought about getting one because i do not plan on living in New England for much longer and this would allow me to get tunes regardless of where i live. Plus the idea of switching maps to say a more econimical map for long distance drives instead of having it maxed out all the time.

With an 07+ you also have Si drive, which your tuner can set to different levels of performance to aid in economy. My tuner set my modes to 9, 16, and 19psi in i, S, and S#, along with dulling the throttle response in "i" and sharpening the response in S#.

Some tuners will not e-tune open source.

People are quick to jump on the AP being a waste... but as outlined in the last few threads, they are a handy tool. The fact that i dont have to drag my laptop out to my car every time i want to log or tinker is good enough for me. Stays in my glove box, and it's there when i need it.

With an 07+ you also have Si drive, which your tuner can set to different levels of performance to aid in economy. My tuner set my modes to 9, 16, and 19psi in i, S, and S#, along with dulling the throttle response in "i" and sharpening the response in S#.

You can do that with OpenSource too :)

• I Donated Too
You can do that with OpenSource too :)

I know, i was just making the point that you don't need to flash maps using laptop/AP when you have different Si modes that can be changed on the fly, whether your tuner used AP or OS

• 5 months later...
isnt the shop like 30 min north of worcester? i could be wrong...

Nope, it's literally 10mins from my house in Worcester. We're using PSI's dyno in Auburn now. 4 Elm Street.

Archived