LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont care abt numbers like some......based on what bren saw on his magical laptop on the road i was at 315whp with a serious boost leak so i can expect anywhere from an additional 5-15 after its finished. numbers are of no importance to me, unless its the number of panties it drop......which is zero any way :)

The 07-09 specB came with the specC 07 sti tranny and R180 diff vs. the 06 specB which came with the same tranny and gearbox that the wrx/lgt iirc. Don't get me wrong it was a unique year for the specB but IMO it was a trial year for the car for Subaru and after 06 the 07-09 came with better features.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

6 speed is over rated.

Better gears with 5 speed. Better 0-60 time in 5 speed. And dont have to shift every 2 seconds.

Hmmmm. 0-60 is debatable.

6 speed and bigger turbo are a great combo. Sure you fly through the gears quicker, but that puts you above that 3500 rpm seemingly quicker.

0-60 is also just one measure.

Bottom-line, I would rather have a tranny that was built to withstand the power.

The 07-09 specB came with the specC 07 sti tranny and R180 diff vs. the 06 specB which came with the same tranny and gearbox that the wrx/lgt iirc. Don't get me wrong it was a unique year for the specB but IMO it was a trial year for the car for Subaru and after 06 the 07-09 came with better features.

I wish I could find the article I read, but basically the 06 spec b was some type of trial line like you said. And maybe because I have just driven 5 speeds and just test drove a couple 6 speeds, it seems like 5 speeds are "easier" to drive. Of course the 6 speed has a lot of advantages, one being your basically always in boost. But i would think that the 0-60 would be faster in a 5 speed because you only have to shift once, rather than twice in a 6 speed.. (all else being equal of course)

Not a huge deal or anything, but I guess once you get accustomed to something, you become bias towards it ;)

Like the people who like the wrx bug eye headlights :lol: :lol:

Will you heavy spec b blokes get over yourselves.

5mt gearing is better suited for 1/4mile racing due to not needing to shift often. 6mt is better for all other kinds of performance driving.

LGT/08+WRX 5mt's are a lot more durable than the GD chassis ones that were made out of glass.

Bugeyes are great.

ANYWAYS

Who's next on the tuning block? :)

Archived