LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning: legacygt.com Tuning Day

Nrw

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back.

The same thing was happening as last time so Bren had to start around 3500rpm.

Made 324/370

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/404975_4977136870780_951946487_n.jpg

Hopefully Neil will be upload the vids and graph.

Just happy I was able to dyno :p

I also have videos of the horrid noises. It is slightly better this time around, as in we could actually do a pull. Under 3500rpm though ugh

Yeah upload the good one in this thread and maybe upload the others and send me them via email or pm

Please and thank you

the only way those sounds were going to get diagnosed were if the entire driveline was taken out and ripped open. I had a similar issue (i went before spc on the original dyno day) and had it looked at today and nothing could be found based on the tests that were performed. Only difference was we changed all differential fluids...i wont be going on the dyno for my tune. congrats on the 90% dyno pull

the only way those sounds were going to get diagnosed were if the entire driveline was taken out and ripped open. I had a similar issue (i went before spc on the original dyno day) and had it looked at today and nothing could be found based on the tests that were performed. Only difference was we changed all differential fluids...i wont be going on the dyno for my tune. congrats on the 90% dyno pull

Exactly!!!!

And im not willing to spend $400 to "make sure" the center diff is fine. My car runs fine and if it aint broke im not fixing it. :spin:

• I Donated
Exactly!!!!

And im not willing to spend $400 to "make sure" the center diff is fine. My car runs fine and if it aint broke im not fixing it. :spin:

The simple fact is that it IS broke though, hence the angry noises and why you couldn't do a normal dyno pull.

its just a weird thing, what is so different about the dyno load vs the street load? if it was broke wouldn't the sound be consistent regardless? it was looked at by a subaru tech and one the more respected mechanics in the area who for the most part specializes in Subaru...just strange that's all not trying to start a shit storm lol

The simple fact is that it IS broke though, hence the angry noises and why you couldn't do a normal dyno pull.

Its not bothering my DD and Bren said my car is strong, so im just going to leave it in the back of my mind for now.

I'm too particular to let shit like that go. ESPECIALLY if its my dd.

Something isn't right. Needs to be fixed.

Me too... but when itll cost a grand ATLEAST to fix.... for something that isnt even bothering me or affecting any power/driving. Then I dont see a NEED at the moment to get myself in debt to fix it.

• I Donated
Me too... but when itll cost a grand ATLEAST to fix.... for something that isnt even bothering me or affecting any power/driving. Then I dont see a NEED at the moment to get myself in debt to fix it.

You seemed to have plenty of cash for a new turbo, downpipe and two dyno sessions. There is something wrong in your transmission. Fix it.

• I Donated Too
Truth isn't haterade. I have nothing against your car, you seem like you've done a great job with it. But at the end of the day, a major component of your car is malfunctioning and you're not handling it in a responsible way. In my opinion (and this goes for everyone, not just you) money should be spent on cars in the following order of importance: repairs, maintenance, performance, cosmetics. Any money spent on performance when repairs or maintenance are required is irresponsible.

Archived