LegacyGT.com

Another iON Performance Spring Group Buy

HansGT

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took delivery on mine. The dope yellow springs match the DHL truck that just drove away. W0000000000000000000000T!!!!11

Can't wait to throw 'em on!

Thanks to Jack and Han's for the organization. Great follow through from Jack on emailing me back on my different questions.

The only issue was that I never received a tracking number confirmation, even though it was next-day shipping from Calgary, it would have been nice to get the confirmation.:confused: But they are here now so all is good.:cool:

i was confused at first too since the tracking number didnt really give me much info. didnt know if this was the norm for dhl so i decided to call. took a few people to help me but were finally able to determine...that the package missed the last flight out of canada and i should expect to see it on monday by noon.

i just wish there site said that

I would have preferred black springs, but what the hell...

Hopefully they will be on tomorrow... along with a bunch of other stuff. :D

It'll be OK. You'll only be able to see the yellow if you get down in there and really look.

BUT- I totally agree that OE-looking springs are best when you want to keep the PoPo off your back when they're sniffing around your car, looking to give you a vehicle inspection.

A year or so ago a cop easily spotted my old red H&R's on my Acura (amongst a bunch of other body/exhaust violations) and made me go and get the whole mess inspected. He pulled me over strictly for the modded car issue, not for speeding or anything else...

It'll be OK. You'll only be able to see the yellow if you get down in there and really look.

BUT- I totally agree that OE-looking springs are best when you want to keep the PoPo off your back when they're sniffing around your car, looking to give you a vehicle inspection.

A year or so ago a cop easily spotted my old red H&R's on my Acura (amongst a bunch of other body/exhaust violations) and made me go and get the whole mess inspected. He pulled me over strictly for the modded car issue, not for speeding or anything else...

what a turd.

Ugh, just spent four hours putting the REAR springs in. Fronts will have to wait til tomorrow. Well, anybody who says that they can do the whole job in four hours total has all the proper tools, probably an impact wrench, and has done similair work before. As for me, this is my first crack at such a mod. Other then the lower strut bolts being a B*TCH to loosen/tighten, eveing is pretty staraight forward thus far

F-ing DHL screwed the pooch at their warehouse in Ohio and dorked up all the tracking numbers... thank god I called customer service (because the tracking number doesn't work on the POS website), otherwise the springs were heading to England!!! Idiots...
now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

Ugh, just spent four hours putting the REAR springs in. Fronts will have to wait til tomorrow. Well, anybody who says that they can do the whole job in four hours total has all the proper tools, probably an impact wrench, and has done similair work before. As for me, this is my first crack at such a mod. Other then the lower strut bolts being a B*TCH to loosen/tighten, eveing is pretty staraight forward thus far

Good to hear Juxta that it is going pretty straightforward for you. Im thinking of tackling the intstall myself. What tools were you missing. I may as well round up everything thats needed before going to work on it.

Ok, fronts are in too! Ohhh, so sexy. My fears of a bouncy ride are gone, this car handles and feels much like my buddies '06 330. I'm +1 for this being an excellent set-up for street use; I feel my time and money have been well spent. There are plenty on excellent pictures and detailed write-ups, so I won't bother, you guys have read and seen them already. Thanks Jack!

Install notes: You should check out hal9e3's write-up of his pink install if you haven't already:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5757

This plus the manual is more then enough to get you through the job. You will need that offset 17mm wrench for the strut rod bolt, otherwise you have to get a little creative (which I had to). I recommend you loosen the strut rod bolt before compressing the spring, but JUST break it loose, don't remove before compressing the spring! To get the proper torque setting when re-installing the strut rod nut, tighten most of the way, then decompress the spring, which should allow you to put the proper torque on it without having to hold the rod in place with the 6mm allen, this worked for all but one of the shocks. If you can get your hands on an impact wrench, do so. The rear lower strut bolt is torqued to 120+ ft. lbs., I am fairly strong, but could not break this nut loose without using a 15 in breaker bar with the scissor jack. This is a major PITA and time consuming. It was on there so tight I BROKE my 19 mm socket in the process. Re-torqing them is just as hard. The fronts are much easier to do, which was a relief after messing around with the rears for so long. Total time to complete this project as a first timer, including set-up, and clean-up, was nearly eight hours over two days. I did it alone, so if you have someone to help it will probably go faster.

got my tracking number on saturday. :D

Hans - what does your tracking information say? I received my tracking information on Tuesday and according to the US website it says its in transit but according to the Canadian website its still at the Candian Gateway (for the last 4 days).

I just called the Canadian DHL and they are trying to tracking the package.

Am I the only experiencing this?

not sure where mine is. DHL.ca says EXIT THROUGH CANADIAN GATEWAY via RICHMOND. That was 9/22/05. The US site just says "in transit". No idea where it is. I emailed them for an update as I don't have time to go through all the phone business.

Um....hope DHL didn't loose them. :mad:

i went ahead and called them. the packaged has left Canada that much they are sure about. they figure it is probably at their Ohio sorting facility which they told me has just recently combined from two sites into one and has not going as smoothly as they had hoped. anyway they are confident that they are in the US now and they have a trace on the package and someone will call me in the next 24hours to let me know where it is.

i'm not worried yet...they are most likely sitting in OHIO waiting to come my way. either that or some kid loading trucks swiped them and is trying to cram them onto his 1990 honda crx with graphite hood and fart can exhaust! :lol:

bluechipbmw - Yes all the packages were sent ground. The reason why you have a different tracking # is once they hit the US side; airborne (which is who DHL bought out in the US) transfers them over to their own waybills. Generally when that happens the new tracking # is linked to the DHL one; however they haven't been consistantly doing that. In anycase, looks like you'll have them this Thursday :)

Archived