LegacyGT.com

Another iON Performance Spring Group Buy

HansGT

Ah, can't wait to get the iON's on. I have been searching around as well for future strut upgrades. I thought the Tokico's were really expensive as well, until I started looking at WRX suspension upgrades for referance. Even the Koni's run about 6 bills for the rex. Will we have cheaper options down the line? Maybe. Much cheaper for the quality I think the LGT deserves? Maybe not......

Oh, send the springs soon!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt that the guys at iON did an excellent job matching the springs to the stock struts, I would not have bought them otherwise. ;)

I am in the camp with others, though, that the stock struts are underdamped. Obviously I am going to wait and reserve judgement until I have the springs on, a proper alignment done, and many miles in the hills before I start to think about spending a further $700 on the suspension. Can't help but think about adding some adjustabilty to my set-up. Mmmm, dials to play with....

I know this topic has been covered already, but here goes, the local shop recommends getting an alignment right after my springs are installed. I've read posts here that recommend waiting a week before alignment. Would having an alignment right after the springs are installed be a waste? Is waiting a week the best? Its the 8th and I'm already drooling!:) Springs will be here soon!:D

What are the appropriate alignment settings for these springs with otherwise stock setup?

Good question. I would imagine everything would be the same except maybe getting the camber to be -0.7 to -0.9 all around or close to that.

Good question. I would imagine everything would be the same except maybe getting the camber to be -0.7 to -0.9 all around or close to that.

I posted this about a week or so ago:

TIPS FROM JACK:

wait 1 week before alignment [however if you mark your current camber bolt positions; you'll be 99% close to on spec for camber]. Camber will fall into factory spec range (the upper end).

The best way to mark is with either a "sharpie" or a white grease pen, or even whiteout. Since you'll be on the stock struts; as long as the marks align it will be close to alignment.

Update - Just to clarify some info. We were finishing up the 3rd QC inspection on Friday along with doing all the packaging etc. Some were able to make it out on the 9th, more will be leaving on this week's US bound p/u on the 16th. All of the springs are being shipped out in order that full payment is/was recieved. There are still several people who haven't paid the remaining balance, so those will not be shipped until the remaining balance is paid.

We will be emailing everyone with their tracking #'s directly.

Some were able to make it out on the 9th, more will be leaving on this week's US bound p/u on the 16th.

All of the springs are being shipped out in order that full payment is/was recieved.

Did I miss my tracking number? I know I was one of the first, if not the first, to pay in full. If mine shipped on the 9th, I never got the tracking number.

Thanks.

Update - Just to clarify some info. We were finishing up the 3rd QC inspection on Friday along with doing all the packaging etc. Some were able to make it out on the 9th, more will be leaving on this week's US bound p/u on the 16th. All of the springs are being shipped out in order that full payment is/was recieved. There are still several people who haven't paid the remaining balance, so those will not be shipped until the remaining balance is paid.

Thanks for the update Jack!

Waiting...waiting...

Does anyone in the Boston area have the IONs installed so that I can go for a test drive? Just picked up my wagon today, and the first mod I always do is... suspension!

I'm in So NH (< 1 hr from Boston) and they are shipping this Fri. So hopefully they will arrive next week and go on next weekend. I'll PM you when installed if you want. Let me know.

Archived