LegacyGT.com

Another iON Performance Spring Group Buy

HansGT

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the clunk/rattle are coming from the rear, I used to have that too. The rear spring coils towards the bottm are so closely located that they used to make contact each other whenevery they're compressed. The noise wasn't that severe but I'm one of those ppl with very sensitive ears. Jack recommended me to get a set of whiteline spring isolator. http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/suspension.html <--- look for coil silencer. This thing totally eliminated the rear rattle/clunk or whatever you call it. Hope this helps a little.

I think the handeling has improved. Not as planted as I thought but I am satisfied. The ride feels harsh and that's probably because of the 35 profile. I also do get a clunking/rattling sound but mine is coming from the front. I brought it back to the shop and tightened a few things. The car actually felt a lot quieter but now its back. I am not sure whats causing this or my ears might be just sensitive. The mechanic thinks its the strut bearings...so I am going to be bringing it back to have those repaired.

I am going to mention it to him about the white line spring silencer and see if he recommends it. Can this be used for the front? or just the rear?

bluechipbmw - The coil isolator works on both front or rear. The strut mount bearings could be the problem. However we've only seen a couple of those going bad. Did they find out what might be loose? Did they check to see if the x-member bolts were tight? There was a different member who had a similar noise; turned out to be a loose x-member bolt from the factory.

bluechipbmw - The coil isolator works on both front or rear. The strut mount bearings could be the problem. However we've only seen a couple of those going bad. Did they find out what might be loose? Did they check to see if the x-member bolts were tight? There was a different member who had a similar noise; turned out to be a loose x-member bolt from the factory.

I believe he tightened the x-member bolts. It felt tight for the day but it loosen up again the next day or so. Since it did go away when he tightened it made me think its not the strut bearings. I am going to give him a call again to see what he suggests. Can these continue to loosen?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived