LegacyGT.com

Another iON Performance Spring Group Buy

HansGT

not sure where mine is. DHL.ca says EXIT THROUGH CANADIAN GATEWAY via RICHMOND. That was 9/22/05. The US site just says "in transit". No idea where it is. I emailed them for an update as I don't have time to go through all the phone business.

Um....hope DHL didn't loose them. :mad:

Ditto for my package. Hopefully all is worked out and if they are getting shipped via ground service DHL will provide us with new tracking numbers/info.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ditto for my package. Hopefully all is worked out and if they are getting shipped via ground service DHL will provide us with new tracking numbers/info.

According to jack they are supposed to be linked to the number he gave us but they aren't. If you call DHL let them know its ground shipping. And they should be able to provide you with the tracking number.

Did anyone else notice the package weighs 1lb? I a sure them would weigh more than that. It would be less scary if there were some status updates

Yes I did thats when I realized something was wrong because there was no other information on the site. Not even an estimate date of arrival or my information. I would call them again and insist on getting the ground tracking number. I finally spoke to the right person and able to see the weight, estimate day of arrival and my shipping information.

for the record, DHL f-ing sucks ass. four calls to customer service and they keep passing the buck, and Jack is a pretty stand-up dude...

yes, DHL sucks the big one. they were supossed to call me by 5 pm yesterday with an update...nothing. I also responded on line about getting an update...no email yet. :mad:

I was pleasantly surprised that the DHL driver called my cell phone when she couldn't find my house. She was a rock with lips, however, and it took four calls as she drove back and forth in front of the house before she found it, but at least she called. Last time I had trouble with UPS (the regular guy was on vacation), they just put a note in the tracking info and forgot about it...

DHL service told me everything coming out of Canada will be flown, as opposed to the ground shipping bluechipbmw mentioned. Then she kept asking me questions and I never learned anything of the whereabouts of my package. I'll call again tomorrow, and hopefully I'll lbe able to speak with someone that can help me out.

apparently, all of our US-bound springs are stuck in a warehouse hub in Ohio... I know mine have been there for 5 days now... anywho... it helps to get a trace started on the package. call 1-800-call-dhl to get that ball rolling. now if they can just get the f-ing package to us that we've already paid for... also, BOYCOTT DHL FROM NOW ON!!!
now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

I feel for all of you. I thought I was going to be stuck with this same issue... but almost as soon as my tracking number started working, the springs were on my front porch. It took ONE day for my springs to arrive once they were in the system.... I was floored. Needless to say, they are on now... and trust me, they are worth the wait!

I just checked my tracking and the tracking history finally changed!!! Now it's in PA. And today is the est. delivery date. I would love to have them installed this weekend.

Everytime I hear these positive comments it makes me more anxious. I'm hoping I feel the same way once installed.

What's everyone elses est. delivery date?

MY SPRINGS ARE HERE, MY SPRINGS ARE HERE!

I just got off the phone with DHL customer service for the 4th time. They actually had the new tracking number and told me it was due to deliver today. I checked online under the new (US) tracking number and it was delivered 10 minutes ago to my companies mail room.....going to get them now I think.

.....don't know why but they sat in Chehalis, WA for 5 days...yes 5 days! :mad:

i just got back...of course I opened the box....they look nice. mine must be fresh.....still a little yellow paint residue on the inside of the box. the only thing I question is there are a few pea sized spots where the coating had come off. I guess while handling them. Anyone feel this will be an issue with rusting???

just got this reply from Jack concerning the spots...no big deal...here:

hi Brian, great to hear you got 'em. In regards to the spots where it's missing coating; you won't have to worry about actual "rust" deteriorating the spring. The springs themselves are annodized first before being powdercoated. If you have any corrosion it would only be surface corrosion; it would take ~100yrs to eat away at the high chromium steel. If you're concerend about possible rusting you can use some clearcoat in a spray can and lightly coat the springs or just spray the spots which are bare.

Best Regards,

Jack

i just got back...of course I opened the box....they look nice. mine must be fresh.....still a little yellow paint residue on the inside of the box. the only thing I question is there are a few pea sized spots where the coating had come off. I guess while handling them. Anyone feel this will be an issue with rusting???

Mine are exactly the same, but the spots are smaller than "pea" sized and I got yellow powder on my hands and black shirt.

CIMG0526.thumb.JPG.fb7586c2916fee2b449ba65723b25044.JPG

Mine arrived yesterday at home in Houston! Can't wait until after classes are done on Friday so I can drive home and install. One question, would it be horrible to install the springs with settings marked and as close to stock as possible and then drive from Houston to Austin without an alignment?

Mine arrived yesterday at home in Houston! Can't wait until after classes are done on Friday so I can drive home and install. One question, would it be horrible to install the springs with settings marked and as close to stock as possible and then drive from Houston to Austin without an alignment?[/quote/]

Other than a little bit different tire wair, you should not have any problems.

yeah...and you should give the springs a week to settle before your alignment.

I am not too concerned about the REs... with that said, I am not going to get an alignment at all - we are dead on from stock setting. If the tires go bye bye, so be it. That will then be the perfect excuse to get new tires (winter dedicated) and an alignment - then 18s yada yada in the summer.

I rotate ~5K... so I do not think I am going to see too much of a bad thing. Time will tell.....

I would get an alignment. I just had mine done 1 week after the install of my springs, it is not the camber that you are worried about, it is the toe. When you lower a vehicle it affects the toe, and I would imagine the tolerances could all add up to fairly fast tire wear.

Archived