LegacyGT.com

LGT replaced by Supercharged Shelby GT with mods

why do you need that much power on the street? it's not legal to use it. What if a kid on a bike rides out in front of you while laying some 11's? is that good time to have stock brakes or a BBK?

500hp and 10k in suspension means nothing if the car can't brake effectively. Anyone who knows anything about fast cars knows that it's more than 0-60 and lateral G's.

Take that car on a track that's not straight and in 5 minutes the brakes are toast and 500whp and a good suspension are useless.

Think about it! you can brake later going into a turn with a BBK which results in better times.

Priorities of a drag queen:

1. Power

2. Traction

Priorities of a track car:

1. suspension/traction

2. Braking

3. Power

WOW, this almost wins .....for stupidity

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as an engineer I thought you would know better?

Based on drag coefficient this year mustang could go nearly 80mph with 50whp.

It may take 3 minutes but it still can be done. Though 80mph is illegal.

I was wrong, this wins....keep digging my friend :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

How about you stop cluttering up the OP thread with such USELESS banter about what you would do with a car you clearly will never pilot. I dont think i even have to quote any posts because everyone will know who its directed at.

Carry on.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

To address the braking issue, let me start by saying I don't plan on tracking this car. It would probably do reasonably well but my lack of tracking in my LGT (once in five years) proves that tracking is not a huge priority. And my LGT kicked ass on the track with the Stoptech BBK, BC Racing Coilovers, and plenty of power. But I didn't take advantage of it.

Instead, I went drag racing. Go figure. I probably went to the strip 8-10 times and got 3-6 runs in each time. So you can see how I ended up where I am at now.

I'll certainly miss my LGT as it was more of a complete car in many respects. I could brake hard or accelerate hard around corners and the thing stayed glued. Would I try that in the Shelby? Hell no. But...

Crazy big INSTANT raucous power is a LOT of fun! More later.. thread getting fun. And I am taking the thing to the dragstrip this week.. nervous as hell and I've always been pretty confident. :redface:

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

This will be my last post related to this matter as to not fuel the fire and get us somewhat back OT.

Your comment came off disrepectful and rude the way i read it. A drag queen is a purpose built show car that is normally touting big numbers with little drivability *think a stock a/t + t88 supra on a big hill*.

There is a difference between a drag queen and a toy.

Granted the car could use upgraded brakes but thats no reason to insinuate that legend is stupid enough to floor it in a school zone and take out a small child.

I think you have good intensions but it came off snobby and rude *IMO*.

If i am wrong i appoligize but that was the driving factor of my comments, im sure legend is happy to talk about any of the cars short comings as he is always interested in others opinions from what i have seen.

Back on topic and happy modding.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

Legend how are you liking the mustang after being with it for a couple weeks? I would love to be a passenger in your car for a couple wot pulls if you are ever down in the highlands ranch area.

I like it pretty well. There are some things that I don't like.. first is that it is a little too pretty, too dressed, and borderline too loud. So it is a total attention whore of a car even though I'm not that kind of person. ;) But, the flip side is the very steady stream of constant compliments, people staring, etc.

The other thing I don't like is that I can't floor it in 1st. The problem is that no matter what I do, if at any point in 1st I floor it I get major wheel spin even with TCS (I always leave it on). I got 20" 275 wide tires on there and it is as if I'm in snow they just spin, the engine revs, I make a spectacle of myself, and don't get anywhere fast. The easy solution is don't floor it, obviously. But that is counter-intuitive to pretty much how I've always driven when wanting to leave a stop or roll quickly. This is a growing frustration as I am still planning on hitting the dragstrip tomorrow night and practiced tonight in abandoned parking lots just trying to find some strategy to launch in 1st without making a spectacle of myself and actually going somewhere.

I'm rambling here... so I love the new car... my 2 biggest issues are something that are certainly big positives that have gone too far... too pretty and too much power are kinda problems I've always wanted to deal with. :lol: (Other than 1st gear I'd still love more power, just for the record.)

The original owner is now selling his Hoosier drag radials and wheels... my guess is that I'll be buying these real quick after some serious frustration tomorrow night.. but who knows.

Here is a video he sent me just the other day, when he let me know his drag wheels won't clear his 2013 Mustang brakes:

Also, still considering an E85 conversion as I'd like to get to 575rwhp/550tq... but that might be engine suicide and I'll wait until Spring to possibly do that.

My '05 LGT

I would be more worried about your trans and rear, E85 is a safe way to make more power, but I found it to be a pain in the arse to use for several reasons....the biggest being availability in my area and how fast you’ll blow through a tank

I would be more worried about your trans and rear, E85 is a safe way to make more power, but I found it to be a pain in the arse to use for several reasons....the biggest being availability in my area and how fast you’ll blow through a tank

In a mustang that is using the 5 speed manual t3650 that is usually the weakest link. Luckily taking them out and taking them apart isn't too horrible and you can put better parts in for little cost. Only downside is you can't seperate it from the bell housing until the trans is out of the car but it comes out pretty nicely.... at least it does on the pre-05 models.

In line for my 8th pass of the night... still haven't beat my lgt best time! All my traps are better than my best lgt trap. Wanted 122+ but mostly 116-117, one 118. "won" every race but one so far... c6 z06 beat me by a tenth and 0.1 mph. tough night...still looking to get another pass or two. missed shifts on 4 passes... 2 decent runs so far

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My '05 LGT

thats great man. the difference is you were able to drive the snot out of your lgt, this presents a new challenge for you.

I'm sure you will get the hang of it, wish I could have made it but I am looking at the calender in late august/september test and tunes.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Due to the heat the dragstrip was the deadest I've ever seen it. Got 15 passes in total(!!!) The first 6 I completely hot lapped. Good thing too because I had a LOT to learn... results soon. First, the heat (at 6:04pm)... I raced from 4:30-7:15 or so.

http://beeez.com/shelby/heat88.jpg

http://beeez.com/shelby/weight3770.jpg

Here is the car's weight with me in it (220lbs), zero weight reduction, and 1/4 tank. For comparison, my LGT was 3470lbs without weight reduction and with me in it. Shelby is 300lbs heavier. Oh well. 3550lbs empty I guess.

My '05 LGT

60' (LGT best of 1.776): Bad wheelspin no matter what. I had my best luck launching off idle, or maybe 1500rpms at best. Tires still spun the least this way. All-in-all, launching on street tires, even though 275/35/20 at 25psi, just sucks. I had consistent 1.8's in the LGT with a best of 1.776.

5 best 60's:

1/8 (LGT best of 7.981 @ 89.08 mph):

I missed shifts on so many runs. Luckily 8 of my 15 runs did not have missed shifts! I missed 2nd most the time because the tach and speedometer are climbing and the tires are howling and it is tough to get it just right. I missed 3rd also once.

5 best 1/8's:

8.28 @ 92.69

8.44 @ 91.15

8.51 @ 90.90

8.59 @ 91.81

8.60 @ 92.25

So, compared to my best LGT 1/8th, I could not match the e.t. in any of my runs but had higher mph in all of my runs.

1/4 (LGT best of 12.43 @ 111.12 mph):

Same story on the 1/4.. I could not match my best LGT 1/4, but I was moving faster than my fastest LGT trap (112.86mph) in ALL 15 of my passes and many were quite ugly.

5 best 1/4 e.t.s:

12.54 @ 116.80

12.59 @ 116.70

12.66 @ 116.49

12.74 @ 116.43

12.76 @ 116.86

I had 2 better traps than my 5 fastest e.t.'s:

13.46 @ 118.12 (botched launch badly)

12.85 @ 117.69

My '05 LGT

Awesome results considering you are running street tires. It looks like it is all about traction with that beast. AWD is tricky to launch but once you get it right no worries. RWD nad 500rwhp is another ballgame.

With that much power and RWD it would be a great highway roll on racer.

I am sure with some drag radial you could be in the 11's.

Are you happy with your results?

Overall I am a little disappointed. I really wanted 120mph+ traps and I really didn't get too close. Original owner managed a best of 124.9mph on street tires somehow. I didn't expect to do any better than 12.2x with street tires, but really wanted to get a 12.3-12.4 to at least beat my LGT times. No such luck.

On the other hand, compared to all the muscle and tuner cars out there, my car kicked ass. Of regular modern street cars, there were only a few faster than me.. a white GT-R that was nailing 11.6-11.7's and 119-120mph, a Vette that was about the same e.t. as the GT-R but trapping 122-123mph, and a couple others in company with me. Even though I struggled, I "won" 14 of 15 races. SOOO many cars trapped in the 102-112mph range and it was nice to be a bit quicker than all of them.

The most fun race was the only one that I lost. It was to a C6 Z06. He got about 3 car lengths up on me pretty quickly and then I started pulling on him.. got down to about one car length behind him and then we were just locked in place. He beat me 12.51 @ 116.54 to 12.74 @ 116.43.

My '05 LGT

Archived