LegacyGT.com

LGT replaced by Supercharged Shelby GT with mods

I was waiting for updates.:lol:

It's one thing, IMO, to run 11.80 with a goal of 11.82 but to beat it by 3 tenths seems to make missing your MPH goal by less than 1 kind of a moot point. Just My $.02, though. Since you are that close, I see it happening soon enough. Well, hopefully before your weather starts to turn.:redface:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Bolskey. I like having my separate goals as they address different facets of the race. But yeah, overall I'm happy since I killed my e.t. goal and that is the most important of the three. ;)

Car felt pretty quick. 0-97mph in 7.4s (in the 1/8th) converts to 0-60mph in 2.83s. Damn... 0-60 in less than 3s at altitude rocks.

More later...

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

while I tend to shy away from most 'murrican cars, derp accepts as legitimate your pony car. ;)

badass vehicle you have yourself there. Bet it handles alright with the bracing and suspension mods as well?

I could suck start a snow blower.

As usual... I love looking over numbers, graphing, etc... it is why I had so much fun tuning the LGT. Anyhow, here is the acceleration plot of my best LGT run, my best Shelby street tire run, and my best Shelby drag tires run. Tough to believe that changing tires improved my time by 0.96s!

http://beeez.com/shelby/1158comparo.jpg

My '05 LGT

Went to Bandimere again thinking that the nice cool temps and a little more time behind the wheel would surely help me get an 11.4x. Nope! Surely I would at least beat my best of 11.58. Nope! The cool temps were offset with a headwind. Boo. Best e.t. of the night of 11.60, followed by 11.66, 11.70, and 11.71.

I know a guy with the black supercharged CTS-V wagon... I was able to beat him again but raced his tuner buddy in his red CTS-V supercharged sedan and had one of my worst passes of the night.. he wasted me 11.29 at 125 vs. my lousy 11.93 at 120.

I still really want to get on E85 for the spring and a real dyno tune (as opposed to my current e-tune)... think I'd improve by 0.2-0.3s and 2-3mph. That would be good enough for me on this car.

Don't know why the video didn't embed.

My '05 LGT

As usual... I love looking over numbers, graphing, etc... it is why I had so much fun tuning the LGT. Anyhow, here is the acceleration plot of my best LGT run, my best Shelby street tire run, and my best Shelby drag tires run. Tough to believe that changing tires improved my time by 0.96s!

http://beeez.com/shelby/1158comparo.jpg

That's a terrible graph.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Congrats man - good looking car. Fun as all get out I'm sure, especially at the strip where it comes into its own.

Oh and BTW - please change out your signature line... Too many of us still want to buy your LGT. ;)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Time should never be on the Y-axis. Things, like position, are measured with respect to time, not the other way around.

Plot distance on the Y axis, time on the X-axis, and leave it at that.

MPH is distance per a unit of time, so plotting MPH is redundant.

If you want to include MPH, then convert distance from feet to miles, and show time in hours and not seconds. Still plot distance on the Y and time on the X. You will get the same graph with different numbers.

And label your axes. This isn't middle school.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 1 month later...

Very nice ride. I dig your tinted tails

For that hater earlier, guys open track the s197 gt's on stock brakes with upgraded fluid, pads and ducts. To owner, look for some brembo takeoffs, I got mine for $600 (have to check your wheel fitment). These cars DO handle well with a few mods, even with our "wagon cart rear axle"

My pair

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag1/Shotokan1509/MGT/IMG_0548dos_zps36f40d65.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Nice... Although ur Shelby and ur LGT are from completely opposite sides of the spectrum... Haha... And holy cow... 1.59 60'?? That's freakin insane... Bet when u launch u can't even lift your head forward... Don't they require a roll cage if it's faster than 11.5?

Slightly tempted to change cars again. It was nice change going from 343whp to 510whp but 812whp has got to be even better.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3413018624.html

That is a no-brainer for me. I'd go with a TT Z06 over a 'stang any day (except for the new GT500). :eek:

Not a terrible asking price either. It can prolly still hit 26mpg on the highway when cruising. :wub:

Can't bring myself to get that twin turbo Vette. Main concerns are reliability and emissions. Secondary concerns are $ and no back seat. Sounds cool but kinda sounds like a money pit.

@tingtang: Honestly it doesn't feel a whole lot quicker than my LGT for the first 60', even though it is. It is about after the 330' where it really begins to mow down my old LGT. Some of my runs where I got crummy launches were really funny... I'd find myself behind by 2-4 car lengths by the 330' but then fly by cars and beat them by 5-10 lengths. Yeah different cars for sure... I've had all sorts of cars and if I had to choose one I would probably go back to an AWD tuner car. But life is too short to stick to the same thing so I'll rotate between sports cars, muscle cars, and tuner cars as my primary entertainment. And no brand loyalty at all for me.

My '05 LGT

That is a no-brainer for me. I'd go with a TT Z06 over a 'stang any day (except for the new GT500). :eek:

Not a terrible asking price either. It can prolly still hit 26mpg on the highway when cruising. :wub:

You like the 200mph 2013 Shelby GT500? Yeah it is a beast and I would like it too. But check out the specs. 0-60 in 3.7, quarter in 11.7 at 125mph. My Shelby GT, with ~$12k of mods, has the same performance specs (or better). I've ran several quarter mile passes better than 11.7 at 5900' altitude, although just trapped ~121mph and my passes aren't on street tires.

I still like this TT Z06, but I'd be switching to a car with twice the age ('07 vs. '01), twice the miles (17k vs 34k) that costs $5k more. And it wouldn't pass emissions and it would be a maintenance whore. With 2 turbos, IC, piping, etc... it would probably mean pulling turbos for basic maintenance operations, etc. It would be a fantastic car for a mechanic or a true hobbyist and/or pure race car. I don't have the time or patience for something like that, though I sure would love the power! ;)

My '05 LGT

Archived