LegacyGT.com

LGT replaced by Supercharged Shelby GT with mods

Shelby gt is nothing, but extra bages and exter stuff someone has put on the car that did not come stock. Nice mustang

Wow, nice way to come in and shit in his thread.

Does shelby put those 3.55s in there or ford? The gears or the tuning would be the only things that would really effect mpg. And I can't see the tuning lowering the mpgs by a significant amount.

My old man has an 05 GT and his car has factory 3.55's so it may be a Ford thing.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does shelby put those 3.55s in there or ford? The gears or the tuning would be the only things that would really effect mpg. And I can't see the tuning lowering the mpgs by a significant amount.

Ok, on mine Ford put on the "GT Upfitters Package" which was a $2140 upgrade that put the 3.55 axle in, different tires/wheels, and spoiler delete. So I don't think Shelby changed the gearing. Shelby added the spoiler back (different spoiler?) and previous owner ditched the Shelby wheels for some bigger 20" Shelby wheels and IIRC also had the gearing changed to 3.73. Looks like I have yet another question to ask him about the mods...

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Wow, nice way to come in and shit in his thread.

My old man has an 05 GT and his car has factory 3.55's so it may be a Ford thing.

Im not shitting on this thread. I have had over 30 mustangs 1966-1968. i know almost everything about mustangs. Yes this is a nice mustang and puts down great numbers. Just saying what this car is stock. All these gt shelbys and Roush, go to a factory and get performace parts on them.

I pulled off the 3.125 SC pulley tonight that ran 8-9psi and put on the 2.8 SC pulley and it looks like it is right around 12psi. Just drove for a few minutes but WHEEEE it did make a difference. More SC whine and for future reference must make sure I am straightened out before punching it in second.

My 8yo daughter keeps telling me the LGT is faster but now she says the Shelby is faster. I think the difference there is the slope of torque where the LGT went from very modest to crazy quickly over the course of a couple hundred rpms whereas the Shelby hits pretty hard and just keeps pulling and pulling.

Original owner says he had 3.73 gears put in when he went to 20's.

Next challenge will be trying FFS... with installed WOT box.

My '05 LGT

Make the GT into a super snake.

Or instead of that, put a few Hertz Rent a Car badges on it... after all, they did pimp these (non-supercharged, obviously) almost exclusively a couple of years ago. And remove your 'traction off' switch, to disable any burnout possibility; just to keep it 'in-spec' with the Hertz edition. :lol:

Good luck with the new whip. It sounds absolutely mad idling. I think that I may have creamed my pants watching that first video. :spin::wub:

I ran the original owner's best e.t. run through the dragtimes DA calculator. Track conditions were 5860' altitude, 67F, 27.0% humidity, 30.14inHg to "correct" to sea level e.t. and trap. 11.503 @ 124.2mph. Fuel was ~93 (91 octane with a couple gallons of 100octane splashed in). My car would probably fall into the 3rd category (least correction), although the block is stock. Looks like right about 11.0 @ 130mph.

Correct your ET and MPH using the DA (Beta Testing)

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines

10.419 @ 136.615 MPH

Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines

10.646 @ 133.519 MPH

Extensively Modified Supercharged and Turbocharged Engines

11.031 @ 129.2 MPH

My '05 LGT

I ran the original owner's best e.t. run through the dragtimes DA calculator. Track conditions were 5860' altitude, 67F, 27.0% humidity, 30.14inHg to "correct" to sea level e.t. and trap. 11.503 @ 124.2mph. Fuel was ~93 (91 octane with a couple gallons of 100octane splashed in). My car would probably fall into the 3rd category (least correction), although the block is stock. Looks like right about 11.0 @ 130mph.

Correct your ET and MPH using the DA (Beta Testing)

Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines

10.419 @ 136.615 MPH

Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines

10.646 @ 133.519 MPH

Extensively Modified Supercharged and Turbocharged Engines

11.031 @ 129.2 MPH

Out of curiosity, what did he use for a tire when he ran those numbers?

I'm surprised I can still discern any patterns at all on your rear tires

Haha, I was thinking almost exactly the same thing. I'm sure I would pretty much be in a constant burnout for the first month or two until the novelty wore off. If it wore off...

Nice pick up man you're going to have a blast with that car.

Just because it spent its life there doesn't make it a drag queen. That just means the owner is a drag queen:confused:

It is very much so a street car, street tires, big rims, stock style suspension, street gearing, does it even have a roll cage?

Just because it spent its life there doesn't make it a drag queen. That just means the owner is a drag queen:confused:

It is very much so a street car, street tires, big rims, stock style suspension, street gearing, does it even have a roll cage?

+1

The SN197 is still a very capable car with stock or mildly upgraded suspension and brakes.

I updated my first post with all mods since list wasn't originally complete when I posted it, if anyone cares.

When original owner sold me the car, it had the 3.1" pulley, which produced 8.5-9psi of boost. I finally swapped it out for the smaller 2.8" pulley he provided, which was surprisingly easy. Now it is making 12-12.5psi and WOW what a difference!

I am learning to log and still considering a dyno tune (versus the current etune). The etuner looks to be quite capable but you can't tune fuel remotely without a WB02.. and that is how fuel was tuned. So I'm concerned that the fine line between safety and power might not be optimized and tune might be on ragged edge or conservative and I hate not knowing which. I'm thinking instead of shelling out $500-$600 for a custom dyno tune, I'll take it to Boost Creep (most popular Colorado Subaru dyno) and get a baseline pull in and check WOT fuel.

My '05 LGT

Adding previous owner's dyno sheet. 1.13CF Note the pulls normally go to ~6200rpms but dyno operator thought AFR's were going suddenly lean and abandoned the pull before peak whp. (The AFR's were likely fine, but the tailpipe sniffer fell out.)

http://www.beeez.com/shelby/dyno1.jpg

My '05 LGT

why do you need that much power on the street? it's not legal to use it. What if a kid on a bike rides out in front of you while laying some 11's? is that good time to have stock brakes or a BBK?

500hp and 10k in suspension means nothing if the car can't brake effectively. Anyone who knows anything about fast cars knows that it's more than 0-60 and lateral G's.

Take that car on a track that's not straight and in 5 minutes the brakes are toast and 500whp and a good suspension are useless.

Think about it! you can brake later going into a turn with a BBK which results in better times.

Priorities of a drag queen:

1. Power

2. Traction

Priorities of a track car:

1. suspension/traction

2. Braking

3. Power

What is the point of having a 250hp turbo legacy that has a top speed of 140mph? That speed isn't legal and since a 60hp car can do 70mph that is all we should drive and that is all any manufacture should sell. Mods should also be illegal because no one needs that crap.

The OP will most likely spend most of his time in the car just crusing around and if that is the case then that is his right to do so... who are you to have issue with it?

Thanks for the continued updates. I figured an extra 4psi would make you smile....i would be curious to see the dyno and afrs on harveys dyno as well. Still havent even moved the lc1 since i brought it home that day...:)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

why do you need that much power on the street? it's not legal to use it. What if a kid on a bike rides out in front of you while laying some 11's? is that good time to have stock brakes or a BBK?

500hp and 10k in suspension means nothing if the car can't brake effectively. Anyone who knows anything about fast cars knows that it's more than 0-60 and lateral G's.

Take that car on a track that's not straight and in 5 minutes the brakes are toast and 500whp and a good suspension are useless.

Think about it! you can brake later going into a turn with a BBK which results in better times.

Priorities of a drag queen:

1. Power

2. Traction

Priorities of a track car:

1. suspension/traction

2. Braking

3. Power

Wow, this is great stuff here. First off, when was 500+ HP illegal to have? I guess you'd better tell the GT500, Z06, ZR1, CTS-V, AMG, and BMW M guys not to drive their cars. I can direct you to a 2500HP car that has proven to be driven 5k miles a year and easily put 1000mi on doing Hot Rod's Drag Week event. Number of spectators or pedestrians killed: 0. I can show you MULTIPLE cars with 1000+HP that get driven a lot and have never killed anyone. And I'm not talking 15" brake cars. These are tube chassis, strut style suspension, drag radial cars with light, little Wilwoods.

What you need to realize is just because the OP has 500+HP at the tire, it does not mean he will ever try to plant all of it in a school zone. There's having the power and then there's knowing when and HOW to use it. The OP has been a member a long time with a great history of drag racing and I have the utmost confidence he will use it and safely.

Did I say it's illegal to have 500hp? no. I said it's illegal to use 90% of the power in 500whp car.

Did I say I say that he is using it illegally? no.

Read --> Think --> Post.

So it's illegal to use more than 50whp?

Dang. I guess we'd all better go turn ourselves in...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

By that logic what's the point of having 500whp? :lol:

Did I say it's illegal to have 500hp? no. I said it's illegal to use 90% of the power in 500whp car.

Did I say I say that he is using it illegally? no.

Read --> Think --> Post.

Don't-->be-->an-->asshole to the OP.:lol:

By that logic what's the point of having 500whp? :lol:

And that was my point, you said it is pointless and dangerous to have a street car with 500whp because it is illegal to use that much power on the street, by using that same logic using all 250hp of a LGT is also illegal because it too will get you to illegal speeds with ease and LGT brakes are not all that great or even any better than a 05+ mustang GT. So by that line of thought no one should be allowed to have more than 60hp because that is all you need to get up to legal speeds... right?

Archived