LegacyGT.com

Tune with a downpipe.....why?

turbodog

And you have the balls to quote definitions of strawman arguments to others?

Buddy who the hell ever said it was perfect?

The point was nothing disastrous is going to happen if it's below 40PSI.

What does performance driving have to do with regular driving?

What the hell are you even arguing anymore?

The accepted norm is also that when people modify compact cars, in this case Subarus, they get a freakin' tune.

Done and done!

Sorry, the original point was that higher tire pressures give very noticeably better impact resistance. If you're happy with turning your wheels into octagons and destroying sidewalls, by all means run the stock tire pressures (which are rediculously low).

But you don't, because you know better.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Sorry, the original point was that higher tire pressures give very noticeably better impact resistance. If you're happy with turning your wheels into octagons and destroying sidewalls, by all means run the stock tire pressures (which are rediculously low).

My wheels are not octagons, my sidewalls are fine, and I run stock tire pressures. U mad?

My wheels are not octagons, my sidewalls are fine, and I run stock tire pressures. U mad?

Not at all. You either have smooth roods or don't drive aggressively enough to notice the sidewalls rolling over.

Different TIRES have different SIDEWALLS.

I just happen to be running Eagle F1 A/S UHP tires.

They are a great tire in every respect except noise and comfort.

They have super stiff kevlar-reinforced sidewalls.

On the other end of the spectrum we have the super-soft sidewalls of the Continental ContiExtreme DWS. I agree with you and on those, from what I have read from others, would not dare run below 40 PSI.

What you are doing is throwing a blanket statement, which is exactly what everyone is calling you out on.

The stock tires did just fine at stock pressure.

These F1s are horrendous at 40PSI but I do get a bit better mileage.

• I Donated
Not at all. You either have smooth roods or don't drive aggressively enough to notice the sidewalls rolling over.

If you drive aggressively enough to have your sidewalls roll over on a regular basis, you're probably a dangerous driver.

If you drive aggressively enough to have your sidewalls roll over on a regular basis, you're probably a dangerous driver.

I'd agree. I'm running all-seasons at stock pressures, and I know where the sidewall breaks down... and I stay away from that point, until I can justify new wheels/tires.

Hopefully that happens before my car spontaneously flips over due to running factory-recommended pressures.

Tits mcgee

No, your original point was that anyone running under 40PSI would destroy their tires and/or wheels. Plenty of people run under 40 PSI, including me. I haven't destroyed anything. The testimonial from tons of other people agree. You are wrong. Period. There's no way for you to skate around that. "Back it up or retract."

Has "turbodog'ed" been added to the LGT.com lexicon yet? The definition will be long and drawn out, I'm too lazy to write it myself...

Coming soon to a thread near you...

It would also have to be wrong, and contain Wikipedia links.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Probably...

1) Install downpipe

2) Don't get a tune

3) Post results after 5,000 miles or when pistons weld themselves to the cylinder walls, whichever happens first

OK, I'll get right on it! :spin:

For some reason the F1s have a hard time maintaining pressure when they are on the rear.

This is not a rim issue or a tire mount issue. Every time I have them rotated the issue is always on the back. If I go more than 2 weeks without topping them off, I am essentially driving on unequal tire pressure on the rears, sometimes as low as mid-high 20 PSI.

And yet my LSD is just fine and nothing ever blowed up. Of course I keep a careful watch on things because I don't want to gamble with the AWD system but the point is I should have either been dead or wrecked my AWD if it was that big of a deal because I have run the rears on low pressure at times.

No, your original point was that anyone running under 40PSI would destroy their tires and/or wheels. Plenty of people run under 40 PSI, including me. I haven't destroyed anything. The testimonial from tons of other people agree. You are wrong. Period. There's no way for you to skate around that. "Back it up or retract."

Allow me to spell it out for you:

If you:

- Drive normally (ie. NOT watching like a hawk for every little road imperfection)

- At normal speeds (speed limit to 10 mph above)

- On normal roads (with normal imperfections, holes, etc)

- At recommended OEM tire pressures.....................

................your WILL EVENTUALLY damage your tires and or wheels. Look at the number of normal people who do all the time. Clearly, there are a number of enthusiast drivers here that are pretty good at dodging potholes.

OK, I'll get right on it! :spin:

Pull up the service manual and get an understanding of the stock boost control. Replace the restrictor pill with larger or an adjustable needle valve. Extensively datalog and do not allow to excessively overboost. It's not that hard.

Pull up the service manual and get an understanding of the stock boost control. Replace the restrictor pill with larger or an adjustable needle valve. Extensively datalog and do not allow to excessively overboost. It's not that hard.

you are so ******* retarded it's not even funny.

• I Donated
Allow me to spell it out for you:

If you:

- Drive normally (ie. NOT watching like a hawk for every little road imperfection)

- At normal speeds (speed limit to 10 mph above)

- On normal roads (with normal imperfections, holes, etc)

- At recommended OEM tire pressures.....................

................your WILL EVENTUALLY damage your tires and or wheels. Look at the number of normal people who do all the time. Clearly, there are a number of enthusiast drivers here that are pretty good at dodging potholes.

Back it up or retract.

I don't dodge potholes, drive at above normal speeds, on normal roads, at recommended OEM tire pressures, and I haven't yet destroyed a wheel on this car, and the only tire I destroyed was when a screw went through it.

Furthermore, when I had my old car with much higher profile tires inflated to 45 psi, I did manage to hit a pothole that destroyed my tire and wheel. So anything is possible at any PSI, but it's unlikely to happen even at normal pressures.

Archived