LegacyGT.com

Tune with a downpipe.....why?

turbodog

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
Back on topic - YOU ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED AN ECU TUNE TO RUN AN AFTERMARKET DOWNPIPE SAFELY. Nothing in this thread so far has proven this statement wrong. Boost control otherwise can be adjusted for stability by other means - this has been my understanding for MANY years. Please prove this wrong

Once again, you may be right, but who cares? You're saying it's better to go through the hassle of porting the wastegate and installing an MBC for no power benefit than to get a $100 tune and get all the benefits of the downpipe?

All I can say to that is this:

http://delicious-cooks.com/data_images/recipes_01/philly-cheesesteak-sandwich/philly-cheesesteak-sandwich-06.jpg

Tuna fish sandwich tip: Add hummus to your tuna instead of mayo! /PSA

That is... An incredible idea.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

There is no convincing argument for tuning due to an aftermarket downpipe, uppipe, or anything else. You can control lean running conditions with a manual boost controller, and a good quality blow off valve. The engine computer is more than capable of learning the new conditions and running safely.

ECU tuning is a complete scam to make dip shit with a lap top and OBD II port some money. Usually they do a bad job and blow up cars.

WTF does a aftermarket BOV do to make an engine run safer over a oem one? Your saying that an ecu can learn how to deal with a bigger turbo and injectors without a tune (you said anything else)? You really sound like your saying a tune has absolutely no benefit. How would you change timing then to make more power? Tuning is more then just controlling boost

Back on topic - YOU ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED AN ECU TUNE TO RUN AN AFTERMARKET DOWNPIPE SAFELY. Nothing in this thread so far has proven this statement wrong.

Is your self-esteem that low? You start a thread by asking a question that you think you already know. Then when people answer your question you dissent and imply that they are just babbling on with BS.

WTF does a aftermarket BOV do to make an engine run safer over a oem one? Your saying that an ecu can learn how to deal with a bigger turbo and injectors without a tune (you said anything else)? You really sound like your saying a tune has absolutely no benefit. How would you change timing then to make more power? Tuning is more then just controlling boost

I think you need to settle down and go make me a sandwich.

A good blow off valve will bleed off the excess boost pressure along with the waste gate to keep boost levels where they need to be so the car doesn't run lean and have problems. Bigger injectors and a higher capacity fuel pump would be a great way to fight lean running conditions, and you don't need ECU tuning to make it work. I would suggest upping injector capacity by at least 25-30% if you are going to put on a higher flow downpipe. Another really important part to add to the car is a better air filter setup, preferably cold air induction with an under hood cone air filter.

I am not trolling. I am quite serious, and I think turbodog can manage to go through with these mods and more without ECU tuning and make just as much power safely as similar mods with ECU "tuning".

Archived