LegacyGT.com

Turbo Whistle

cut a 5" circular hole in the firewall behind the turbo and route the exhaust pipe straight into the glove compartment. Open the glove compartment when you go full throttle and you'll hear a whistle like no other.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks max capacity, its funny i come here for help but instead get a bunch of bs. I dont give a f*# about your opinions. I want to know how to make this happen. If you dont have that info hop off and go enjoy your car

Not trying to be rude but if you don't give a f*# about their opinions, why did you post this on the Internet?

Not trying to be rude but if you don't give a f*# about their opinions, why did you post this on the Internet?

To get advice about how to do it, if it's possible.

Those two guys in the first video are hilarious. :lol:

Here in Japan truck drivers have had ridiculous whistlers and other stuff on their exhausts since forever, they're loud as hell and drive me nuts. Straight through exhausts on the big scooters with CVT are possibly even worse, they sound like arse. :spin:

Some good threads on here lately. LGTs are getting plague with retarded owners.

What do you expect when owners of rices out Civics finally get that big break, and make assistant manager at Pizza Hut?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

With the intake silencer removed and catless up/dp on my 05, you can hear the turbo spool and the BOV release pressure.

When I roll into the throttle on my wagon, I can hear the turbo spool. Just like big trucks on the highway when they begin to climb a hill.

Is that what your asking for ?

If your turbo whistles that the sign that it has to much shaft play. Trust me on that one. I posted a video in here last year, 142,000 miles on oem turbo.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

When I got my promotion, I went from an Accord to a LGT. I needed a big boy car! :cool:

Cheesy-bite pizza ftmfw bro.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

yea Max Cap, thanks for the advice! where is that silencer located?

Under the air filter box from what i believe. My son took mine out back in Aug 04 while I was doing something else.

You remove the air cleaner box and you will a black box hanging on the bottom of it. Just pop that off, and make sure you fasten all the clips on the air filter box during reassembly.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Lot of helpful people on here that's for sure. I'd love to have the same sound but gonna be hard to get that nice whistle sound. I have dump pipe, bigger turbo, avo pod intake etc.. and yes, sound is more audible, but I don't get that nice turbo whistle that you speak of. I'd say it's more so the characteristic of the turbo.

thanks max capacity, its funny i come here for help but instead get a bunch of bs. I dont give a f*# about your opinions. I want to know how to make this happen. If you dont have that info hop off and go enjoy your car

Then you're on the wrong forum. Perhaps you should find one that caters to ricers

ha this guys a character, I bet your mom gets pissed when you work on the car too late

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/Street-s-closed-pizza-boy-the-fast-and-the-furious-movies-21092371-450-260.jpg

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

What do you expect when owners of rices out Civics finally get that big break, and make assistant manager at Pizza Hut?

ha this guys a character, I bet your mom gets pissed when you work on the car too late

I know your new here. I will give you fair warning, BAC5.2 is someone you don't want to piss-off.

You will NEED him someday. He's that good.

Give you another hint, you want to keep on good terms with m sprank, bmx045, SBT and a few others, the list goes on, you will come to know as the "go to guy's" when you have questions.

I know your new here. I will give you fair warning, BAC5.2 is someone you don't want to piss-off.

You will NEED him someday. He's that good.

Give you another hint, you want to keep on good terms with m sprank, bmx045, SBT and a few others, the list goes on, you will come to know as the "go to guy's" when you have questions.

pfffft :lol:

Archived