LegacyGT.com

Turbo Whistle

Op is looking to make his car sound "cooler". I'm sorry but installing a Turbo Whistle on any Turbo car just makes it sound rice. There way better upgrades the OP can do to his LGT than spending money on this kind of upgrade. But if he really wants the sound, just buy an aftermarket intake, and BOV!

Well you could say that first of all without all the insults to him. But also who are you to decide what is best. If he wants a little more sound out of turbo or wants to look cool who cares. Look at half the threads out there, they are for visual mods like removing the orange side marketers or putting in new cool looking grilles, how is that any different and now somehow makes him a noob/ricer ect. And if someone makes an ahole comment why does everyone seem to think they wont get an appropriate response even if they post a ton in a forum. Not saying they are bad guys but I think you should treat a new member that asks a question with a little more respect than being a complete dick. But I guess thats the Internet.

Also I figure for posting this I will likely get flamed more but that will just prove my point further. Not going to post to this anymore and the links are funny just try to give the guy some slack and if you post a video at least give him an honest answer without linking to an exhaust squeaker in every post.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks that guy, I probably should have been more specific. I have a Cobb short intake, hks ssq3 bov and that's it.i was looking for the sound of the turbo spool whistle, not some gay clamp on whistle. My car isn't rice by any means, and for the record to shut out the pizza comments, I'm a Police Officer. I want to go bigger turbo with a front mount kit and pick up an access port. Exhaust will come with time. I'll just stop at All Jap Performance on my way to work tomorrow and see what they think.

I have a Cobb short intake, hks ssq3 bov and that's it.... My car isn't rice by any means...

Are you sure?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have a Cobb short intake, hks ssq3 bov and that's it.i was looking for the sound of the turbo spool whistle,I want to go bigger turbo with a front mount kit and pick up an access port. Exhaust will come with time.

You're modding in the wrong order. You should really read up on Subaru modifications before you do anything else to your car. You're already doing it incorrectly. There's no need for you to have an intake OR a BOV. I have a full atmospheric BOV but I have my reasons, and I still have the stock intake.

Quick and dirty: http://www.fastwrx.com/goinfasenand.html

Well you could say that first of all without all the insults to him. But also who are you to decide what is best. If he wants a little more sound out of turbo or wants to look cool who cares. Look at half the threads out there, they are for visual mods like removing the orange side marketers or putting in new cool looking grilles, how is that any different and now somehow makes him a noob/ricer ect. And if someone makes an ahole comment why does everyone seem to think they wont get an appropriate response even if they post a ton in a forum. Not saying they are bad guys but I think you should treat a new member that asks a question with a little more respect than being a complete dick. But I guess thats the Internet.

Visual mods, while boardering on rice more often, are VISUAL. He has an intake and bov with a stock car = great potential to run rich and lean all day. Maybe he needs to buy a new short block before he realizes a car shouldn't whistle.

We're not going to hold your hand and feed you warm milk from a bottle when something goes wrong here. But I guess that's kind of like the real world.

My car isn't rice by any means, and for the record to shut out the pizza comments, I'm a Police Officer.

Oh boy... well, I guess it can't be rice then. Unless it's pork & rice. Get you some skinny, low-offset rims & it can be pork, rice, and beans.

Tits mcgee

• I Donated
I'm a Police Officer.

If you're a police officer, then you're sworn to uphold and follow the law.

And I would assume that an officer would be the first person that knows that its a federal offense to modify a vehicles emissions system...this includes (but is not limited too) the ECU (tuning, Cobb, etc), exhaust systems, sensors, fuel injectors, etc to outside of OEM specifications.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

WAIT A MINUTE HERE.

I've been pulled over for my old turbo Legacy being too loud, simply because I let my blow off valve go next to a cop....

Why is it ok for a cop to do that kind of stuff, but its not ok for me too?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Why is it ok for a cop to do that kind of stuff, but its not ok for me too?

My car isn't rice

It's because his car isn't rice. He said so right at the top of this page.

BOV + civvy = rice

BOV + badge = bad-ass

Tits mcgee

Archived