LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy's ship in July

What about the rumor that they were dropping the "non"-LTD package from the GT lineup? I've got my father currently interested in "maybe" picking one up, BUT, he's very particular in his old age. He hates leather seating, but wants an OEM factory sunroof. Will a sunroof be an "option" if the non-LTD version is still available for '06?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the entire Memo:

June 27, 2005

Dear Subaru Retailer,

Subaru of America is pleased to announce the pricing of the 2006 model year Legacy, Outback and Baja vehicles. These new vehicles will begin to arrive at your dealership in July.

Legacy and Outback

This fourth generation Legacy and Outback line-up was completely re-designed and upgraded at the 2005MY introduction to represent the latest blend of performance, technology and luxury.

For the 2006MY, we have added two new models to the line-up that provide exceptional value: Legacy 2.5 i Special Edition Sedan and Wagon and the Outback 3.0 R Wagon.

The Legacy 2.5 i Special Edition Sedan and Wagon models have upgraded equipment from the 2.5 i Sedan and Wagon including an 8-way power driver’s seat and power moonroof (dual glass to glass power moonroof in wagon). This additional equipment is shown on the Monroney label with a $1,000 Special Edition Discount, for a net Special Edition Package price of $300 for the Sedan, $500 for the Wagon. The manual transmission equipped Sedan has an MSRP of $21,995 and the manual transmission equipped Wagon has an MSRP of $23,195. These vehicles offer a great value for our customers.

The Outback 3.0 R Wagon is for the customer who appreciates the power of a 6-cylinder engine at a value-driven price. In addition to all the standard equipment on the Outback 2.5 i, the Outback 3.0 R offers the 3.0 liter DOHC Engine with Active Valve Control System and Active Valve Lift System, 5-Speed automatic transmission, Variable Torque Distribution AWD, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), 6-disc CD changer, dual zone automatic climate control, body-color exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals, and a rear seat center arm rest. MSRP is $28,995.

Also new for 2006MY, a touch-screen GPS navigation system with a 7” screen is now available in 2006MY for an MSRP of $2,000 on the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan, the Outback 2.5 XT Limited Wagon and the Outback 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition Sedan and Wagon. The navigation system is standard on the Outback 3.0 R VDC Limited Wagon.

All 2006MY Legacy and Outback models have standard 17-inch alloy wheels and receive an air filtration system and engine immobilizer. New i-Active Valve Lift System is an enhancement to the normally aspirated 2.5 liter engine that improves both torque and horsepower. This technology increases horsepower to 175 @ 6000 rpm and torque moves up to 169 @ 4400 rpm. This technology is now standard on 4-cylinder non-turbo models. These models also get larger (11.5") front brake rotors.

Baja

A new remote keyless entry system and security system is now standard equipment for all 2006MY Baja models. Exterior color choices include Brilliant Silver Metallic, Atlantic Blue Pearl and Obsidian Black Pearl. The MSRP of the Baja Sport 5-speed manual transmission (MT5) is $22,495. The Baja Turbo MT5 is $24,595 and the Baja Turbo with Leather Package and automatic transmission (4EAT) is $27,495.

The 2006 Subaru Legacy, Outback and Baja pricing will be posted on Subarunet.com in vehicle pricing information, under the vehicles tab. Destination and delivery charge for 2006 Legacy, Outback and Baja models is $625 (Alaska is $775). Price lists for the port installed accessories and port packages are also posted to Subarunet.com.

We are excited about the new Special Edition models added to the Legacy line-up and the new Outback 3.0 R Wagon, as well as the availability of navigation system on the Legacy and Outback line-up. The enhancements made to the 2006 Legacy, Outback and Baja line-ups and the Legacy Special Edition discount will provide your customers with an even greater value on the best selling AWD vehicles on the market.

Good Selling!

Fred D. Adcock Executive Vice President

Hmm interesting that they didn't deep six the Baja....

Believe it or not the Baja has experienced a huge growth in sales the last few months...enough that SOA has said it will continue to be produced until the 2007 model year...

nav is obviously not bodystyle specific, since the outbacks get it. I think it was either an oversight typo in the memo, or a really stupid move, if it is true. If it can be dealer installed (it is an option, after all...) then it shouldn't be a problem

Speaking of options, it says nothing about port-installed (pre delivery, or dealer installed) options.

I see no mention of things like additional interior features, HIDs, or anything for the existing trim levels. It just seems to be an over-all dealer heads-up on the model lineup changes and the base pricing. It specifies what equipment the 2.5i SE and OB 3.0R have (they both seem like base GT-spec cars, with a non-turbo 2.5 and 3.0R engines, respectively, with the sunroof available on the 2.5(i) SE)

I wonder if the 2.5i models will get the same design wheels as the GT/XT... No more visual differentiation (hood scoop and signal mirrors would be the only clues, now) between turbo/non-turbo models by the wheels.

How about HID's. That is the only thing that is making me wait till 06 show up.

William

are you serious! you will be able to pick up a nice leftover for an awesome deal. you can spend $300 for a kit or spend $300 and kill a day or two of your time and do a complete xenon projector retro.

mine

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14544

i can't see passing up a great deal for the xenon option. not to mention it will prob add at least 1k to the cost. the nav is another story. i would have waited if i could, but ohwell. i doubt we'll see 06 LGTs going for 26-27k like the 05s were. do yourself a favor and pick up a 05 when they are desperate to get rid of them. then you can spend all the $$$ you saved on mods and have a nicer lgt then a new 06. unless your loaded then who cares. wait for the 06. i dont have that kind of $$$.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

According to the 2005 sales brochure the 2.5i Limited Sedan and Wagon aready had 11.5” front discs.

As for the new 2.5i engine I would like to see a comparison of the HP and torque curves.

175 HP @ 6000 rpm and 169 torque @ 4400 rpm

168 HP @ 5800 rpm and 166 torque @ 4000 rpm

Anyone think they were trying to get rid of some older parts with the 2005 models? Maybe that is why they didn't kill the Baja.

Opie,

Can I get a confirmation on this?

This better be a mis-print

"gone models dropped are cloth model GT and the manual transmission 2.5i Limited and GT Limited wagon. You can still get a manual transmission GT sedan "

I posted it in another thread based on this website

:spin:

It looks like no manual available for ANY '06 turbo wagon!! Sucks for new buyers. Glad I didn't wait for the '06s and bought my GT limited wagon 5-SPEED last week. I should run home to make sure subaru hasn't taken it back!

-Rob

It looks like no manual available for ANY '06 turbo wagon!! Sucks for new buyers. Glad I didn't wait for the '06s and bought my GT limited wagon 5-SPEED last week. I should run home to make sure subaru hasn't taken it back!

-Rob

If this is true :(

Why would Subaru, who singlehandedly saved station wagons in America, keep pooping on their wagon customers?

-Allen

If this is true :(

Why would Subaru, who singlehandedly saved station wagons in America, keep pooping on their wagon customers?

-Allen

Because they know what you really want is an outback...duh. :rolleyes:

2006 increased prices,..YUCK!!

That is why I hurried up and searched for a 05 before there were none left,..In my case, I bought and had my car shipped from Seattle Washington and saved money without the harsh dealermarkups we have in Hawaii and save $1500 with the 05 rebates,..

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html

Notables:

NO MORE: cloth model GT

NO MORE: 5MT 2.5i Limited

NO MORE: 5MT GT Limited wagon. <---- W T F ? is Subaru thinking by doing this? http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gif

new model 2.5i Special Edition SE with power seat and sunroof

new model GT Spec B sedan, limited production, available late summer/early fall?

new more horsepower on 2.5i, now 175 (up from 168)

new larger wheels on 2.5i

new Navigation system ONLY available on GT sedan with automatic trans W T F??????? http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gifhttp://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gif

new air filtration now standard

new immobilizer key now standard

new destination now $625 (was $575)

From

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797861

Duh!

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html

Notables:

NO MORE: cloth model GT

NO MORE: 5MT 2.5i Limited

NO MORE: 5MT GT Limited wagon. <---- W T F ? is Subaru thinking by doing this? http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gif

new model 2.5i Special Edition SE with power seat and sunroof

new model GT Spec B sedan, limited production, available late summer/early fall?

new more horsepower on 2.5i, now 175 (up from 168)

new larger wheels on 2.5i

new Navigation system ONLY available on GT sedan with automatic trans W T F??????? http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gifhttp://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gif

new air filtration now standard

new immobilizer key now standard

new destination now $625 (was $575)

From

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797861

Duh!

Wow, that text looks really familiar :lol:;)

Sounds like SOA is c0cking it up.

WHY remove the manual trans option on the Legacy? Can one still get a manual trans OBXT Limited? That is abso-frakin'-lutely rediculous.

NAV only on sedan with 5EAT? Why not wagon? those are evidently ALL 5EAT now...

What the hell does a NAV OPTION have to do with bodystyle or transmission choice?

I thought it was stupid before to drop the base GT model. Now they are saying prices are going UP??? WTF??? Someone needs to be canned. And HARD.

The 2.5i SE should take the place of the 5MT 2.5i Limited, so that is about a wash.

I have the distinct feeling that I am going to not like the sticker price on the GT spec B, which should be an option package anyway. (I said it again, there!)

Are the executives and product planners at SOA complete morons??? Some of this really makes no sense. Plus they seem to want to not give us the options we do want...

Alienating customers, $25k+ at a time, just to save a couple of manufacturing dollars on fewer variations of an already modest lineup seems like a losing proposition to me.

Archived