LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy's ship in July

will the nav option be able to be installed in the 2005s? what's wired back there?

I second the question. Will our '05 Leg GT accept an '06 nav system?

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to break up the party before things really get out of hand...

but I wonder how much of this is accurate. Last year about this time, everyone was confused about the documentation saying that the GT non-limited didn't get Auto Climate Control. Sure enough, it was wrong, and all GTs got it. I think that subie's brochures were even wrong.

I just wonder if this nav thing is the same deal... And that it is an option for all legacy/OBs above the 2.5i trim level...

I am still wondering about the lack of a non-limited GT, though. That removal has been hinted at for several months.

WTF, SOA, why not just publish the stats. This is getting rediculous.

Dun dun dun.....

Here is an attachment another member (who works at a dealership) posted. Hopefully he won't mind.

So the good news and bad news (as of 05/27/05):

Bad:

Spec. B is only offered in Titanium Silver Metallic

No LGT wagons in 5MT, only Outback XT

Good:

There really aren't any! :( Well, there's no green Legacys (but that's just a personal opinion) :)

Other than that, looks like an unfortunate future for future Legacy/Outback enthusiasts. At least the turbo engine is still around.

-Ben

lineup.thumb.JPG.d4103d26aa669de257c2cdce8b987c36.JPG

-ben

Dun dun dun.....

Here is an attachment another member (who works at a dealership) posted. Hopefully he won't mind.

So the good news and bad news (as of 05/27/05):

Bad:

Spec. B is only offered in Titanium Silver Metallic

No LGT wagons in 5MT, only Outback XT

Good:

There really aren't any! :( Well, there's no green Legacys (but that's just a personal opinion) :)

Other than that, looks like an unfortunate future for future Legacy/Outback enthusiasts. At least the turbo engine is still around.

-Ben

More bad:

Confirmed that no NAVI available with MT5 :(

Yeah this is really weird...

There has got to be a good explanation for this, oops yeah right $$$$$$ sales oriented, and I thought they were selling a lot of LGT Wagons 5MT... But who knows....

I am so glad I bought mine in 05!!!!!

Cheers,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

If I can make the math work, I am considering trading my current GT wagon for a GT Limited wagon. I like the simplicity of the GT but I am tempted by the entertainment value, for me and my two little kids, of the big roof. Since it appears there will be no manual wagon in 06, and perhaps never again in the Subaru line up...who knows, I may want to get luxury + manual now and keep it long term. Color me undecided.

Tom

Yeah yeah yeah, I haven't posted in a looooong time...

Anyway, I have to agree that this latest news from SOA is stupid at best. Why would you limit your choices on colors and models etc. in the second model year. That taupe interior is the only thing offered on most of the models. YOU HAVE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.

Damn, I don't even know if I am going to order my Spec-b now. I am kinda jaded. I might keep my 5MT GT wagon and let the wife fend for herself. The more I think about it, is there any reason to buy a legacy at all now? I can get a WRX with similar features and the 2.5T.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.....

I am reading the sheet my wife gave me and it says 2.5 Gt Spec.B MT5 and then the U4 and 83 option for navi, bilsteins, moonroof, 215/45-18,,,fin type wheel.

All from SOA 2006 MY line up sheet.

Myles

Yes but this is a limited production run right? What are the chances of getting one, and without paying retail?.. I don't really think this counts. Plus the red leather.. ugh.

I live in NYC as well, and I have to say that over uneven pavement and small potholes, the ride is jarring to say the least. I keep on being afraid that I am going to do damage to one of the wheels becuase of the crappy streets.

How long have you had your Legacy. I have 5500 miles and two went on me - one bubble and another had a split on the bead.

Shouldn't really be an issue...I live in the NYC area as well. I have had the car for approx. a year, and have 10K + miles on it. Just keep the tire pressures correct (I keep mine around 36-37 Front, and 33-34 rear) and you shouldn't have any issues. And trust you me, I have driven over the whitestone, in queens, in NYC, in LI, and all over westchester. Not to mention the GWB and 95...oh, what a great ride. I haven't had any issues with the tires at all...maybe Mike got a bad batch of tire...or his tire pressures were off (which I do recall he had an issue with -- posted somewhere). As for the wheels, the 17's hold up pretty well...it's the aftermarket one's that you have to watch out for. Go cheap, and stuff WILL happen...otoh, if you get a set of quality forged rims, you should be OK.

Anyway, good luck...and sucks to see that they are discontinuing the cloth versions of the LGT. I prefer the cloth over the leather, don't really care for a sunroof/moonroof, and power seats, well, who cares anyway...and that's about the only difference I can think of, b/w the limited, and non-ltd. I might have to trade out soon enough...but that will be a year or so down the road.

Archived