LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy's ship in July

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am reading the sheet my wife gave me and it says 2.5 Gt Spec.B MT5 and then the U4 and 83 option for navi, bilsteins, moonroof, 215/45-18,,,fin type wheel.

All from SOA 2006 MY line up sheet.

Myles

So do I understand that there will be a Spec B 5MT Wagon in 06? or this only a sedan? My wish is for either an STI or, less preferred, Spec B variant BP.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I can't believe they AXED the 5MT from the wagon as an option.

I'm glad I have my wagon, but if they had done that for 05, I would NOT be driving a LGT wagon right now.

Unbelievable.

Wagon choices are limited enough, but something halfway decent with a MT that's AWD or RWD is pretty much now limited to BMW's and Audis. Or I suppose the WRX wagon, but that's too small for my needs.

I like my 05 5MT a lot, but Subaru might've just screwed itself with customer loyalty... at least for this owner.

Dale,

From the spec. sheet that I posted on the last page (post #81), it seems that the Spec. B only comes in sedan form and I guess is the only MT version w/ navigation.

Also, the dashed I (Limited-I) is just their way of saying it has a taupe interior.

-Ben

-ben

I hope that spec matrix is wrong. Really wrong. BTW, the 2.5i SE is supposed to replace the 2.5i Limited 5MT.

Blue paint (RBP AND! ABP) with TAUPE!!! NO BLACK INTERIOR?????!!!!!!

What in the hell is wrong with SOA? Are they trying to go out of business? I guess Limited is really going to take on it's literal meaning.

I'll be scouring these boards for an 05 RBP and Black GT Limited Sedan. Sorry FHI/SOA, but you aren't getting a new car sale from me, if this is the stunt your're going to pull. I don't reward pathetic decision making with my hard earned money.

Another Used car for me, if this is true. Spec B will likely be too expensive, especially with NAV, and the rumored sticker price INCREASE across the rest of the line. Not like they would offer a GT Spec B 5MT wagon for the few wagon owners who want an MT. That might be too logical.

I swear, someone at SOA who does product planning needs to be fired. Before Subaru falls on it's face, even more than it seems to be. I can do that job better in my sleep. They must have gotten a GM person in there. They are the only ones to offer more of the cars people don't want to buy.

My brother's fiancée's uncle is Marketing at SOA. I'll see if I can bribe somebody into digging for an answer on the deletion of 5sp for the GT wagon. ;)

Yeah, this is a huge mistake by Subaru. Although the taupe interior isn't horrible, the fake wood trim that accompanies it is.

I feel kinda sick from all this.

+1

Given these facts, whoever is looking for a wagon, might as well get the '05 for hella cheap.

As the owner of a 05 2.5i manual, I am miffed that they added variable valve timing and more power on year 2 of the model. This will make the engine rev more freely and more enjoyable. This is a feature I would have loved to get on my car. I guess the new engine was in the works last year, but not ready for 2005.

On the other hand, I am not loosing sleep about the 17-inch wheels, as these are not ideally suited to winter driving here in Canada. But I would have taken them of course.

The addition of engine immobilizer is also a plus, correcting what must have been a cost-cutting measure in 2005.

Finally, this is not the first time Subaru has mucked the Legacy line with mandatory automatic transmissions. For example, in Canada, the 2005 2.5i Limited comes with automatic transmission only. I remember in previous generations that Subaru would put out a value-priced Special Edition model, only to saddle it with mandatory auto trans.

I expect that they will tweak things again for 2007, for example by adding mp3 capability and/or 6-disc CD changer on the base model. By that time, everybody will be clamoring for DVD compatibility (There is nothing like a DVD full of mp3 music).

And then, 2008 will come, the Year of the Facelift, the Year they graft the new corporate nose on the Legacy...

why all the complaints?.....

aren't most of you got a nice looking, value priced 05s?......

to me it's all good news cause 1. power stays the same for GTs and 2. no 6speed Manual...

it's all good til 07...:D

I don't, and I don't think I am going to be ready until at least the spring, by then the 06s will be in full swing, and the 05's will be likely gone. It is hard enough to find one now.

I have to pay down the debt on my current cars so that I can either trade one of them with some equity, or pay them off early and budget for a new monthly payment. It is doable, but not immediately.

The only other thing will be that the 07's may be coming out shortly after I am ready. I am not sure how much faith I should put in SOA to make the 07s better than the 06, considering the direction they are taking now. Poor sales due to mismanagement is likely not going to look good to the bean counters a year from now, and companies rarely admit that it might be their bad decisions that cause it.

I guess it will be me looking at the 07's, and if they suck as much as the 06's are looking like, then I'll be looking at an 05 coming off lease.

More confused.... http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html

If you scroll down it says...

Reinforced 5spd manual with overdrive and dual mass flywheel

Optional automatic 5 spd electronic SportShift with steering wheel controls

He contradicts himself.

Reading all the forums and threads, it still is confused.

I am worried... so have been trying to get a wagon imported to Oregon as there is no LGT Black/Black, 5spds.

So have been trying to get a wagon imported to Oregon as there is no LGT Black/Black, 5spds.

Dunno if you're allowed to import Canadian cars, but I know that (as of July 4th, anyways) there was a LGT 5spd Wagon Ltd in Western Canada.

Canada?! Interesting...I am sure they must be an issue.

I just learned that California has a different emission standard for thier cars, which I kind of already knew. The extra standard cost more. So if I get a car imported from California the dealer will charge more than other states.

My question now - is the power the same? Is there an extra cat? Is the ECU tune different?

hmmmm...

More confused.... http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2006.html

If you scroll down it says...

Reinforced 5spd manual with overdrive and dual mass flywheel

Optional automatic 5 spd electronic SportShift with steering wheel controls

He contradicts himself.

Reading all the forums and threads, it still is confused.

I am worried... so have been trying to get a wagon imported to Oregon as there is no LGT Black/Black, 5spds.

Joe is very responsive, you should E-mail him about the inconsistency and perhaps he will clarify it or confirm if it is an error or not, or whatever.

Won't know till you ask!

-Allen

Joe from Cars101.com now says that a 5sp will be available. He is confirming today.

Still can not find a 05 black/black, 5spd wagon. A dealer offered to sell me an 06 at 100 over invoice, ordered on Aug 1 and delivered 100 days later for Christmas...uhhggg.

Joe from Cars101.com now says that a 5sp will be available. He is confirming today.

Still can not find a 05 black/black, 5spd wagon. A dealer offered to sell me an 06 at 100 over invoice, ordered on Aug 1 and delivered 100 days later for Christmas...uhhggg.

5sp available where?

On the wagon?

Link?

Did he tell you this in person or what?

More info dude!

Joe (cars101.com) from Carter Subaru - Seattle, emailed me to say that he thought that there WAS going to be a 5sp in the 06. He was going to confirm. I have not heard back and his site has not changed.

I spoke to two local dealers and both say that they do not know for sure either way and have heard similar rumors. Both say that Subaru keeps secrets very well and they often do not know full spec options until RIGHT before they land at the dealer. Both did say that they thought the GTs would not come out until later in the summer.

Aside...dealer found one wagon in the Bay area and is trying to get it shipped. Grrr...

5sp available where?

On the wagon?

Link?

Did he tell you this in person or what?

More info dude!

Exactly, they are gonna offer a WRX Wagon with Premium Package (Leather, Sunroof and etc) along with a 5 speed, and I guess they are offering a detuned 2.5L turbo 230hp engine, "almost" like ours in the LGT....

Can anyone confirm that?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

post_old.gif 07-08-2005 , 08:47 AM report.gif sendpm.gif find.gif quote.gif qreply.gif

I test drove a black on black 5spd. limited wagon about a week ago, at Maita Subaru in Sacramento. It's still in their online inventory. It's probably hard to sell that color combo in the valley, it's like a toaster oven on wheels. Looks great though...

http://tinyurl.com/8x26s

Oops, I thought you meant Bay Area in CA, not Oregon.

Jason K.

Archived