LegacyGT.com

What's your most embarrassing Legacy DIY mistake?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not on my LGT but a previous car I had a siezed thru bolt on the rear lateral links. I cut the nut off still couldnt get it out pulled the entire part off to put it in a vice to try and punch it out. while swiging the 5lb mallet missed the part with a good swing and got myself right in the family jewels! I dropped like I had been shot and layed on the floor in agonizing pain!

I full on punched my self in the nose/mouth/lip last night with the drill while mounting my front lip.

Ironic? hahaha

Ha! I've almost ripped my shoulder out of socket a couple times with a close quarter milwaukee drill, while running new circuit runs through ceiling joists in the basement. Not leggie related... sorry.;)

Punching yourself in the face means you're pulling up on the drill toward your face- dumb idea.

And jase, I still can't figure out how you almost ripper your shoulder out of socket.

Or.... Your in fight club.

The Milwaukee close quarters has some torque. When your working overhead drilling between joists, and it catches on harder wood, a knot, etc.... AND your not holding onto it will all you got, it will try to rotate the drill instead of the bit. By rotating the still, that means rotating all 165 pounds of me.

The Milwaukee close quarters has some torque. When your working overhead drilling between joists, and it catches on harder wood, a knot, etc.... AND your not holding onto it will all you got, it will try to rotate the drill instead of the bit. By rotating the still, that means rotating all 165 pounds of me.

I've done this a few times drilling thru a half inch thick plate of steel. The bit catches a burr and you have to hold on for dear life. After getting beat up I decided it was time to pull out the mag drill. :lol:

speaking of stripped turbo threads.. when I went to upgrade my TMIC, I went to loosen the bolts on the turbo. started on one side with a ratchet until it was loose, then did the other side. it got loose but wasn't coming off. neither was the other side. OOPS WRONG DIRECTION

I've done this a few times drilling thru a half inch thick plate of steel. The bit catches a burr and you have to hold on for dear life. After getting beat up I decided it was time to pull out the mag drill. :lol:

Using a non press drill in half in plate without a second handle can be dodgy. Either turn the clutch one down from drill for safety or be careful. Whipper snapper in a hurry.:spin::lol:

Using a non press drill in half in plate without a second handle can be dodgy. Either turn the clutch one down from drill for safety or be careful. Whipper snapper in a hurry.:spin::lol:

Yep.. I had a second handle, but its still a pretty serious operation.That's what I get for designing a frame and forgetting the cable routing.. :lol: rookie mistake.

Agreed those have some serious torque, have hit myself in the face a couple of times and felt like it could break my wrist if I didn't let go.

I'm a low voltage contractor, drilling in tight places all the time, hate those drills, the only way to go is a Milwaukee Hole Hog if it will fit. Joists & studs with nails will get you injured if you don't have the 2 hand extension on the drill.

That's a beast of a drill. Pricey too!!

It treats tough wood like it's butter LOL.

Back on topic. Ruined my passenger side mirror backing into the garage going a bit to fast maybe 1/2 mph.

Showed up to my first Subie meet missing a lug nut.. didn't re torque it after pulling the wheel. The local tuner noticed it and said, "I feel bad for the poor sap behind you when that thing came off". I looked at my buddy with a 2011 sti that followed me the last 70 miles.. oops! My bad.. Won't do that again.

When I modified my headlights to take the reflector out and black the inside I forgot to put the inner piece inside the headlight before putting one back together haha I was exhausted from other car work..doh!

How about playing on a fire road a little too fast, drifting through a corner, and clipping a rock that explodes the sidewall of your tire? Did I mention there was only a few k-miles on the tire? Yup, that was me.

Archived