LegacyGT.com

Help me with my Stage 2 work

• Mega Users
seems to be 2-3 weeks, from what others say

oh, well that wouldve been nice to know from the beginning. Thanks, looks like the exhaust isn't going on for a while.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users

Good looks mike. As long as this tune goes well you will probably be sending me some fuel mods soon:icon_razz.

I'll try to post some of those virtual dyno charts from RR, if anyone cares...

gonna try to beat JBTs stage 2 "Drunken Mann" virtual dyno numbers. :lol::lol::lol:

• Mega Users

so when I save my stock map before flash the ECU with stage 2 base map and then logging, do I just do that thru learning view?

The reason why I'm confused is because Learning View saves files as ".CSV" and the base map that Shamar sent me is a ".HEX" file

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

• Mega Users
Use RR learning view for all logging. Use ECUFlash to copy, push/pull to your ECU. Those files are the .HEX. extension

yup I understand that. Shamar told me to do a Learning View Snapshot before flashing the stage 2 base map.

so I guess my question, what is the learning view snapshot for. and how do I save the stock map in a HEX file in case I want to flash back to that in the future?

• Mega Users
Lol. I went to stage 2 to 2.5 to 3 within a few months. Can't get enough !

Mmm, I never saved my stock map. Maybe you can find on RR forums somewhere ?

i figured out how to save it... about to install everything, just gotta hook the tv up in the garage so I can watch football while im doing it.

• Mega Users

my god. m sprank was right about the FMIC. 10 hours later and I'm finally bundling up the car. The bumper needed trimming. need to get a longer line for the BDV. This is a big project for an amateur with basic tools. still need to install the exhaust. I'm hoping that goes by much quicker as I need to get everything done by tomorrow night. I wanna get to the fun stuff.

for anyone that has installed this FMIC, how the hell did you get the stock airbox to work with this kit. I'm not about to hack it up if im not positive its gonna fit....

I think you didnt know what you were getting into. This kit fits better than an FMS kit. The airbox hose tabs need to be trimmed on the inside, and i didnt bolt the box down. Just make sure the box seals and isnt warped. The tabs at the bottom need to fit in.

• Mega Users
I think you didnt know what you were getting into.

I never do:rolleyes:. I don't mind it tho. Figuring it out as I go along, its a nice confidence booster when its all said and done.

I will say that I'm completely confident that its installed correctly and that there will be no leaks, which is nice. Im pretty anal about that kind of stuff. I thought it would take like 6 hours...Not 11. Racheting wrenches would have cut the time down imensley. I got stalled because I need a longer line to the BPV and lock nuts for the flange. Will finish that after work, then quick test drive, then hook the trailer up and go pick up the exhaust at my storatge unit and start working on that. Hopefully by 11 I will be able to load the base map, and do some logging.

Finally took the stock fogs out too. Need to order the covers as soon as possible from FBP. somebody gave me a link before for them but I cant remember the thread.....

• Mega Users
If you're talking about the recirc hose, unbolt it from the manifold and it will flex enough to reach the bpv

that would work but it got chopped up when the boost gauge went in. still too short after the splitter by like 2-3 inches. Would autozone have that tubing? I feel like its a pretty standard size that If I brought a piece with me I could match it up.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived