LegacyGT.com

Help me with my Stage 2 work

• Mega Users

Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks again! I think the family is hitting the slopes next weekend. See you there.

No Merry Christmas to a dead battery though. Looks like I'll be doing the gauges myself....

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
my oil pressure gauge is only to 100, and the needle is pinned at cold start up. at hot idle its about 32, hot full boost 90-100, and hot cruise at 75mph is around 80-90. how do these compare with other ppls #s? I'm sure there is at least a 5% error deviation that you could factor in with mine.

• Mega Users

so I when I was on fred beans I ordered the 3" dp to 2.5" exhaust adapter. the one I got was this

11400.jpg.01ffb6d908a96fee07313bf75d10ad79.jpg

but then there is this one

077044.jpg.fb690bbbdd6e24a854b8896e67e594af.jpg

Did I get the right one? The on I got doesn't have that thing (i dont know what to call it) going into the downpipe.

• Mega Users
Both use the same OEM donut gasket. Yes we carry them. Funny how another vendors customer (FBP this time) is asking me for answers (again). Wish I got to sell all the parts I end up supplying tech support for. Lol.

? I'm not a straight fred beans customer, I've bought stuff from you too. I try to give you the business.

Thanks for the help

I had a generic one. Ifyou have trouble with your stock bolts, here's a small solution I made up a while ago. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/3-2-5-adapter-exhaust-springs-bolt-solution-156515.html?t=156515

Stock bolts and springs are not to be used with aftermarket down pipes or CBE's. The springs are there to assist in applying pressure because the bolts are to be torqued to 14ft lbs. The bolts are too short, too thin, too weak and even fall through some downpipe flange holes. Funny, but the extra hardware that is sent with CNT down pipes is perfect for CBE connections. Lol. Just use some grade 8 hardware that fits.

? I'm not a straight fred beans customer, I've bought stuff from you too. I try to give you the business.

Thanks for the help

I hear you. But I even troll the open forums answering questions. Why? Because I am a member, not just a vendor. I probably spend 3 hours a day on the phone 6 days a week answering questions, troll 4-6 forums a day, answer PM's on all of them and emails (all those 7 days a week/365). In the middle I spend 6-8 hours a day wrenching on Subies. Probably the most "active" member/vendor here. Not complaining. I love the cars and the forum. If I had all day to just talk cars and answer questions I would be stoked. But I cant do that and eat.

A few others (like Paul at AVO, Mike from AZP, Bryan from BNR) are around some too to assist. For general questions Mike (AZP) is super knowledgeable being an enthusiast and shop owner too.

Ryan and Dan at FBP can answer some questions when they are online on their site. They too are good guys.

Stock bolts and springs are not to be used with aftermarket down pipes or CBE's. The springs are there to assist in applying pressure because the bolts are to be torqued to 14ft lbs. The bolts are too short, too thin, too weak and even fall through some downpipe flange holes. Funny, but the extra hardware that is sent with CNT down pipes is perfect for CBE connections. Lol. Just use some grade 8 hardware that fits.

Glad to know the engineering side of it. I always thought it was to provided flexibility for the donut flange. That's why I tried to keep at least some of the spring with the bolts. It served me well for a few months before I went full tbe.

• Mega Users
Not complaining. I love the cars and the forum. If I had all day to just talk cars and answer questions I would be stoked. But I cant do that and eat.

That will come some day I'm sure:).

UPDATE: waiting on the FMIC to get back from the coater and then get shipped over. Hopefully I'll get that installed early next week. Exhaust will go in shortly after that, just ordered the gasket. Picked up a junker windows laptop and ordered a tactrix cable. Let the fun begin.

• Mega Users

So with this E-tuning business. After I install all of my parts...

1. Contact E-Tuner for scheduling.

2. Install latest version of ECU Flash

3. Install latest version of RomRaider

4. Follow instructions on how to use the software from the many threads and forums that explain it.

5. Connect Tactrix to Windows Laptop

6. Copy stock log in several locations

7. Log (romraider) a 3rd gear WOT pull to redline praying the car doesn't blow up.

8. Send log to tuner.

9. Flash new log from tuner (ecuflash) and have fune.

If someone could confirm these steps or add any that would be great. thanks.

• Moderators

After all of the work that you have done, "praying the car doesn't blow up" seems quite the gamble. I think you need to install a basic stage 2 map before logging your WOT pull. It won't be perfect, but it will keep things from going haywire and give your tuner a good base to start with. I think someone suggested using one of mickey d's maps earlier in this thread? Other than an AP I'm not sure where to tell you to go for a basic stage 2 map other than your tuner.

I would say that your step 1 should be "Contact E-Tuner for scheduling and basic stage 2 map." You should add a step 6b to "Flash ECU with basic stage 2 map received from E-Tuner (or elsewhere)" and then continue with the rest of the steps you have laid out.

Others will chime in and correct me if this is not the case, I'm sure :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Mega Users

i said "praying the car doesn't blow up" more in a joking manner. I don't think a front mount and a downpipe is too much of an alteration on the stock map to be concerened about a WOT pull in 3rd. But then again I'm the noob here and looking to get the feedback!

I'm putting the stock air box and BDV back on the car too, forgot to mention that.

Thanks for your feedback

• Mega Users
No logging required prior to getting base map from tuner. Logging begins after getting base map.

Correct. Will Shamar provide along with the cost of the Stage 2 tune?

Thanks Mike

Archived