LegacyGT.com

Help me with my Stage 2 work

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users

^^^^Thanks.

Looks like I might have some more cash for the car coming in soon. The bike has to go. Our good family friend's son got hit by a drunk driver on his motorcycle and he's been in critical condition for about a half a year now. Moms out there seeing him, and shes not handling it well (lots of brain damage). She wants it out of the garage and I have no other place for it. Probably for the better.....

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Yes, for the better. That's the reason I never bought a bike and Ryan also. My self presivation said, as much as you like to go fast...those just don't look safe...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I have a buddy that also had a life changing crash on a bike.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ride it. You only live once. If I crash and burn, at least I flame out doing something I love. 40% disabled from riding (racing accidents). Still ride every day I can. Thursday is supposed to dry up. Looks like a good day to ride.

Sorry to hear about your 40% disability. That would seriously cut into the skiing time.

We all have our vises. Skiing fast is mine. I know Kevin knows where I'm coming from.

Like my son said when I asked him if he wanted me to leave both chain saws with him so he could finsh cutting up the downed trees from big Oct 29th snow we had.

He said, "I do enough things where I can hurt myself, I don't need another one", you can take them with you.

Ride on m sprank, I'm sure you enjoy every second of it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Mega Users

I know what M sprank is getting at. Those kind of rushes that you get from doing what you love are addicting. I LOVE going fast, and bikes are a whole new realm of it. Honestly, I don't know if I'm more of a danger to myself on a ski mountain or a ZX6r. I love both, and all of my family and friends ski, so I have other people to enjoy it with. Unfortunately not many of my friends ride, and there are very few clubs around me.

If I grew up where there wasn't any snow, I'd probably be on a bike everyday. Instead of ski racing when I was younger, I'd probably be racing bikes. I grew up around skis, not bikes:rolleyes:

Moved to Cali from NY when I was 4. Spent summers in NY with grandparents. Went to summer camp, etc. all back home.. But I rode for Honda and Yamaha because I had a big desert to go practice in for a back yard. Gave up the surf board before high school. Have gone skiing only once in my life. Go 130mph+ on my bike every time I ride. It might just be my end some day. But I lived through racing...

• Mega Users

Flashed 3rd revision and logged.

Weirdest thing happened. I grab my laptop and tactrix and climb out of. The car. I realized that I forgot to log an LV. I unlock the doors, get in the car sand sit down, and the everything in the car shuts off. I had my key in the ignition but didn't even get to turn it until the car turned pitch black. Obviously nothing was working in the car, so turning it over wasn't n option. I pulled the black panel off the drivers side door jam to check the fuses. Instantly smelled like electrical. All of a sudden everything turned back on, and everything worked. The stereo, gauges, AC, windows, locks, everything..... Verrrrry strange

These things have been known to have some funny electrical issues from time to time.

Useally if you remove the key and try again it's all better.

• Mega Users
These things have been known to have some funny electrical issues from time to time.

Useally if you remove the key and try again it's all better.

ya it was really the weirdest thing. I sat down in the car, plugged the tactrix in, stuck the key in the ignition, then the entire car went black. Just like it would have been if you unplugged the battery. Then I got a slight smell of electrical, not particularly strong, but definitely could smell it. SKETCHY. At that point I had my keys out of the ignition looking at the fuses inside the car, and then magically the car turned back on. WEIRD.

I don't like doing electrical work on my car. Ill do it when it boils down to running amps, trailer relays, basically anything simple that only involves running a 12 volt line to the battery. I'm good with soldering connections and making sure the heat shrink wrap is on there properly. So doing the double din conversion was easy. Any time I have to run power from a fuse box, or another hot lead from another electrical system, sketches me out. I don't like doing it, and I will pay someone else to get their hands dirty. I don't have any expertise with these cars, and I feel like with electrical you need to really understand currant, amperage, etc to know what you are doing. That's not to say that just because I paid someone to do my gauges, they didn't do it correctly:rolleyes:

• Mega Users

The car is completely dead. It happened again. This time I put my keys in the ignition, and as soon as I turned the key, everything turned black. I waited ten minutes to see if everything would come back on, but no luck.

List of aftermarket electronics:

Trailer relay- hard wired to the battery.

Amp- hard wired to the battery

Stereo- Used SVCdx's adapters, all wires soldered and heat shrinked as they should be.

Radar detector - wired to cig lighter

GPS - no longer in the vehicle, but the power cable is sill in. Wired to cig lighter

speakers - wired to amp, not the back of the HU

Capacitor - obviously on the same wire as the amp, and grouded to the frame.

Gauges - paid ECS in CT to wire these. I have no idea how they wired them. This I want to say HAS to be the culprit. But I really don't know. The gauges were functioning after the car blacked out the first time.

Everything worked after the car died the first time. I really don't think this could be the stereo. I made sure I properly solders and heat shrink wrapped every connection. I have the stock battery still in the car, and I know its due for a replacement. But it has made it thru some brutally cold weather up north this year and didn't fail me. The car doesn't crank slow at all, even with all the aftermarket electronics I have in it. I was going to replace it in the spring.

Can any of you guys help. otherwise the motorcycle is coming out early

Check the battery voltage, after you make sure the terminals are clean.

I wonder if the ignition switch is bad ?

I gather the car is at work right now ?

I'll email you...

• Mega Users
did you check every fuse? one of your wires must be shorting somewhere

not yet because I'm too busy looking thru all of your previous avatars in the donors thread.

Archived